• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 1...2324252627...145
Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete Topic

Pogo69
SILVER Member since Apr 2006

Pogo69

there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness

Total posts: 3764
Posted:good luck with it, david...

but the same applies... all you can do it live it as it comes... all good, great times... if not... move along...

of course... this is easy for me to say, cos I've only had a couple of dates since the end of a 10 year relationship... and I've not continued to see them, so I guess I kinda suck @ it rolleyes

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Delete

Rouge Dragon

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Posted:sure it's not just cos you're lazy wink

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Total posts: 6120
Posted:Thanks mate. I think age is an issue because he's at the age where he goes out and gets mashed VERY often, and although I'm still partial to a good long night of boogying I was never one for mash ups...(stone cold sober!)

It might not work but hey! I'll see what happens...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

Birgit
BRONZE Member since Jan 2005

Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much

Total posts: 4145
Posted:... and some people just don't always carry their phones or work in buildings with no reception or aren't bothered enough to always have it charged (well, or all 3 like me ubblol)

So, I met my boy again on the weekend smile It was better than good, but we both don't really want a long-distance thing. So boo for that, but we'll keep seeing each other every now and then, which is really all my free time allows for, so hmmmmmmmm! I guess I should say it was successful, all in all? biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

Aurinko
BRONZE Member since Aug 2006

Aurinko

hello!

Total posts: 1034
Posted:yeah. And long-distance relationships really suck. But on the other hand, as long as it still is the same continent, I wouldn't exactly call it a long-distance relationship. Maybe a some-distance relationship?

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

Delete

OrangeBobo
SILVER Member since Nov 2003

OrangeBobo

veteran

Total posts: 1389
Posted:Not in the same city and needing to fly to see one another is definately a long distance relationship. You just gotta weigh out the good with the bad. Sometimes it's worth that amount of effort, and sometimes it's not.

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

Delete

Pogo69

Pogo69

Posted:rougie: ye, good point... tongue

david: also good point... but no harm in trying smile

birgit: mmm, I sometimes wonder if long-distance isn't the perfect solution...

Delete

Lunadog

Lunadog

Total posts: 62
Posted:I keep reading this thread as Shingles thread
EDITED_BY: Lunadog (1156172406)

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:Well, if there was a flight that didn't involve another 4 hours each way spent on trains, buses etc it might be easier, but this way, going for "just" a weekend means effectively going for 1 day because the rest is spent travelling and the flight times don't help at all.

Pogo, depends on what you're looking for I guess. I've had some and there were always points when I wanted to spend more time with them than was possible. It's kind of weird, you see each other for a few really intense days and then it's all waiting for the next time. So you never really get to do all the "normal" things cause you're so busy making up for the time you couldn't spend together (interpret that in whichever way you want wink). In a way the intensity is nice, but then all the times when you think "I wish so-and-so was here now", or that you just could wake up next to him/her are not that nice shrug

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

Neon_Shaolin

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Posted:I get that Birgit...

And you spend so much time building up that the weekend you meet up is gonna be excellent that anything that is merely 'a pleasant time' would be considered a disappointment. That's happened to me before...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

OrangeBobo
SILVER Member since Nov 2003

OrangeBobo

veteran

Total posts: 1389
Posted:The worst is when after several of these "intense" days, when you do get a chance to spend a longer period of time together, and get to the more "normal" things, that things don't turn out the way you think they would. I had that happen to me before, spend a couple great weekends together, but when the 10-day long stay came up, things got stressful. He did things one way, I would do them another, and it was a struggle. Unfortunate but true frown

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

Delete

Aurinko
BRONZE Member since Aug 2006

Aurinko

hello!

Total posts: 1034
Posted:and that's why I LIKE BEING A SINGLE!!!

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

Delete

Pogo69

Pogo69

Posted:OrangeBobo: that's why I reckon long distance can be a good thing... and ye, birgit/neon I see they other side.

but with most relationships (from what I've seen anyway), it's when you're in each other's face all the time, that it starts to die a slow death. fun, exciting in the beginning, but dies a lil bit more every day. and in each other's face is what tends to happen, cos @ least one of the participants will want it (generally)...

of course... every now and then, the right kinda couple comes along that blows my theory outta the water and are happy in each other's pocket for 50 years or more...

Delete

Rouge Dragon

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Posted:there's ALWAYS a couple that comes along and blows EVERY theory out of the water

Delete

KittyKill

KittyKill

enthusiast

Total posts: 365
Posted:well they are bloody lucky

Have you ever notice that poi is spelled backwords on the key board.............................................creepycool

Delete

Lunadog

Lunadog

Posted:Or hydro-bombers....BOOOOOM-SPLASH!!!!!!

Delete

CalvinKlown

CalvinKlown

Eunathist

Total posts: 280
Posted:Got told on Sunday by my then GF that she didn't want a relationship, as she had just come out of one (3 months ago). So I'm officially single again.
I feel quite good about it really. Everything was amicable, I'd had my doubts about it anyway.
Just a pain being back in dateland again.

Maybe I'll try boys this time....

Never lie down with someone who has more problems than you.

Delete

Neon_Shaolin

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Posted:AB. Must be nice to be so interchangeable (But probably more complicated)

Delete

Lunadog

Lunadog

Posted:Or guinea pigs, but they can get a bit sticky

http://www.oginet.com/pgurney/penprot.htm

Delete

CalvinKlown

CalvinKlown

Eunathist

Posted:Jeeeez! Glad I'm not a guinea pig.

4 handed job! Can you imagine explaining to a friend why you need their help with your pet?

That's far more complicated than anything I've had to deal with!

Delete

Lunadog

Lunadog

Posted:It really is sticky stuff, you ain't gonna that out of your hair if he decides to go all over your face

http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/bedd...html#post183616

Delete

the_mods_stole_my_name
SILVER Member since May 2006

the_mods_stole_my_name

travelling without moving

Total posts: 1286
Posted:come on guys, pg forum and all! (pardon the unintentional pun)

Heilige Scheie, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Delete

Lunadog

Lunadog

Posted:Sorry, it's serious guinea pig advice though, if you do own guinea pigs it might come in useful one day

Delete

_Aime_
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 4172
Posted:I'm fed up of being single again.

Bring on the men!

Delete

polarity
SILVER Member since May 2005

polarity

veteran

Total posts: 1228
Posted:*A huge silver tureen is carried in and placed on the table, when the cover is removed a naked polarity is crouched there with an apple in his mouth*

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Delete

Chronofracture333

Chronofracture333

Hobo Gaylord

Total posts: 329
Posted:There I was, perfectly happy, when my idiot housemate starts asking me about my last relationship.

"What do you miss about them?"

"What went wrong?"

"Do you want them back?"

All that crap. It's not that I miss the person so much as the synergy. All the experiances you can only create with another person. And no it's not just the sex.

So now I'm feeling all shitty and lonely, and to top it off the two people I fancy at the moment, well, one of them's seeing someone and the other (truly surprisingly) likes girls.

I'm single. It sucks. I'm off to bed. (alone)

frown

Aime, I can only concur. Bring on the men.

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

Delete

Sambo_Flux
GOLD Member since Jun 2006

Sambo_Flux

Introverted

Total posts: 833
Posted: Written by: polarity

*A huge silver tureen is carried in and placed on the table, when the cover is removed a naked polarity is crouched there with an apple in his mouth*

ubblol What a way to make an entrance!

I've been single for about 4 months after a 5 and a half year relationship, and I'm finding it a bit of a mixed blessing. The freedom is lovely, in 4 months I've been to 3 festivals, travelled about, caught up with uni mates and met loads of new people. smile

But.... my ex (who I'm still good mates with) is now going out with another mate of mine, and while I'm fine with it, it's kind of thrown the fact that I haven't found anyone into sharp relief. And I got blown out by a girl I really liked a few weeks back, so I'm feeling the downsides particularly acutely at the moment rolleyes Also, I've got no ability at flirting either.... I end up coming across like this: ubbloco wink

Still, can't let it get me down! Chin up, I'm going for spin! weavesmiley Laydees, here I come! Any takers? wink

*swings across room on chandalier and crashes out of window*

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:That's because you're Silent Bob and you don't talk to girls ubblol

More seriously, if your ex has found someone and you haven't, so what? There's not that many "right" people that you just run across every day, and after such a long relationship 4 months isn't that long. Gives you time to work everything through, find out what went wrong, what you want to be different, who you want, and NOT say "my EX used to..." to the next girl all the time wink

I know how it feels though, though this time I've decided to enjoy singledom smile As you said you get to catch up with more people, go places etc!

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

Sambo_Flux
GOLD Member since Jun 2006

Sambo_Flux

Introverted

Total posts: 833
Posted: Written by: Birgit

That's because you're Silent Bob and you don't talk to girls ubblol

ubblol

Funnily enough, you're not too far off the mark! I'm fairly quiet in general, that's half the reason 4 my avatar...

I'm totally cool about my ex, by the end of it were flogging a dead horse anyway, and the split was totally amicable and mutual so it's all good smile I'm actually happy for her, and I'm good with being single too. It's just after that long it's hard not to miss that connection a little bit. It's more that connection and closeness than the actual person...

Still, i'm a total optimist, so nothing can keep me down for long. biggrin

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

Delete

CalvinKlown

CalvinKlown

Eunathist

Posted: Written by: Chrono333

There I was, perfectly happy, when my idiot housemate starts asking me about my last relationship.

I'm single. It sucks. I'm off to bed. (alone)

frown

Not that bad is it?
You should come round for comfort food again.
Big plate of pasta make everything alright. hug

Delete

Page: 1...2324252627...145