Page: ......
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
You can make that four couples...

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I know of only one person who is going to be happy I am single now, I can join his singles club at Spitz...hehehe

Was there a full moon or new moon on the weekend, everyone must have been going crazy.

Might have been something in the water.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
here in Edinburgh it's Beltane... the relationship carussel usually turns wildly then, there's 3 more couples I know about (which means all in all there's probably 25 or so...)

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
My single status has been the same for over a year now . . . I am just hoping my fortune will change soon . . . smile

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
What is Beltane? Excuse my ignorance....

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
It's the pagan beginning of summer thingy... there's a huge performance on a hill in Edinburgh, with about 350 people and 10000 watching.

It's also quite incestuous... lots of Beltane people go out with other Beltane people. Can be a bit confusing if you're new, because most in the groups are so close and tactile it takes a while to find out who's actually seeing who ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:

ahhh...I understand now.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Incest? Ew

I know I shouldnt be here but ide practicly moved in to this thread so it taking me a little bit to move back out, and I had to run back to give Birgit a hug hug..oops and medusa too, and anyone else who wants one

Toodles grouphug

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Sunbird

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Good morning people...

Is the coffee here still free.

My problem is not lack of interest but overabundance (oh shame!)

Believe me it's just as debilitating...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
no leads no nothing

frown back to singledom I go

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
*sigh* I didn't mind being single. Was quite enjoying it actually, going whereever I wanted doing whatever I wanted with whoever I wanted. Then started spending time with someone and we got close. Knew she lived with her boyfriend but havehad plenty of practice over the years at being 'just friends' so I just shrugged and got on with it. Then the texts and emails started and we were spending even more time together, then I worked out she might have feelings for me too and all sorts of defences started to come down, then we got caught out. Then she said nothing could ever happen between us. Now being single really sucks, especially at this time of night frown

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Juggling Jack FlashGOLD Member
Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
Being single aint so bad, by the way, hi, I'm Simon wave
I've been single for 3 years, and its good fun, then again, at 19, your not exactly looking for a full time relationship are you?

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
wave I've racked up about... ummm... 10 months of single-dom now. Wow, how time flies

I absolutely *HATED* it for months... but I quite like having the freedom to do whatever/whenever/whoever I want now. It grows on you...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
This will be my second week int he land of single and it still sucks....maybe due to not being over the person I was with...hhhm....that may have something to do with it...so when does the fun of being single kick in?

beccnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
when you go out with your friends and flirt with who ever you want, and without feeling guitly about it

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Hazzaaar! add me to the single list. Am not to miserable about it, I have had such silly boys for the last year that If I start to get down about single life, I just think of them and remind myself of how much happier I am when someone else isn't treating me like crap and making me feel aweful.
Yay for parties and best friends!

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Yum, being single is good. I met the most beautiful man in the entire world today, rendered me almost speechless. But when he asked me out, I was free to say , hey, sure!!!Lets play.

oh la la, what a man. Sooooooo looking forward to the party tomorrow night!

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Medusa

so when does the fun of being single kick in?

yeah, when does it kick in?

I've just properly broken up with Nucleopoi after being with her for about twenty months...

I feel like complete crap at the moment... This is exactly what I need when I have an exam in the morning... rolleyes

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
The best thing to do apparently is to take a break from the ex, to get over it a little bit then you can start enjoying yourself...now here is my problem.

I have become incredibly sick again and the only person who understand and can help me with this sickness is my ex, so he came over Monday night to take me to the hospital....

Then I thought that I would be able to have a break from him after that (now that I have my illness under control again for a little while) but he keeps ringing me, and last night turned up on my doorstep unannounced...I mean I like the guy and would love to stay friends...but it is making it so hard to stop being in love with him when I see him all the time....

I told him this and he has since said to me that my housemates are also his mates and feels that he should be allowed to drop by and see them, which is fair enough...I guess....

I don't know....argh! How can a person even start having fun as a single person when they just can't let go of the person they were with?

I have everyone telling me he is confused and that he still loves me cause he treats me like I am his girlfriend....which makes it harder still in my stupid little head!

Grrrr....right at this point in time singledom sucks....though I am sure it will get better once I get passed this confusion.

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
understand completely what you mean, medusa...

my ex and I were together 10 years, so there are still (after about 10 months apart) some things that I only feel comfortable talking about with her. we're still great friends and I hope and believe that we will continue to be

however... we've spent a lot of time without seeing much of each other lately (still have to see annie sometimes, as we have 4 children) and it really does help to "separate" yourself from any dependencies...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

RioneBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
singleness... *sigh*

Someone asked when the fun kicks in, and it got me thinking about it. My time is my own, which is nice. I can go where I want, when I want (within logic and reason... usually wink ).

But you know, sometimes you just miss the warm feeling you get from knowing someone else really cares about you. Someone who doesn't judge you when you act silly or ungraceful (someone who might even join in the silly ungraceful fun!). Someone who makes life better simply by being there.

Heh, idealistic stuff. At least, the last part. I could put that into a valentine's day card or something. Ugh. *shudders*

but the real fun of being single is knowing that you're open in case someone special comes along smile

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
YOU GUYS ARE SOOO SAD
(good point therione).
I've been single for about 4 - 5 years or so . The biggest thing is to learn how to be confortable with yourself before been with someone else .

Stop whineing about it and enjoy it !.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Puk

YOU GUYS ARE SOOO SAD

I think that's a bit harsh! I was quite happy by myself for the exact reason that I'd finally got comfortable with who I was. Then I met this girl before Christmas and when we were spending time together we had all the stuff that Therione was talking about, but now I don't see her anymore I miss her and how we were together. It's like grieving.

Being single doesn't really bother me, I've never been one for being with someone just for the sake of being in a couple, it's the not being with her that does as the only thing that's changed between the time I was happy on my own and now is knowing her.

I'm sure in time that I will enjoy being on my own again but right now I'm just trying to get on with things and get through it and if that means having a whine every now and then then so be it!

Medusa - It is possible to stay friends with your ex, I'm still friends with most of mine, but it can be very hard work, especially if one or both of you are still a bit confused about how you feel. Hope it all works out for you hug

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
personally I hate being single, I wish I could have been a more chilled out guy and I wish I could be with her still frown

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

artindorilmember
117 posts

Posted:
well I can't comment on this thread anymore, no longer single as of about 24 hours ago. So see u peeps, and hope you find what you're all looking for.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Damn it I miss Birgit. I am such an idiot. I love her to bits and I just had to go and press thelittle red self destruct button didn't I. I'm usleless.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
One for the system engineers

wink

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
figured I should post in this thread.
yep, I'm another single hopper, but I'm happy. Means I can meet some nice guys at venturer camps and not feel guilty, I can feel free to check out what's on offer, I can be myself without having to worry that it might affect my boyfriend, and yeah. Sure, it's nice having a boyfriend.. but Im not actively looking, Im young, im supposed to be having fun... and Ive also decided that this time around before I enter a relationship I'm going to be slightly fussier.. the last guy was the biggest moron Ive ever met

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Relationships are silly i think i'm just going to get a dog... well a bitch to be exact i think i'm done with all things male

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Page: ......