Page: ......
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PlugInClairey

someones angry! whats wrong brenn?? hug

Mmm..just being on the receiving end of someone initiating something with me which I found to be mutually agreeable...and then have it ripped away from me several days later.

i.e. "I'm sorry if I've lead you on but I shouldn't have done what I did the other day! Can we still be friends?"

Way to mindfrak me frown

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
that sucks dude frown

take comfort in BSG being on beerchug

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
hug kiss hug Brenn

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
fNi - Thanks, but there's no BSG on on the free-to-air channels in Aus. Maybe when my brother gets hold of some more... hug

blu_valley - thanks hon hug

I know this sort of thing happens the world over to most people, but it doesn't make it much easier to deal with, if at all.

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
hug for you, Brenn!!

Rant following! Not about anyone I'm actually interested in, just someone I USED to be interested in, and how it's annoying that some people can't talk straight!!

I just found out that a guy I'd had a little fling with last summer got engaged. To a girl that he first met in person a week before. When I last asked him about her about a month ago (as in: "I think you shouldn't be flirty with me anymore because she seems to be quite serious about you, so what's going on there?") he said "She wants me. But I don't know, she's cute but might be a bit clingy."

Now I'm not upset that he's engaged, good luck to them, just that he's been trying to keep me interested and told me outright lies about not being serious about her that much, even when I asked him outright. Thank God I'd decided he wasn't to be believed months ago, otherwise I'd not be a happy bunny today wink

The way he was definitely trying to keep me hanging on (maybe in case things weren't going to work out with his new lady in real life? no idea) is just pretty much disgusting. On top of the fact that I doubt she'd be impressed with him a. still flirting with other women (yup, plural) and b. calling her "cute but a bit clingy" and similar stuff a month before getting asked to marry him. Ah well.

Sometimes I just think the world would be a nicer place if people could be more open with each other.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
BSG?? whats that... *runs off to google*

ahh - so either "BattleStar Galactica" or "British Society of Gastroenterology" ubblol ill go with the first one.

awwwwwww hug to Brenn... the 'can we be friends' is increasingly replaces the more conventional 'no'... then again i shouldnt really comment as ive said that to people in the past.

well i have a quasi-date on Wednesday - one of those 'i dont really know you at all, am not convinced theres chemisty, but will at least meet up for a drink' type things. I shouldnt be pessimistic before it happens - but theres an increasing trend of 'well i do all these wierd and wonderful hobbies which i love, and meet really cool random people from all over the world' and 'well you work, go to the movies, and not much else.' type things, which is such a turn off to me. perhaps im being too picky? *le sigh*

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

Sometimes I just think the world would be a nicer place if people could be more open with each other.

I hear ya on that one! I totally agree, a lot of hurt and dissapointment could be avoided if people were open and straight up about what their situations were. I've been on the receiving end of enough mind games, and it always hurts, even if you're expecting it.

hugs for Birgit and Brenn! And anyone else who wants one! biggrin

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sambo_Flux

hugs for Birgit and Brenn! And anyone else who wants one! biggrin

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, more hugs!! Thank you ubbrollsmile hug

You're right... it's bad enough to be suspicious about someone who's supposed to be a friend and their intentions, but worse to have the thoughts confirmed!

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Hell yeah, that really sucks. I remember when I found out my ex was seeing a guy who was a good mate of mine. They both did their best to hide it, and it was me that eventually twigged what was going on. I was cool with it, cause I actually thought they were well suited, but what hurt was that they hid it from me like they thought I wouldn't be able to take it. Once it was out in the open, everyone just got on with it, rather than the horrible undercurrents of tension that would come out when we were all together.... hiding things is bad.

rolleyes

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

PlugInClaireyBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
aw that certainly sucks brenn, although on the bright side i guess its better to find out now than in a few months time. still doesnt make it any nicer tho!

*hugs and cookies for all*

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
I was part of a "secret" this summer. A friend of mine and his g/f split, the g/f having been someone I had a brief fling with several years ago. We got close again and whilst we weren't an item we hung out everyday and other "stuff" (If you get what I mean without spelling it out for you....).

Now, due to her being mates with MY ex (See how this is gonna get complicated?) who wasn't well pleased I'd finished with her a good while beforehand she didn't want it being public knowledge.

For 2 months I was keeping her happy by running round in secret thinking that her "not wanting to hurt anyone" was a legit excuse seeing that my ex warned her she'd have nothing to do with her if she came near me.

Suffice say, through many, many plot turns and twists and censored it came to light my ex hadn't warned her off and in fact she'd asked my ex BEFORE she split from her fella (My mate) if she could sleep with me to "see what it's like".

I fell for her and totally trusted her, something I've never done with anyone before. I'm only just beginning to pick myself up from it, some 9/10 months on. She dosn't speak to me anymore, I pulled away after she wanted to just be friends and I told her exactly what I knew, what I thought etc.

Meh. Brenn dude, I feel for ya. But better now than go for a couple of months of companionship, intimacy, chilling out, trusting etc. Having that ripped away will bring you to your knees and damn near destroy you. It nearly did me, and very well could still.

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Thanks for all of your words and hugs. It's muchly appreciated hug

Now that I've had some time to reflect on what happened and emotionally remove myself from the situation, I do believe that it may be an honest mistake, but it's something I need to discuss with her in person and see for myself. I will be speaking my mind though: too many times I have said nothing when something like this happened, for the sake of accceptance or not 'rocking the boat', but it's only made me more resentful and harder to recover when it has happened again and again. There is nothing wrong with voicing disapproval if it is constructive, I believe. And if I'm not allowed that, then it's clear where I want to be with this person (read: far away! ).

May your connections and encounters be more fortunate than mine hug

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
Awww Brenn hug

Love you hon!

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Aww... Love you too Tara smile hug xoxo

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
secrets ey, theyre rubbish!

hug

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

346 posts

Posted:
Secrets suck major hairy donkey bum.

Learnt my lesson - if someone can't even be casual with you and be open (Not so much blatant, but not wanting to hide things I mean) then they aren't worth it. Trust me, it'll only lead to pain, hurt, regrets, angst, rejection, self-loathing and all that negative stuff in the end.

People like that, until they grow up and realise that the world by-n-large dosn't give a monkies, aren't worth it. Better to sit back, wait and see if they come back.....

.... and I get the feeling I'll be waiting for mine for a long time. Here's hoping everyone else gets happy and loved up soon! Many hug's to all. X

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
hug to all, especially Brenn.

I'd tell you what I think of secrets but I promised I wouldn't wink

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

346 posts

Posted:
Ooooooooh, slaps are inbound Mr Monserat!

lol - You sarcastic bugger. biggrin

Fair play!

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Secret relationships are dangerous ground. My ex cheated on me then kept his relationship with the girl secret until they broke up. I wouldn't have cared that much had he told me the truth coz we weren't getting on too well anyway and wouldve broken up a few days after anyway. Having a secret relationship means lying to your friends and when it all comes out, thats what hurts people the most.

I'd like a nice, healthy, non-secret relationship about now smile

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

346 posts

Posted:
Me too.

Summat nice and happy, without all the local inbred drama-llamas commenting or gobbing off or being a bunch of interfering, manipulative, controlling duffers and bints.

As you may be able to tell, I still have a fair bit og resentment and anger locked away.

I'd also like crumpets and drink about now too ... and them I CAN do summat about ! MWAH!

PlugInClaireyBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
so many unhappy singles in this thread, we should set up a homeofpoi dating agency!!

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Secrets suck. I remember mid last year someone got with me, then a day later told me she had a boyfriend.

...then a week later she broke up with him and dropped the L word on me, followed by 3 months of stalking ubblol

That wasn't fun! ubbrollsmile

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
sheesh....thats pretty rubbish mate frown

all the best people are single

tongue

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:

so many unhappy singles in this thread, we should set up a homeofpoi dating agency!!

hehehe... I'd NEVER get involved in that. Imagine the splitups and people not talking to each other on HoP anymore and blaming you for setting them up in the first place ubblol Though it'd be definitely fun to be lurking in the HoP dating agency thread!!

(G.W. Dahlquist)

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:

well there were the auctions...and certain select intro threads *coughcoughpouncecough*

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
not to mention an entire thread dedicated the Strugz love life...

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Four years and counting...woo

frown

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
yeah, what happened with Strugz and the potential girlfriends?

Oh, and the lonely hearts columns!

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
This is all getting rather depressing. So, to perk things up:

FOOD FIGHT ROUND 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bounce bounce2

*orbital Skittle cannon countdown initiated.... muhhhahahaha*

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
AIYEEE! *pelts Sambo_Flux with lolly snakes* biggrin ubblol biggrin

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Page: ......