joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Well, the experiment was attempted. Have a look at Boardritz playing with the things in the picture gallery.

Simply wire together two metal hanging baskets, to form a sphere about the size of a football. Pack the space with old t-shirts, attach some handles, douse with about 2 litres of paraffin, and away you go. Silly Poi.

If you put these things down, the flames reach about head height. They will singe the hair from your arms and face without coming anywhere near you. They are too heavy to have any control over, and 2 days later I still can't raise my arms above my head. If you hit yourself, the rather hot metal grid (the heat coming off these things melted the solder from the fixings!) will print a neat "chargrilled" mark on your skin.

Have fun.

EDITED_BY: joe_sixsteps (1070286756)

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
i can say that they are insane, again i was the only other person to attempt to use these "things", i cant raise my arms at all. just make sure that u really love fire, and dont mind loosing clothing

I have a hole in my jeans and my tie that i was wearing as a belt is no more! oh well.... yeah there are a couple of pictures uploaded, but i didnt want to upload to many as they are really konsti's!! so well done konsti, fantastic picture taking skills, ur braver than me, cause u stood in front of them, whilst i was throwing them in your general direction.....

frodo
spank

passing through, this world still lives.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
The most insane poi I've ever seen...... eek

I think they outlasted about 6 other burns.....mighty poi....or mighty silly poi (you decide)

Snuggles

Barmy bammy
ubbloco

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
mighty silliness indeed biggrin

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
y'know most people get one of these, call it a fire ball and swing it round on its own on a loooong chain!!!

(lots of tricks available... and as you seem to already have two wink think of the synchro stuff you could be doing biggrin)

nice one guys ubblol

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:

*drools*

I want some ubblove

Those pics are really cool by the way.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
i must apolagise as i made an errorr in my earlier post, konsti had a spin too, so alas it wasnt just me and joe!! well done konsti!!!

spank

passing through, this world still lives.

untroddenwaysmember
14 posts

Posted:
Yes! That seems insane, but fun! rolleyes Hmm... might try that out!

//Dave