• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

KiwiBex

KiwiBex

Total posts: 69
Posted:Hey, I guess this is a bit of a random thing to post, but at the moment I am considering a move away from where I am living (Hertfordshire), not really sure where I am headed but definately somewhere in the UK/Ireland. From Nz and havent really checked out anywhere apart from London yet, looking for a bar or shop job or something similar, some funky people and a good time. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should go/rooms to rent etc??? confused

I said perhaps, and thats FINAL.

I love my length!

Delete Topic

Dom
BRONZE Member since Dec 2001

Dom

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3009
Posted:There's loads of places. As a random suggestion how about Bristol. It's a realy lovely place, a studenty city as well so lots of interesting things going on.

You could go up north (Edinburgh is cool) to get quite a different culture, but it's cold up there!

Delete

dj_goose

dj_goose

Sunburnt Bournda Beach Bum

Total posts: 157
Posted:Oh Oh Oh....... wave*goose come running in screaming* wave Edinburgh!!!! 740 pubs, thuosands of different types of beer, a festival that lasts a whole month, random back packers all over the place and miilions of ghost stories to entertain u as u walk home from teh pub (via the dodgey pizza joint on the Cowgate *ie name of place not acctual gate*) at 4 in the morning

yummmmmmmy... soooooooo many random adventures and cheap pizzas!!!!!

cheers beerchug

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:Bristol's great biggrin Haven't been since I was a teenager, but from what I've heard, the scene there just keeps growing and growing! peace

Southsea in Portsmouth is good. Used to spend nearly every night at friends' houses because there were so many bars, clubs, pubs, restaurants, house parties and gigs to go to ubbangel Plenty of accommodation about for reasonable prices, especially shared houses as most of the students live there, and lots of different people seem to live in Southsea in peace. There's a stony but long beach and as Portsmouth's a naval city, there's always somewhere to visit. You can get to Southampton, Bristol, Wales, Brighton and London by bus or train and sail to the Isle of Wight from Portsmouth (or France if you're into your duty-frees beerchug )

Good luck in your travels smile

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

bluecat

bluecat

geek, level 1

Total posts: 5300
Posted:i would recommend one of the following

vrighton
bristol
edinburgh
london

(edinburghs full of kiwis already wink)

R smile

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Delete

flid
BRONZE Member since Aug 2002

flid

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3136
Posted:i'll second brighton. Its a lovely place, and has a direct train to clapham smile

Delete

bluecat

bluecat

geek, level 1

Total posts: 5300
Posted:i think you'll find i was recommending V righton!

ubblol

lovely to not spot typos innit? ubblol

R smile

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Delete

Bird
GOLD Member since Aug 2003

Bird

now available in "advanced"

Total posts: 6086
Posted:You could always find your way to the bit of England that seems to be forgotten by the rest - Cornwall!

You couldn't ask for a nicer place to be, its quiet, picturesque(SP?) and (almost) everyone is friendly.

The only drawback is that it's about as far removed from civilisation as you can get!

But I love it!!!!

biggrin beerchug peace

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Delete

Glåss
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

Glåss

The Ministry of Manipulation

Total posts: 2523
Posted:Just out of curiosity kiwibex

Do you live far from Tring?? biggrin

EDITED_BY: Glss (1070227038)

Delete

dj_goose

dj_goose

Sunburnt Bournda Beach Bum

Total posts: 157
Posted:St Ives is lovely as well, beautiful little surfing village that sort of reminds me of home, and ppl are totally lovley, but the water is a little cold.

cheers beerchug

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

Delete