KiwiBexmember
69 posts

Posted:
Hey, I guess this is a bit of a random thing to post, but at the moment I am considering a move away from where I am living (Hertfordshire), not really sure where I am headed but definately somewhere in the UK/Ireland. From Nz and havent really checked out anywhere apart from London yet, looking for a bar or shop job or something similar, some funky people and a good time. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should go/rooms to rent etc??? confused

I said perhaps, and thats FINAL.

I love my length!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
There's loads of places. As a random suggestion how about Bristol. It's a realy lovely place, a studenty city as well so lots of interesting things going on.

You could go up north (Edinburgh is cool) to get quite a different culture, but it's cold up there!

dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
Oh Oh Oh....... wave*goose come running in screaming* wave Edinburgh!!!! 740 pubs, thuosands of different types of beer, a festival that lasts a whole month, random back packers all over the place and miilions of ghost stories to entertain u as u walk home from teh pub (via the dodgey pizza joint on the Cowgate *ie name of place not acctual gate*) at 4 in the morning

yummmmmmmy... soooooooo many random adventures and cheap pizzas!!!!!

cheers beerchug

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i would recommend one of the following

vrighton
bristol
edinburgh
london

(edinburghs full of kiwis already wink)

R smile

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i'll second brighton. Its a lovely place, and has a direct train to clapham smile

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i think you'll find i was recommending V righton!

ubblol

lovely to not spot typos innit? ubblol

R smile

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
You could always find your way to the bit of England that seems to be forgotten by the rest - Cornwall!

You couldn't ask for a nicer place to be, its quiet, picturesque(SP?) and (almost) everyone is friendly.

The only drawback is that it's about as far removed from civilisation as you can get!

But I love it!!!!

biggrin beerchug peace

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Just out of curiosity kiwibex

Do you live far from Tring?? biggrin
EDITED_BY: Glåss (1070227038)

dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
St Ives is lovely as well, beautiful little surfing village that sort of reminds me of home, and ppl are totally lovley, but the water is a little cold.

cheers beerchug

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!