Page:
MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Human meat?

The other meat thread got me thinkin... Am I the only one who would eat human meat if given the chance? Am I a bad person or crazy for not finding this thought sickening?

Ill even make it easier. The human died of natural causes and before dying consented to being cooked and eaten. You dont know and never met the person. The meat has been cooked and seasoned and smells good. You are hungry and the nearest McDonalds is 20 miles away. Do you eat it?

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:

No, I wouldn't.

But if the nearest source of food was 200 miles away and I didn't have any transport other than my legs, I'd seriously consider it.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

AchluophobiaBRONZE Member
Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
Well with all those conditions, I'd at least try it espically if it was there dying wish or something. Except I think McDonalds is gross.

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
No, but only for one reason - because I didn't know the person. If it was someone I knew, if I knew what they'd done in their life and knew how they felt and why they consented - then, yes.

There's too much Heinlein in my head for me to be willing to grok a stranger in their fullness.

E pluribus unum, baby.

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
:P
only if it had a nice gravy sauce to go with it... biggrin wink spank

much rather a roast human anyday to a macdonalds!
who knows, it might taste good! ubbcrying rolleyes

still gross tho! ubbrollsmile ubbloco

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i'd do it for a great deal of money smile (more than 500,000 pounds at least)

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
what about human placenta? Quite a few women cook and eat their's after giving birth

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
alright, you guys are probably gonna think i'm psycho, but if i was really hungry and i had no car, i would probably eat it. food's food and to me it doesn't really matter what it consists of as long as it tastes good and makes my stomach shut up biggrin

although if i had a car, i'd prefer going to McDonalds cuz i'm rather addicted to french fries and despite the fact that i'm none too fond of McDonalds, french fries are french fries... biggrin

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Well, for survival, yes. But other than that, hell no.

Although I hear it tastes a lot like pork.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
french fries

actually if you read the book mentioned in the other thread you'll know that they arn't. McDonalds had a big problem when they were forced to stop frying in beef tallow and use vegetable oil, because the taste wasn't the same. So although they are now potatoe cooked in vegetable oil, they also contain flavourings. Because they do not want companies to copy their flavourings and spend millions developing them, they don't give out any info about them. It is highly probable that their fries contain meat. Taken from the mcdonalds website:

https://www.mcdonalds.com/countries/usa/food/faq/index.html#i

Q: Are any of McDonald's foods considered vegetarian?

A:
McDonald's does not represent any of their foods as being vegetarian.

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
which is why i don't eat McDonalds unless i have a good reason. and if i was hungry enough, i'd probably eat their fries regardless of how sketchy they may be.
(long live BK!!!! biggrin)

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Throwing a hypothetical situation at myself..

A doctor says "Sorry NYC, there's no way we can reattatch your leg after your horrible accident BUT we can perserve it and offer you the meat from it to do with as you please.."

I might eat my leg. I dunno. Certainly for survivial, but maybe even just for kicks.

I think that eating someone else is way more disrespectful. Something about the fact that they are dead and have no control over their remains seems sacreligious.

Though I must admit, I'd have NO idea how to prepare it. Or even what it'd look like cooked.

I guess that'd be one of he cool things about having a clone. If you got hungry you could always just eat him. smile

ubbloco

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
maybe even just for kicks

oh the irony tongue

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i'd be happy for my remains to be allowed to decompose naturally so that other organisms can recycle all the components i am made from. i could be a good meal for lots of things. Cremation would just be a waste, of me and of fuel.

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
Quote:

A doctor says "Sorry NYC, there's no way we can reattatch your leg after your horrible accident BUT we can perserve it and offer you the meat from it to do with as you please.."

If that was me i would cook me and eat me.Hmmmmm? But that would bring up the Question of when i first tasted myself would i say"Damn,I taste sexy!"

That and i think if the person died of natual causes they would probably be old and tough and a little hard to chew. So if someone was killed in a rather clean manner and where about early to mid twenty's then yes i would eat them without an after thought.

Hey this is me and the way i think but i would not just go looking for some one to eat. just thougt i would make that clear.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

i'd be happy for my remains to be allowed to decompose naturally so that other organisms can recycle all the components i am made from. i could be a good meal for lots of things. Cremation would just be a waste, of me and of fuel.

-Mike

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Flid, from your web link that you provided, McDonald's French Fries have:

"Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef source), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil). TBHQ and citric acid added to help preserve freshness. Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an anti-foaming agent."

So, no, it is not vegetarian.

-Mike

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i wouldn't mind being a donor (organ only) with the rest of me left to decompose naturally in a suitable place. i wouldnt want to donate my body to science or anything.

what sort of reasons are there for your organs NOT to be used for donation? (reasons that disqualify your organs from use i mean)

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
I dont think i could be an organ donor with allthe pollutant's i have put in my body. that and the thought of my body not being completly intact when the burn my leathery carcas just doesn't sit well with me. biggrin

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
They can always use something from your body, even if it's your skin for skin grafts or parts of your eyes. Personally I am outright offended by people who site ideas like "it wouldn't feel quite right" or "that's gross" for not donating. If you have religious reasons fine I respect that, but those other reasons are horribly disgusting. You have no idea just how far a human body can go these days, and how much further that "distance" could increase any day as they are constantly comeing up with breakthroughs.

Id also like to see it legal for people who are about to die and have organs that can be transplanted to be able to have the transplants done while they are alive (effectivly killing them) so the recipient can get the freshest organs possible.

The whole plascenta wasteing thing is horrible, Some women cook it up and eat it and others feed it to their ducks. It's nice the stupid bitches value "That special moment" over one or more burn victims well being.

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
Well, this is not a topic I've really ever seen brought up in a conversation... But upon due consideration, I've decided, sure, I'd eat human meat. I mean, we (I'm talking about people in general here) certainly have no qualms about putting other odd foods and substances into our bodies. And anyway, meat's meat, innit?

And about the organ thing: I'm a donor. After I'm dead, I'm certainly not doing anything with my organs. I mean, I personally think it's a little selfish to go, "No, I still want them when I'm dead. Even though I won't be needing them, I still want them,". Unless it goes against your religion or beliefs, in which case, of course I'm not opposed.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

what sort of reasons are there for your organs NOT to be used for donation? (reasons that disqualify your organs from use i mean)

Suppose you died of some massive trauma and an organ was damaged. Or suppose you had something wrong with the organ (i.e. suppose you had kidney failure...wouldn't do to transplant someone with your kidneys).

Also, if you are HIV+ or HepC+, you would be disqualified to donate for transplant (or for anything, for that matter, other than maybe research).

-Mike

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Id also like to see it legal for people who are about to die and have organs that can be transplanted to be able to have the transplants done while they are alive (effectivly killing them) so the recipient can get the freshest organs possible.

Actually, that's what we do now. Your heart must be beating at the time of harvest or it's no go.

-Mike

Arakrysmember
34 posts

Posted:
"...like pork."

Pork? Hell no. More like chicken.
I stay away from the fat, liver & kidney though, they give me a headache.

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
I'd rather eat mystery meat and then find out later what it was... and i wouldn't be angry either.. i'd just rather not know while eating it.. and then think it was cool afterwards.

I enter all of my schools food eating competitions, i got secondplace lastyear. Ontop of eating a buffet of "gross" food (and i use that word lightly because it enjoyed half of the stuff) we had to finish it off with half of a cows tounge. That's probibly the worst i've eaten, well.. besides the Pigs heart that was before it. But yes, i would consider eating the human meat. We've all chewed skin off of a blister, or the inside of our cheek, or bitten our nails... it's all the same.. only cooked.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Some people have religious beliefs that preclude use of their bodies after death.

Others may disagree with the whole idea of organ transplants and so refuse to donate on the grounds that they don't want to support it.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
mmm...shades of soylent green.....

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Ill even make it easier. The human died of natural causes and before dying consented to being cooked and eaten. You dont know and never met the person. The meat has been cooked and seasoned and smells good. You are hungry and the nearest McDonalds is 20 miles away. Do you eat it?

under those conditions, no.

But I would eat human meat if I was stranded like in the movie "Alive". Personally, I don't know why they waited 9 days to start eating the dead people.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i think i'd wait a few days too if i was in that situation smile

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I would only consider eating human meat if the person was already dead, marooned in a random place with no food or sign of being rescued within 3 weeks, and someone else cooked and prepared the food.

As for Mc Donalds - yuck wouldn't eat in there if you paid me a million pounds... (ok maybe i would consider it rolleyes )

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

StebbinsBRONZE Member
10th degree spoon weilder
171 posts

Posted:
Quote:

under those conditions, no.

But I would eat human meat if I was stranded like in the movie "Alive". Personally, I don't know why they waited 9 days to start eating the dead people.

Man, if we were stranded I would eat each and every last one of you.

-Beeaaatch please, I'm the macaroni with the cheese.
-This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

Page: