Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
Hi people!!!! wave
Just a quick post, i have been trying to learn buzzsaw - just wanted to check that the chains arn't ment to cross??? if this is true then i've got it!!!! wink
also how short do you have your chains???

anyway hope you all ok
happy spinning x x x

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Yep, you got it...

Fairly short chains work best, otherwise the whole burn your nose thing comes into play

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
mine are about 3/4 my arm length.. but that's way shorter then they need to be..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
My poi barely touch the ground when I stand normally and hang my arms straight down. When I do Buzzsaw, I wrap the handles up to my chains to where the beginning of the chain is and hold the chain. There should be a picture of it up soon in my gallery, I just posted it.

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
buzzsaws are fun smile I hadn't puch much stock in this move until I started playing around with rotating it, its a fun little move ubbrollsmile

Zyanya BellaBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
my buzzsaw is driving me batty. I can't get my planes straight for anything. the harder I try the worse they look. argh...

Always Beautiful

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
practice with really light poi to get your buzzsaw planes down tight. It is harder with light poi and the adjustments more subtle, so once you begin to get it with those, you'll have it nailed with heavier ones.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
vanize, is this the move where you nearly burn your beard?

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
what do you mean "nearly"? It's also how I trim my nose hairs!

-v-

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
*snicker* Just making sure I was on the same page.

Vanize is right...to get your planes under control, lighter poi help, along with a LOT of practice. Another thing to consider is slowing down. It's harder to control your planes at slower speeds, but it can help you get that added finesse.

He can vouch that it took me the better part of half a year before I had what I'd consider a half way decent buzzsaw.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Should have seen Dentrassi neck burn..owwwie

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

will_ukBRONZE Member
83 posts

Posted:
I think two things which help this move are:

1) keep a really tight grip on the chains with your fingers. this gives you control.

2) practise to music and it will help the timing. Once the timing is ok it becomes easier to move about the different planes.

enjoy!

will

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
I have different buzzsaw question.

I adore buzzsaws, love playing with them, all about the kneeling and the backbends and the twirling in circles with horizontal ones...

But my [male] friend thinks they're boring. He says they really only look good if the spinner has breasts.

What do you think? Do guy look cool doing buzzsaws too, or not?

I think they do. And I think breasts are a hindrance, because before I figured out precisely how long I needed to handwrap first, I kept hitting mine while trying to buzzsaw. rolleyes But now it all works out.

Right. Point being. Opinions on guys doing buzzsaws?

E pluribus unum, baby.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
OK, NOW I'M OFFENDED!

All I've been doing for the last 3 months is working on my buzzsaws! Every time I see you I'm doing buzzsaws! There was a big old conversation the last time we were at Wonderland about guys and buzzsaws.

What the hell are you talking about?! You are on crack. I hate you forever. tongue

Oh, and as for guys and buzzsaws... I used to think they were girly, but that's because I only ever saw Danae do them, who looks downright sexy when she does them... But then I saw a guy in France do them in kind of a raver style and they looked cool.

In short, I don't think *I* look cool doing them as a guy... yet... but they can be done well by guys. If I can flow a bit more with them, I think I'll have it... biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
You can't hate me, cuz I said I think guys do look cool doing buzzsaws. It's not a crime to be curious as to what other people think. Hate Andrew, he's the one who said only girls look good doing buzzsaws. tongue

E pluribus unum, baby.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Actually, one of my biggest appluase producing moves is a buzzsaw done while doing a deep back-bend. I can do the same back-bend doing the weave or thread the needle or whatever, but crowds get much more excited about the buzzsaw version.

-v-

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
probably shouldn't post this here but can anyone tell me what a tangled buzzsaw is?and how it looks? ubbangel please.

peaceTennis peace

My cat's breath smells like catfood

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
a tangled buzzsaw is an inner weave hyperloop, where you hold your arms out infront of you parallel and the chains link with one another in the middle, half way down each chain, and spin at 90 degrees in a buzzsaw motion on their own momentum. It looks totally awesome, and it's my favourite move smile

I think buzzsaw looks great whatever sex you are, it always gets a cheer and you really have to ask yourself just quite how shallow someone is who only watching someone spin becauuse they want to shag them. That said, breasts are good, and buzzsaw does light them up, so from a shallow hetrosexual male point of view, women spinning buzzsaw is much much better. wave

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
man.. buzzsaws are one of my move- o- the months..

they aren't just for girls.. one of the coolest thing that ilike to do it a buzzsaw up and down a corkscrew.. sincethe corkscrew is even beat, you can effectively go up and come back down without ever leaving the buzzsaw, and that's just fun..

not to mentiuon BTB buzzsaws... and hyperloopsing buzzsaws.. and hyperlooping BTB buzsaws..

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
i will have to ask you to divulge into this a little more for me mr flid (or anyone else) cos hyperloops have been my flavour of the month recently and i'm just discovering where and when you can do them. And i always feel my little 'repotoire' of buzzsaw 'moves is fairly limited and sh*tty. could you please go into the buzzsaw hyperloop a little and possibly explain what a 'inner weave' is. I'm sure i know it but maybe by another name.

Thanks wink

Tennis

My cat's breath smells like catfood

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
I'm not flid, but if you want to know how to do a hyperloop buzzsaw, all you really need to know is the hyperloop.. when you do the normal hyperloop your chains connect on one side, let's say the right.. it tangles on the outsiode of your arms and then utanlges on the outside on the left.. well to get the buzzsaw, just move your left hand over, so that the poi go from outside right (where they tangle) to the left side of your body but between the armsand then it will come out the other side on its own..

wehn going from left to right jsut move the right hand over as it comes across, from the left side..

after that you can practice with it, and learn how to make it move through any way you want it to..

The only trick to it is keeping the right momentum..

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Here'a a good exercise to refine your buzzsaw technique

Hold a piece of short string at both ends. With the string held tight, hold it in front of you so that it points straight up. Now rotate it like tuning bike pedals so that it always moves around it's centre point and doesn't "wobble" out of line. It should always be pointing either straight up and down or forward/ backwards. It looks a little like your hands are moving up and down on both sides of a piece of glass. From side on it should look like both hands are drawing perfect circles. Keep doing this action until you fall asleep. Wake up and hold your poi at a length were they wont hit your nose and concentrate on doing that action. Keep thinking about your hands and your poi will take care of themselves.

My pic is up on my gallery now that it works. You see my yellow handles wrapped around my hand to shorten, and that I like my buzzsaw as large as poss.

Fire buzzsaw recommendation. Don't do it as a starting move as unburned fuel will hit your face which is bad.

Please can now start calling it the wheel? Buzzsaw is so american and the wheel is universal.

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Nope, it will stay buzzsaw. Hyperloop wheel just sounds too akward. Plus, Americans kick ass.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
funnily enough i've never heard it being called the wheel in uk, france, finland, denmark(at ejc) or NZ.
its alleays been buzzsaw(or, 'that chick move they do to make it look sexy spank')

australian universality? wink

hehe
R ubbangel

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Nono There are wheels everywhere and buzzsaws in the US only (or people who love to use American words and phrases). I guess I just felt that noone here knows what I meen when I say buzzsaw as it's known as a wheel. If you didn't have to re-train your friends to call it another name it would make sense. My girlfriend's sister still insists on calling "Chasing the Sun" by her name of "Catching the Bear" and "Throwing the Bear"
Before anyone hurts me, please look in poi lessons.

And ICoN,
Quote:

Please can now start calling it the wheel? Buzzsaw is so american and the wheel is universal.

point to where I said Hyperloop there and I'll give you a biscuit (not a cookie)

Back to the buzzsaw, was my description so crap that everyones more confused now?
Here's a move I've managed to pull off only once.
From a normal Buzzsaw lay down on the ground flat. With the top of your head on the ground, arch your body upwards and walk your feet backwards towards your head making yourself very bent into nearly a circle. Then leaning over your feet by "rolling" your weight onto your legs, stand up, while keeping the buzzsaw going the whole time. Looks cool yet painful.

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
he he he

Didnt manage to read all the messages but buzzsaw is one of the moves I really enjoy tyhrowing into a set.

Here is a piccy of of what I know as 'Burn the Nose - Breathe' and is basically a firebreathe from buzzsaw, quite spectacular looking and very enjoyable to preform but also be warned it is extremely good at removing body hair if done incorrectly!!

https://wood2.woodyland.org/pictures/part...f1114-1-0.shtml

Mark P

PS Merry Xmas to evereyone especially to those I know and havent seen for ages ubbcrying hug beerchug

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Audax,

You didnt say anything about hyperloops but youre saying you want everyone to use "wheel" as the common term. If you did that, you would have to change hyperloop buzzsaw as well.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
You need to know that I'm not serious about changing the name, but trying to point out that if you named the move from scratch, wheel would be better because uh, it LOOKS like a wheel, and buzzsaw is stupid. Though possibly not as stupid as the fountain.
Or maybe all of us in WA aren't doing the buzzsaw after all, Do you guys make power tool noises while buzzsawing? tongue weavesmiley ubblol spank

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

mosesmember
30 posts

Posted:
with the length i have my strings (i'm not comfortable with them longer or shorter), i can't do a buzzsaw...i hit my chin every time..oh well

..::Spiral Out:Keep Going::..

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mark P

https://wood2.woodyland.org/pictures/part...f1114-1-0.shtml

That pic is insane!!
Written by: moses

with the length i have my strings (i'm not comfortable with them longer or shorter), i can't do a buzzsaw...i hit my chin every time..oh well

Evolution.. failure to adapt... or wrap at the very least..

Woo for reviving old threads to give respect to insane posts!

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau