gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Yo Yo waz up people, hope yall ok. Anyway going off the subject that is all dear to our hearts (hope I don't offend anyone here ha ha grin) was wondering if anyone has any advise on how one would start to learn contact juggling. Hints on ball size etc would be great, also anyone know any websites on the subject because I CAN'T FIND ANY shocked. Thought this might be a good place to ask seeing as the poiing and juggling scenes go hand in hand and some of you guys probably do it anyway.As ever I hope to hear from all of you very soon smile.cheers guyspeace outgarbo tongue[This message has been edited by garbo (edited 02 February 2001).]

be excellent to each other: safe:

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
try: www.contactjuggling.organd then get an acrylic ball from renegade juggling. i just started and i suck and im getting my knuckles all banged up but there you go. maybe someday i'll get it. and if you watch the michael moschen video not only does he do contact juggling but also fire twirling with clubs (although not particularly impressively but i digress)hope thats helpful,Peregrine

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
contact juggling?i've never heard of that before. what exactly is it?Hapes-Nova, glowsticker, glowstringer

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
garbo there is an earlier thread on contact-juggling with a really cool site with nice clips of a big number of different moves - search the bb and if you don't find the thread let me know because it might not be under contact juggling...happy swinging,Simos

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
its contact jugling like with 3 balls, or are they clubs, or something? cause i have seen flaming juggling balls, and another site for tricks for balls, but whats contact juggling? if u give me some ideas, i might be able to search the net and help ya find something

Charlymember
68 posts

Posted:
well, the three jugglers I've talked to about contact juggling have advised spending some time on LSD in order to learn it. in fact, that's how they taught themselves.I'm not advocating drug use by any means, just sharing what I've been told by a few very talented jugglers.I guess us non-drug-using-people will have to just practice rolling balls around on our hands until we figure it out. sure is cool to watch, huh? some of my favorite contact juggling was in Labyrinth - David Bowie's character contact juggles a crystal ball (not really his arm - it's another guy's arm).Charly------------------www.cabiri.org

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
yeah i remember that part in the Labyrinth, it was pretty cool. i tried figuring out how to do that. its pretty hard. i never quite got it. looks awesome if you can do it though. The movie in general was kinda weird. the first time i saw it was like 10 years ago, and i remembered it being really good, but then i watched it again a couple years ago, and it just seemed odd and silly. that part of it was cool though.Hapes-Nova, guy with the hand tricks