stevi beeBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
Hello!

This is a shout out to any spinners in the UK or IRELAND who are interested in paid gigs.Please send me a pic of you in action and tell me a little about yourself and any questions, and I will add you to our list and give you a shout if we get a gig in your area

FIREFLY DANCERS weavesmiley

fireflydancers@hotmail.com
peace
Cheers, Stevi X

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
my only pics are in the HoP gallery for Lesbian Lover, and i nedd the cash!!!!!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
what are your health and safty requirments? before any one should reply to a post like this then there needs to be more info posted.

Its not just about slinging some one a gig, there needs to be some sort liabilities here, are you an employer? do you have insurance, do you offer performers with insurance, are you a company in the performing arts? do you have some where i can see your credentials? your client lists? past events?.

Im just curious as all you have offered for me to do is send you an email, i'd rather see what i am looking at before hand.

Id rather not give out my details in this way both in a professional state or personal.

1,079 posts

Posted:
dude this isnt the US, im not gonna go sue anyone at a moments notice.

im of the opinion that if i get bnurnt its cuz i didnt practice enuf. it MY fault for playing with fire in the first place. There was no pressure for me to do it

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i dont get you??

you should be insured if you are performing and getting paid for it... simple guidlines that should be met by all performers and generally asked for by any one that is hiring a performance artists.

would like like to burn down a club and not be covered for the sake of £100 a year for fire insurance?. I know i wouldnt.

Its got nothing to do with being the USA, its the same the world over,, we have to promote safety and education and professionalism in what we do if were getting paid for it.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Originally posted by Dyke Boy
dude this isnt the US, im not gonna go sue anyone at a moments notice.

YOU may not be the one sue-ing, PK's right, if I was in the UK, I'd want to see past records of these group before I sent personal and business information... ubbrollsmile

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
im with pk, i would want more info, before agreeing to go and spin, i told Stevi, that i would go up and take a look and pos sdo a spin if they neded me, but i would want lots of info before i went either by e-mail or in convo over the phone! i may look thick, but i like to be safe!

its not just burning your slef, i dont mind that, thats why i go to pips and spin at home etc, but its also if something goes wrong and someone else gets hurt, then you are introuble!

Step (el-nombrie)

1,079 posts

Posted:
no no no 4 for sure i have my own fire insurance, rolleyes
but in any case im pretty positive the apprpriate info will be emailed

what im saying is most people in this county arent the kind who would sue if a hair got singed (yes i no worse could happen...)
burning down the house is another story... besides it wud be a fantastic way to finish the show biggrin

D.B.
X x X x X

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Quote:

what im saying is most people in this county arent the kind who would sue if a hair got singed (yes i no worse could happen...)
burning down the house is another story... besides it wud be a fantastic way to finish the show biggrin

Believe me its most certainly not a laughing matter, at the end of the day some of here have done and still do this in a professional manner, the likes of an arrogant post like yours above puts us all to shame, i persoanlly and professionally wouldn't from what you have written give / approach and certainly not employ you in a social or proffessional manner.

I find it truly disgusting that you find it a luaghing matter and that i have actually seen it happen to a performer here in the UK and he got his just deserves.
Though you may be joking this is not the way to go around talking and making jokes on such matters about getting PAID for twirling and on a thread that some one has asked for people to enquire to s/he for work.

I only replied in the manner that i did as i was interested in any other information and to give advice to any one that wants to get into performing in any aspect, i have good knowledge of the industry and what can go wrong in many different ways, though having decided to take leave of performing to concentrate on other personal things that are going on in my life right now that doesn't mean that i am not interested in the industry, i have covered many different aspects of performing and not just in twirling, and i mostly would like to advise people and share my knowledge and past experiences.

Dont take me wrong i value you as a member of the hop community but for the professionals of us here, i dislike your approach to this topic. So please do not take any offense to me i dont like having enemies.

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
Quote:

So please do not take any offense to me i dont like having enemies.

lol - its a risk you run when you speak your mind biggrin

Mark ManganMarcusMyAlias
5 posts

Posted:
Well if there are any Irish twirlers out there, please get in touch with me. I'm trying to start a sort of casual group that meets up the odd time to practice together, the idea being that people can show each other moves etc. Plus practicing in a group makes you look less insane. smile

MarcusMyAlias@gmail.com

Thanks,

Mark

Try not to hit yourself in the nuts