CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Just received the link from a friend here about ... pen spinning...all right so it is not *that* amazing, but for those like me who have fallen in love with contact juggling it is nice...plus if you're stuck in a meeting with nothing to do really, it keeps you buisy ... and awake winkhttps://www.geocities.com/pentix2000/index.html shine onCassandra (eagerly awaiting to finally be on Xmas vacation)

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Blackfiremember
15 posts

Posted:
That's cool! Now I can spin something in those boring school lessons.Haven't thougth that there exist any special technique to spin pens.Thanks

Blackfire

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
I tried to go to that URL and it doesn't work... Too bad, I have been spinning my pen at school and in meetings since 1995... smileNomad

4,224 posts

Posted:
Nomad, that's weird cause it works for me ...but you probably are a pen spinning master allready ... gee 1995... i wasn't yet born to the world of spinning at that time winkshine onCassandra

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
id just like to say fire pen smile

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I'm with Nomad. I've been spinning pens/small utensils since I saw "Iceman" (Val Kilmer)do it in the movie "TOP GUN".YUM!Nice finger work out too! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Cool! Now I can spin something in those boring school lessons. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Hey guys...1st post in a while. Hope it finds every one well.I am proud to say that i am a pen spinning veteran. Shows how much i got done in school. Never new there were names to them.I actually learned what they called the sonic spin before the 360 thumb spin.You can do two of the sonics in one continuous motion starting with the pen between you pinkie finger and your ring finger. Spinning it up once, then continuing the motion till it is between your midle finger and index finger.Or you can start at the bottom and spin it all the way to the top.my god, theres a website for anything now-a-days.backwards rotating blinded velro fish tossingLESSON #1: the "between the legs upsy-daisey" grinSuper'

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
lol, i've been pen spinning ever since i was a little youngin going to school... never thought they would make a site of it heh.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
coins toogood sitehttps://members.iweb.net.au/~kith/juggling/Micro/micro.htm

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
NYC, you are taking the lessons, surely it wouldn't be boring, having YOU taking a chem class. wink------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

4,224 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link
YAY Superman's back , Superman's back smile::hugging her buddy Superman ::missed you, bro smileshine oncassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 18 December 2001).]

kammember
3 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone,Thanks to Cassandra's post, my site have received many visits yesterday.I decided to find out where all the hits came from (I looked up at my site stats), and here I am...To be honest, I didn't know what a Poi was until I came across this site...but Fire Twirling, that's really cool!I like to do things that look cool and are related to your hand skills (I also do some juggling and magic)...so I think I might start learning how to swing a Poi (hehe...Fire sounds a little too dangerous to me).Thanks again for all the visits and I hope you guys enjoyed the site (as I enjoyed this site)...PS: I'm sorry that my site was down for some time, but I use a free web host and it has a limited amount of traffic per hour...------------------KAM - just another pen spinner...and creator of Pentix -The Art of Pen Spinning [This message has been edited by kam (edited 19 December 2001).]

KAM - just another pen spinner...

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Why not learn how to swing 2 kam - it makes it that much more interesting! wink Just kidding, it is great to see someone totally new to the field.Been unable to check the site yet, seems that the Hoppers have a bit of clout eh? Denial of service and all grin

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Auger282member
81 posts

Posted:
EDITED_BY: Auger282 (1429498246)

Wrenmember
33 posts

Posted:
Yar, Auger, I agree. I think I know of something that might work, but I can't think of it right now *hopes no one thinks he's crazy* I'll contact my sources, and hopefully we'll have some way I can waste my hours at work twirling my pen!-Wren

-WrenAnd that, my friends, is condensed evil.

kammember
3 posts

Posted:
Thanks for everyone's support smileI want everybody to be able to view my site, but due to my current employment situation (I work part-time in a restaurant that pays minimum wage), I can't afford to get a good hosting service.I'm still trying to find a good web host that it's good and "cheap". So far, no luck yet...As a temporary solution, I created a mirror of my site at ProHosting.com (another free service). There's doesn't seem to be a bandwidth limit there, but I'm not sure about that...The url is wind.prohosting.com/kamykaze And Wren, whatever your idea is...I really apreciate it. Anything helps...PS: I hope nobody here finds me "crazy" for creating a site on pen spinning. It's just that there are so many sites on juggling and magic, that I decided I would create something more original smile------------------KAM - just another pen spinner...and creator of Pentix -The Art of Pen Spinning

Wrenmember
33 posts

Posted:
Alright, folksI remembered what I was talking about and there is some progress being made (I know you're all _very_ interested in this) so hopefully Kam will have a good host in a little while and I can spin pens. Adios!-Wren

Wrenmember
33 posts

Posted:
Ok, there was a reason for the preceding post, I just didn't remember to include it in the message.KAM, if you didn't get the email (I think I sent one), send me one at wrenhopper@hotmail.comAdios!-Wren

kammember
3 posts

Posted:
Thanks to everyone... especially Wren, who introduced me to someone who was willing to host my site.Now the new address for "Pentix - The Art of Pen Spinning" is pentix.modenstudios.com , which is hosted by Moden Studios.Please check the new site as it should not be giving error messages anymore smile------------------KAM - just another pen spinner...and creator of Pentix -The Art of Pen Spinning