PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
So, recently I have delved into my least favorite thing of all, agents. Since my Jan show got cancelled I decided to seek out as many agents as I could to work for me and see what would happen. Let's keep in mind that fire is not common in this area at all. I have nearly busted my britches laughing at them all. First I get a slew of "You do what? We can't represent that!" answers which, now that they have seen my promo stuff and my site, has since changed to "Hey, we need you!" pleas. THEN there is the over the net mystery agent. He has booked me legitamate gigs, but can only be reached through email. Strange aye? But hey, pays the bills. Now we are onto to the meeting I had today....Oh my god!!!!!This man showed up looking like King Thug from the LA Riots in this beat up astro van. He didn't want to go into the restaraunt, just handle it all in the parking lot. So he looks at my promo packet....10 times....going "What do you do to keep from burning? No really, what's yer special sauce, fuel or whatever? What is the fire proof fabric your clothes are made out of?" I answered him honestly every time, he just wouldn't believe me. Then he goes "You aren't one of the freaky, Satanic, witch worshipping people are you?" I nearly peed my pants laughing! My reply "Freaky, yes, you are holding the proof. Satanic, never and I don't worship witches because I don't believe in narcissism." It went over his head. wink Anyway, then he asks me what my husband thought of this all, and suddenly I found myself saying I was married to the most supportive, wonderful man in the world!THEN he asks if this is profittable for me. Well...DUH! Next came my favorite, "Do you do this in a mature, sexy kind of way, cause some of my clients won't like that but others will." Ahhh, no. Then he hands me this paper about a gig and his version of a resume (really a falling apart folder of flyers from things he produced dating back three years)...they are almost all extremely religious events in the black community in that city (for those who aren't aware, I am extremely Pagan). I never tried spinning to revival gospel. I think I may have to give it a go now! I told Prometheus that I will do this one gig with this guy since he has already essentially booked me, but after that I think he wigs me out far too much! Oh! And, in order to represent me he wanted me to ***pay him*** $25 *upfront*. I told him no way, he can take his fee out of the end pay, just like every other agent. Anyway, this man had me laughing all the way home. It wasn't a useless meeting, I got one gig and was able to fuel up at the cheap gas station!I just had to share!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, sounds like he could have his own TV show.kinda like series of Jerry McGuire (spelling).So you ended up getting paid for the gig? That's my first reaction when I meet dodgy looking people (so sue me, I use first impressions just like everyone else).And what's your website, Pele? I think i should know this (looks emabrrased).------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Bottom of my tagline Charles!! Sheesh...put something right under a person's nose and they always seem to miss it! rolleyeshttps://www.pyromorph.comMind you, it is the revision process, again...so be nice! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 14 December 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Oh...THAT website...I was looking for that 'other' one. grin grin grin grin------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?