PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Ugh...I am soooooo bored.Today in a completely unspinning related accident I managed to rip one of my fingernails completely off, right down to the cuticle. I have tried spinning but the massive amount of gauze and bandage is really preventing me from doing much. I can't spin poi, the bandage messes up my grip on them, fans, etc.....Can't catch a staff (it's on my right hand, and I am primarily right handed) with it either. I can't sew well with it. It is taking me for blessed ever to type now and pencil writing isn't much easier!AND why is it that I don't get injured while spinning but when I get hurt otherwise it has to effect my spinning??????WAH! (yes, Pele is whining.) The throbbing pain feels kind of neat really (I've given birth without anesthetic, this is nothing!) but I am going out of my mind with boredom. 300 television channels and not a damn thing on! However, I did do some of my wrap releases and am getting those pretty well. I am looking at this from the perspective that tomorrow during rehearsal time my left arm will get quite the workout! grin Maybe I won't have to write I'm with stupid on my right hand with an arrow pointing to my left anymore! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
poor Pele... pain does suck a whole lot, especially when its not by choice.you know what I'm gonna say? get your hands on a staff and do some work with your good hand smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I think you should drive down to the city and make me some chocolate brownies. That'll pass the time. tongue

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
When I tore a tendon in my arm it stopped me staffing for ages and that nearly sent me insane - although I ignored the doctors for the first week and continued practicing as normal - if a little slower and lot more clumsily.But part of the recovery process was to exercise my wrist by rotating my hand and passing an object through my fingers. I just started doing fingerspins with one of my lighter staffs and some gentle Fig 8's grin so it's all good.Today I hurt my elbow whilst doing....erm...poi *tries to hide the fact that he said that word by coughing*....ahem. And now it's painful to straighten my arm. I always said poi was evil but you all laughed..... ------------------C@ntusDance the dance that plays within the fire and play guitar and the play it inspired. You said you wouldn't leave me not ever, underneath the sky forever.And we're so far from home, no wish to return. there's so much that we have taught and so much we have learned.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 13 December 2001).]

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oops forgot to saySorry about your injury P. It sucks when something so trivial stops you doing everyday things.

Meh

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Non-circus-art-injury enforced boredom, the most horrible fate imaginenable.I really feel for you Pele, I know how hard it is not to go stir-crazy.It may help to take you mind off things, so heres a true story about me.Along time ago in a New Zealand far far away...I opened a window on a stormy day and the wind blew it shut again on the very tip of my ring finger. IT CLOSED.I had to open the latch again to get my finger out.A bit later on, when after the x-rays had been done, and a hole drilled into my fingernail to relieve some of the pressure. The doctor told me I had pulverized the tip of the bone into hundreds of little pieces, and I wouldn't be able to use that hand or finger without pain for weeks and weeks if not months and months.So, me being the incredibly smart person I am, the next week, I was unicycling along the footpath with my finger all wrapped up and still throbbing when I came off crossing a small side street.Immediately worried about putting finger on the ground by mistake, I forgot how to fall temporarily, rolled my big toe under my foot and put all of my weight on it.SCRUNCH!!!!!And I smashed up my big toe on the other side of my body.So, that night, I was sitting at home with my crutches, barely able to move, walk, run jump or anything else, with a dull painful throb in big toe and no-one but myself to blame. And my hand still hurt and i couldn't use a fork or spoonnor juggle or do firestaff and...and...and...And I went crazy for a month or two!!!!I don't think I've ever quite gotten over that brief period of my life...I hope this makes you laugh enough to get through your current injury... wink------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Maybe it was a message from some higher power telling you to get a bike with more wheels.....Lucky for you you have that selective attention thing.

Meh

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear Pele, I know what it is like to be outa action...have had some good crashes off my mtbike that have put me outa action...and I go stir crazy!!!! Broken collar bones a couple of times now...cant do anything without it hurting!!You know it was a good accident when you have to take the bed sheets to the shower the next morning to get them unstuck (oOOOOooouch!!)------------------fe fi foo fun

fe fi foo fun

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Ooh, ouch. Sorry to hear this Pele. Maybe you should start practicing baton with your left hand.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy