LUCIAN POIERmember
12 posts

Posted:
Whats your anti-drug?

It's a burning faya

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Incest. And eating babies.Haha, no just kidding. My anti-drug is definitely marijuana.-prote

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
*Wipes tears from eyes*Prote, That's the funniest shit I've ever heard....Lucian, this is one of the topics that has been adressed in the past and turned into a shouting match between HOP'ers. The veterans will tell you to do a search, I suppose I shall follow suit and say the same.My anti-drug is accute Nymphomania. grin

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

SabineGOLD Member
29 posts

Posted:
N8,you sure that last line shouldn't read "a cute nymphomaniac"?Sabine

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Anti-drug?

Meh

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Yeah, it should defiantely read "a cute nymphomaniac" good call Sabine

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
please explain the concept of an anti-drug. If you mean what drug to we hate most, then I guess I'd have to say poi. winkSmack is pretty dirty too.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
If that is what you mean by anti-drug, then i am wholeheartedly with Flash on both counts.

Meh

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Cantus, and every one else who lives outside the U.S."What's your anti drug?" comes from these bloody annoying public service commercials dipicting young kids who draw, play sports, and write music to keep themselves from doing drugs. Yeah, like you can't play music and do drugs at the same time, that's never happend before rolleyesAnd you should see the anti-cigarette comercials. **gaging noise** Maybe if the warnings on the packs were less criptic, and more like the ones in the U.K. that state more simply "Smoking makes you die" and "These fuckers kill you", we here in the US of A wouldn't have to put up with all this annoying BS. rolleyes Anyhoo, My "anti drug"? Pyroeroticism, and Jim Beam with a lager back.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 18 December 2001).]

Jesus helps me trick people.

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
yeah, more warnings on tabbacco.

redragonxmember
73 posts

Posted:
my anti-drug is beating myself over the head with my poi. and then smokin some pot to relive the pain. rolleyes

~A Soft Rubber Bodybuilding Smurf~

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Woa!![b/]I've just started poi, and im proud[i/] to admit that i am getting pretty good. I wouldn't really call Poi an anti drug!! Poi is like a drug all by itself. :P Im so addicted to it: i cant think about anything else! Well, actually i can... like hitting my history teacher repeatedly over the head with whatever i can get my hands on shocked... But thats normal... right? smile------------------Coles

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
"Anti-Drug", for all you non-Yanks, comes from yet another cheesy 'don't do drugs' ad campaign put on by our fine government. "Cool" kids are shown doing "cool" things, like mountain climbing, painting, doing community service work, sculpting, camping out in the woods, laughing with their "cool" friends. All of these things are their "anti-drug"..the thing they do instead of doing drugs. The commercial then says "What's your anti-drug?".Mind you, I like all the things the commercial describes, and take part in some if not all of them regularly. I also happen to like drugs, though. smile

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
prote, good call! reminds me of that scene in groove where they're standing outside of an abandoned warehouse and one guy says to the other, "yeah, i've quit using drugs. those things'll kill ya" while lighting up a doobie... my antidrug is, uh, uh thorazine, or was it valium... damn hallucinagens.... smile

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Ahh, thorazine smileMaking lawn furniture out of people for so many quality years------------------If you love something, set it on fire.[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 21 December 2001).]

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
SickpuppyI have no idea what you're on about but in my humble opinion you win first prize for coolest signature on home of poi. Congratulations! grinSunbeam------------------Life in the circus ain't easy but the folks on the outside don't know yeah well the tent goes up and the tent goes down and all that they see is the show and the ladies on the horses look so pretty and the lions are looking real mad and some of the clowns are happy and some of the clowns are sad. Welcome to the freakshow.. here we go (Freakshow by Ani di Franco)

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Thorazine is horrible! I got pulled one time while I was tripping face, and the cops took me to the hospital and shot me up with that crap! Killed it instantly!!! I was pissed! Good stuff, too.------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Poi seems to be an anti drug for me a lot at parties. When I spin, I get the euphoria and exhilaration of performing in front of 100 people with their eyes glued open. My god! E-babies make such a wonderful audience, regardless of the fact they would ooh and ahh over a slug. It is because they ooh and ahh at ME! It's kind of like a york peppermint patty commercial. But getting loaded on pills and hallucinogens and spinning is still so much better! grin ------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
well, in light of the true description of "anti-drug" my response to this thread is now:I DON'T HAVE ONE!Things that flash frequently states:*go hard or go home*more is better than less*excessive? excuse me but I'm not familiar with that term.*so, who wants what??*alrighty then.... lets go 'sort ourselves out' then, shall we girls?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
Poi as an anti-drug? Well not realy, but I do find that sometimes when I spin I go into a trance-like state where my brain kinda shuts off and whatever else is floating arround up there don't seem to have much effect on me. 'Course it's usually 5-6 hrs later that I finaly do put my strings down. I said they don't do much, not anything wink------------------'There is a fist pressing against anyone who thinks something compelling'

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hehe - hmmm smilewell - twirling is definitely an anti drug to me (in that I can twirl and forget about drugs) but what constitutes drug? cuz if its addiction then twirling is most certainly a drug for me.of course - the opposite is also true smileJosh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ok, so my anti-drug is wondering where my next drugs are coming from.....

Meh

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
*sigh* i have a problem with the anti drug commercials... i was never the sports kid, or the volunteer kid (except one year at a medieval festival but that hardly counts)i was never the "im doing good at school"kid either...i was the let see what happens if we mix gasoline and laundry soap together in a coffee can and get a match to see what happends kid...later on when i discovered that grade 9 science gave you the basics for chem and i was a "lets see what happens if we take a gallon of hydrocloric acid and 4 rolls of magnesium tape and put them together in a beak covered with a plastic bad and then lit it"heh heh heh that was a GOOD one..i didnt discover pot until may of the same year. im not so destructive anymore... but alas the fire still burns..

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I wonder how many more buildings in the world would have been blown up, had it not been for the pyro's smoking pot...hmm that's one to think about. (:PLURRCRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
God. ------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Way to make bathtub napalm, Sorcha.But you do know it works much better if you dissolve a crap load of styrofoam in the gasoline before adding the soap, don't you? smileYeah, the FBI's gonna have my name in a folder for this post. Goddmned terrorists, giving the anarchists a bad name. tongue------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
ha ha! its funny cause its true! actually ive never tried styrofoam but one time my friend was being dumb and dropped one of those rubber balls into it (the red white stripe and blue ones?) he never got it out and it was gone within a few weeks.. needless to say we used that stuff for yet another experiment if smelled like burnt tire when we did though..

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
quote:
E-babies make such a wonderful audience, regardless of the fact they would ooh and ahh over a slug.
:lol Eeeeheheheeeehehe!! I so want to draw a cartoon of E-Babies ohhhing and awwwing over a slug!Thanx for the image grin------------------https://www.VitalePhotography.com

Anubismember
11 posts

Posted:
I'm well impressed with your photos Neph.Esp the sixth one of the professional lot.'Nubis

__ __ __ __ __You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot

DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
sick pup, once again you've made me laugh till I cry.As to Anti-drug. Who came up with the term "drug" in the first place. When it all comes down to it everything is a drug. Whether it be waking up and eating breakfast or typing on this message board, it is going to effect you in some way. It's your choice to the extent that it affects you. I stopped using "drugs" per say, but I have nothing against the use of them, simply because there are many benefits to their use. Perhaps not physically in most cases but surely mentally and emotionally, as well as spritually(but that's a new topic of discussion). As many others have said, poi is not an ANTI-drug; it is a drug within itself, but I would agree that it keeps my mind off of doing other drugs. It all depends on you and what you hold to be more important in your life. Just make sure you pass it to the left cuz' the right way is wrong.PLUHRDOC[This message has been edited by DocLiquid (edited 23 December 2001).]

Let us Light up the Night

McFlymember
7 posts

Posted:
My new anti drug is watching this java application juggle... it's hipnotic.[URL=https://www.student.utwente.nl/~catchup/03simulator.htm]I'm sure you've all seen it, but hey, I think it's cool.

I like the pretty lights...

Page: