• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > If you swing it they will come

Login/Join to Participate

LUCIAN POIER

Total posts: 12
Posted:It always seems to amaze me of how much of an audience you can get when doing your poi. The one thing I don't get is that most people have no clue what this is. Ha Ha, Thats funny cause they think I am practising karate or some thing.

It's a burning faya

Delete Topic

Cantus
SILVER Member since Jul 2001

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Total posts: 15965
Posted:You know you're meant to be holding poi don't you?

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted:Have to agree there (Not with Cantus, that would be silly) but audiances are very rarely clued up about what we're doing. Not that this is a bad thing, it adds an air of mystery to our art but it makes me smirk...I did an hour and a half performance (not solid) with my group and at the end of it I heard someone gasp when they realised that Poi are on a chain/wire not, as they thought, short staves. And I'd been doing wraps for alot of my bit....Weird------------------http://welcome.to/thehugbubble Words to memerise, words hypnotise, words make my mouth exercise.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

Bendy

Total posts: 750
Posted:Well that all depends Cantus, remember this?

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Delete

LUCIAN POIER

Total posts: 12
Posted:Pardon my lack of knowledge. I didn't know I was meant to be holding Poi.

It's a burning faya

Delete