• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > beginner poi - professional laser yo-yoist looking for tips about ambidexterity

Login/Join to Participate

Total posts: 72
Posted:i do laser yo yo-tricks, after attending a few techno clubs, and seeing a friend of mine do poi, and then a couple of others, and then a couple more, who all do martial arts and can beat me quite easily in attracting a crowd. I decided to try poi, but have one problem yo-yo uses one hand, and poi uses two... does anybody have tips to help me work on separating my hands so i can stop hitting myself in the head?Psy

"The Q is talkin' to me!!!"

Liquid Cow
Total posts: 2629
Posted:Try spinning with your off hand only.Once you've got used to it, bringing in your more co-ordinated hand wil be much easier.using your off hand for yo yo will probably help a whole lot too, since you already know the tricks and where you want it to be moving to.------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.