yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
that 14 meg video of a guy named sergey... in https://www.houseofrave.com/videos
....watch it =)I mean... for your own good, what's my point? besides for getting a laugh...(even the camera guy was laughin) is to get you to know that even if you know all the tricks you arent a pro... I mean, I dunno, i can't say he sucks cause he does a 2 tricks that I cant do(not the BTB) but i mean, watching the video, i realize that when you poi is only for dancing, like an expression, not just doing the moves emotionless, dunno, doing poi is dancing for others, not for you... just my thoughs------------------[- y.a.s.h.i.r.o. -]

Teinemember
74 posts

Posted:
i don't know...from the way he was spinning, my impression was that he's a rave-only spinner, and filming a high-speed practice at that. you could hear the glowsticks whack the floor (or other object) only a few times, and he was pretty fluid when lengthening and shortening the cord/rope/chain/whatever he was using. imagine this in a darkened rave with blacklight all around, two bright spinning objects and the silhouette of a person in the middle...i thought he was pretty decent for indoor glowstick. also, indoors they don't see your face NEARLY as much as with fire, so he can focus on the lightshow without worry. the lengthening and shortening of the cords caught my attention above all...for glowstick on thin rope, this would be a great start, allowing you to establish your floor space, catch attention, and thus leading to being able to safely expand your working area. (people near would notice you expanding, and [hopefully] move back to compensate. just my thoughts, though. wink------------------"life begins between the night and the light."

life begins between the night and the light.

rangerbethanymember
70 posts

Posted:
i guess it would look great in the dark but otherwise it's a little sterile lookinshow us your heart fella

floating
drifting
fading away
how could these stimulants lead us astray?

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Yeah yashiro i told you to dont donwload that crap! but you did:P waste of time... tongueok.. he move like a robot man.. doesnt look good... ok i wont say nothing cause before when i was starting in this i was like that tongue but man ok but the reviewers put him as he were really goood!! omfg.... that the point thats sucks... made me donwload that... and when i saw it i was like bleh...

Dance like if noone were watching you

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Ranger, it doesn't matter if it is dark, even if it dark, the glowstick or fire will able illuminate you and you can see their movement & stuff like that y' know

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Rangerbethany is on your side Yashiro don't diss her.

Meh

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
I reckon the 5.2 MB vid "GlowstickDermonstration" is much better. The one with the ultra high intensity orange sticks. I know he makes more mistakes but he's far less sterile and is obviously having a good time.

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

Teinemember
74 posts

Posted:
everyone starts somewhere and grows.give this person some time...he looks like he's on his way to being a pretty decent spinner.besides...if i was still in hard learning, i would be more concerned with hitting myself than how fluid and expressive my movements were...wouldn't you?------------------"life begins between the night and the light."

life begins between the night and the light.

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
ehh sorry ranger & cantus, i read the msg too fast hehe =(well teine, i think that it have to deal with the learning processs, like my weave & turn? i never learn it standing just there, and the btb weave, I can walk doing the Btb(starting reverse) weave( and Nightshade1) can run with it =P

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Jangla....that 5 megs video that you watched, I d/led it in june 12 but in 30 megs sizeand that video is the reason why I began to practice poi(and that's why i'm talking a lot about body movements and such and a damn criticer) I wasn't interested at poi before because it wasn't cool, but the way he did it is very cool, although he did a few things, he's quite a show to watch, right Jangle? "following the music"Anyways, for those who are learning poi right now and want to have a good time in your learning process download the 5.3 file as Jangla said[This message has been edited by yashiro (edited 11 December 2001).]

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
has anyone else noticed that since this thread appeared, they've added a few fire videos and actually call it "poi" in the title? wink