hugs

R

EDITED_BY: Malcolm (1070312868)

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
aaah yes i know the ones you mean.

don't use them much... but nice to hear someone else is playing a bit with triples contact biggrin

i'll be in/around brisbefore the 19th... probably the 13th in fact... hows that sound..?

R

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Great Rob,
I'll hope to see you while you're here. Oh, and btw my triples play is a very recent thing (started about 5 days ago in fact). Said video is a shameless piece of imporv BS, but I think it is hard to manage to spin 3 sticks with out it looking at least a little crazy. It might just be cause I'm using 3 long sticks but I find for me doing 3 seems to involve lots of rotating the body, making it easier to mix up the planes that they are all on. Although I'm sure we could come up with a font color for 3 stick stuff I think it would escape any attempts at cramming it in to words.

Should I email you some details, are will I see you at one of the gatherings here abouts???
Take care & happy trails,
Kyle

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ok.

been too long, so heres a few more:

elbow to elbow throw

this is a pretty straight forward one, but lovely none theless, so here are two ways in:

same entry as the 'waistwrap(properwrap)' on page 1,but here it is again just in case

staff in left hand spinning anticlockwise horizontally, holding about 10-15cm off centre. the staff goes round the back as if you were about to bo a waist wrap, but instead of releasing onto your right hip, you release onto the inside of your right elbow. then as the staff continues its spin around(now caught in elbow grab), straighten your arm and throw the staff accross to your left elbow and catch it there. to practise, just throw to your left hand, but in time the elbow catch comes and its tasty.

its easiest if you just do a single spin in the air, and slowly. reduces the chances of serious blackeye-age.

a second way in is to come around the outside of your dight hand as if starting a reverse stev, the staff comes down your right forearm into the elbow grab, and proceeds as above.

or from around the neck.. or, or, or. theres loads of ways in actually, but i tend to use these two most cause they're easiest ubblol

the catch can be moved around to,

like back to the same elbow.
up to a neck pinch.
down to the feet.
etcetc

foot reversal

strange one this. don't use it much, but never seen it anywhere else so:

staff in right hand, horizontal anticlockwise.

throw(drop!) the staff down the left side of your left leg. and lift your right foot up to horixontal(bending at the knee) and trap the staff between knee and foot. just give your leg a little shake and the staff comes out in the opposite direction...

i've tried this with a contact entry but with little success(but not tried for a while, so back after new year with renewed efforts ubblol)

continual neck stops

mmmmmmm.

doubles potential here as yet unreleased ubblove

horizontal right hand anticlockwise

do a basic neck wrap, when it starts to get round the front on the right side again, lift your right arm and trap the staff between arm and neck, and reverse the direction. then repeat on the left side with the left arm up.. this can go on for ever.

i like to use it as a transfer between horizontal and vertical becasue its just as easy to restart the staff up ond over instead of horizontally.

been trying for a while now a variation of this in doubles with one staff just doing this, one doing a vertical pinwheel... ouch(must remember to try with matchsticks spank not longs)

bluefeline martials

no better name for these, but they're a combination of reverse fishtails, and back rolls.

hehe ubbangel

vertical spins, anticlockwise, wall plane, same direction, right hand outstretched, left hand by waist.

right hand does 1 rotation of fishtail. left hand does 1 beat spins by waist.

right hand staff goes from back of hand, into back roll, caught in same hand btb(like the fake waistwrap butterflies on page 1)

body turns 180degreesto the right, hands swap roles.

so left hand does 1 rotation fishtail, then back roll then catches btb, while right is doing 1 beat spins by right hip...

it has a kind of martial arts pose hence the name.... ubbangel

my favouritest shoulder grab variation

horizontal both staffs going anticlockwise(honestly, i can do osme of thes clockwise, just choose not to ubbangel)

at the same time, lift your left arm and place the right hand staff in the shoulder grab(between left shoulder and raised left arm)

now you turn to the left.
you should have 1 staff in left hand, one on left shoulder.

stop turning, so the one on your shoulder is stopped by your neck, and the top one goes into a palm spin, and start to turn the other way.... hehe ubbangel

enjoy, but watch your heads wink

i hope you like them
HOPpy new year ubbangel
R smile

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Whoo, those Martials sound fun. In a way that also entails horrible frustration wink

got a bad case of the at-work-can't-spin blues now frown

Oh, and been doodling with vertical elbow throws & catches for a bit, and feel i should warn the unwary that whacking a knobbly elbow with a speeding metal pole is VERY NOT FUN.

So i second the suggestion of practicing elbow throw and elbow catch seperately before attempted linkage.

Keep on keepin on with the moves dude. Even the ones i don't want to steal are causing badly needed brainsparkage smile

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ruler twirling in the office just doesn;t have the same effect does it!!!!

Hey Simian fancy helping me with some of thses Rob moves tomorrow night ubbangel???

L
X

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

3,149 posts

Posted:
ooh yeah, them martials sound very badass... though most of the other new uns are a bit horizontal for me

axis-prejudiced-munky

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubblol

spank

spitz in 4 weeks.

full demo of EVERYTHING in this thread

maybe ubbangel

wave

DizMr Dizzy....
154 posts

Posted:
ubbloco

Diz

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
A Fortune Cookie

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Err Err I'll be in Oz, so any chance you could get Arsn up to scratch on all your moves so that he can teach lill ol me ubbangel

And My Uzeall cold you please video The Cat at Spitz PLEASE ubbangel

L
ubbrollsmile

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Originally posted by BamBam
any chance you could get Arsn up to scratch on all your moves so that he can teach lill ol me ubbangel

I agree... you've got a week, I've got time off... see where I'm going with this... ubblol ubbangel wave tongue

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

DizMr Dizzy....
154 posts

Posted:
Quote:

And My Uzeall cold you please video The Cat at Spitz PLEASE ubbangel

I'll try....but Cats can be shy sometimes, although I have my doubts about this blue one wink

D

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
A Fortune Cookie

3,149 posts

Posted:
heh heh,

camera-shy double staffers = porcine aviators ubblol

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
spank

ubbangel

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
did ya get the martials on tuesday?

i've been playing around with variants on this for the last couple of days and finding all sorts of interestin things...

i can't emphasise enough how important it is to learn to isolate your hands from each other. if you can get one hand to play by itself without having to pay any attention to it, then the other is free to do sooooooo much.

smile

3,149 posts

Posted:
got sidetracked... ubbangel

Played with 360 fishtail in one hand, while fig8 in other.

difficult and non-spectacular. hooray!

and then saw bammy playing with other silliness she said she nicked from you. i liked it a lot...
[cryptic] single-spin shoulder roll to waistwrapped single-spins [/cryptic]

When it comes to spinny stuff, my hands are lovely and independent. When contacty or fishy business sets in, it all gets a bit more complicated. Probably because i have less control over the timing.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
*prebump*

going to be writing down all those new ones i was trying at spitz last night in a few days i hope.

so get working on those martials simon spank

wink

R

3,149 posts

Posted:
damn you rob damn you TO HELL mad

1st i'm gonna steal your pireouette and step-thru airwraps tongue

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
haha!
i forgot about the pirouette airwraps!

must dash to 'ijustlearntanewmove' and edit...

tehe

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i have a feeling this will have a really simple answer but ive search and searched to no avail, whats a martial? confused

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

3,149 posts

Posted:
^ look 16 posts back ^

They are pretty

and just cos rob does them doesn't mean they're possible.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
spank
rolleyes my bad well i feel quite silly im not sure whats worse the fact that ive read all the posts on the thread before or that it was the only result that came up on the search on the new board and that none came up on the old board
spank

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Page: