Page:
musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
I know the entry details say 'any' of the fire arts, but what fire implements will be featured or are ok to use for entries? I ask only because I haven't seen any rope dart, fire swords, fans, flags or whips in any of the entries. I've only seen COL4, but just wanted to make sure.

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
rolleyes dont call me yogi when your booboo ubblol

hug

1,148 posts

Posted:
Gah, first time I've ever lost a complete post..will repost this later

EDITED_BY: musashii (1071668516)

Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

1,148 posts

Posted:
Quote:

the reason i said lots of different toys is dangerous is because i worry that the focus of the video will disappear.

Aha, now you've touched on my point of the question. Is the focus on firey arts or spinny arts?

Quote:

secondly, try and pick between a poi routine and a double staff routine.

Why try? If we think this way I think it would limit the number of entries submitted, and possibly the variety. I'd loove to see Puk doin fire whips, someone doin fans, fire sword routines, etc...Prizes are secondary, leest to me..I'd rather blow someones mind than worry about confirmation.

Ars Pyronomica

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Then let's go steal some pin-nik-et basket.... tongue

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
How about a 8 ft wand ?. Arsn how many idea's do you have ?. As puk shows up with the ranger .

Are you still smarter than the average bear

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I think that COL5 should be broken down into sub-sub-sections:

poi: best technical spinning, best single trick, best coreography, greatest fluidity, nicest style, etc

staff: same as above

etc: etc.

Ooh ooh, can we have an awards show? Do I have to wear a tux? Do I have to wear clothing?!

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Why even bother with awards... the art is branching out too far these days to really classify it into a small group of categories to vote on. One thing I really liked about CoL4 was that everyone who tried to get on it got something in return for their efforts... that was enough for me to feel like my work was worth it.

Why not break it up into "most entertaining submission from ______ country/continent," I think that would be kinda neat smile

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
No prizes!!!! No way!!! ubblol

I dunno about other peaple but I think theres got to be some kind of return to the peaple who enter, even if its only some of them. Lets face it, the COL series is sold worldwide, like, money is paid for it, to get all that raw material without giving something back to the peaple who provided it is wrong. And besides, im a competative s-o-b. wink

I kinda like the overall voting idea, it was un-biased, there was a good range of prizes and more than one winner. If anything we could extend it to 'hard' and 'flexible' catagories, but anything more would be complicating the issue, and is still clouded by peaple who will enter both. Me like the present system.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I still like what cass suggested as well as Pk . So you still can be a competive sob

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
As it's called "Circles of Light" - doesn't suggest that this is the only limitation?
It's not called "Circles of Light created by Poi and Staff" - so I'd suggest that anything that creates the aforementioned CoL is elligible.

Having said that I was think of entering some Fire contact juggling, only half an entry mind...

Anyone want to buy me a DV camera? ubblove

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

dzi3lakBRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
i have question. If i don't have artist premission to use his music in video (like metallica or something) i can't us his music in clip ? What about artists like hmmm lets say... Mozart ? I can't use his composisions ? umm

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
The rights to the music are still held by various people - the family, a company, Sony.... rolleyes

I think...

Dig out a classical CD and look under the copyright sign or the "With kind permission" of

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

likwidSILVER Member
53 posts

Posted:
your best bet on that would be to get a hold of the record labels or the artist personally...

likwidSILVER Member
53 posts

Posted:
and on the diff prizes...
could get all complicated and have nominees for diff things, then vote from there... lol
*shrugs* its a thought

BlackassBlueass
183 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Why even bother with awards...

It seems to help push post counts up by ranting about it on HoP!! tongue

---------------------------------
Breathing fire doesn't look good on the resume - Everclear

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
With regards to music - It's quite a good idea to head over to a place like MP3.com or suchlike where there are lots of un-signed bands. Some are a bit poo, but there's actually some really good stuff on there from small artists. You can easily reach them via e-mail and I doubt they charge and also would be grateful for the publicity.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Are we allowed to use any type of music as long as we have permission from the artist?

I didn't know if our entries would be judged on the music we chose or not.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
From the rules:
Quote:

4. If music supplied. Music should be heard on the video camera microphone. Music must also be supplied as a seperate digital file (WAV,AVI,MP3 etc) to ensure best quality or provided of a high quality on a digital video tape.
5. If music supplied then a written authorisation must be given from the music artist giving permission to use their piece on the COL5 video and/or DVD. Also required is the artists contact details to go in the cover slip of the video case.

I don't think you'd be marked down if you have a particularly bad taste in moosic wink The variety of music in the Videos section here ranges from DnB, to Classical, to strange French songs, Psytrance, Hip-Hop - Whatever works for you biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Kewlness. I knew to get artist permission but didn't know if my choice in music would make my video look bad or not.

Thank you smile

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Page:

HOP Newsletter