• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Itsgottab

Total posts: 244
Posted:i have recently had the chance to try shadow poi. it is simply the best my fire poi have been formly retired. and it can help those with limited combo 'dancing poi' ability find some rhythm and flow. maybe you should do this in the privacey of your own room for starters.

Delete Topic

N8

Total posts: 336
Posted:Not to sound like a dumb-ass, but I've never heard of Shadow poi before. You for real with this or is this one of those mis-understood jokes that goes awry? (In which case if it is I'm going to look dumber than I do now
Non-Https Image Link
but oh well)I would love to know more about this. Please explain.N8.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Delete

Cantus
SILVER Member since Jul 2001

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Total posts: 15965
Posted:Ok, I'll bite. Shadow poi?

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete

Belgarath

Total posts: 51
Posted:If Shadow Poi is anything like shadow boxing are you doing poi without the poi?Just funky dancing realy!!------------------The Sand...The Surf... The Flame.

The Sand...The Surf... The Flame.

Delete

Shouden-CrD
SILVER Member since Apr 2001

Veteran Member

Total posts: 495
Posted:*imagines something like a shadow box for dancing except with a bigger version of streamers*------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=razyRaverude=-

Delete

Cantus

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Posted:And so it begins....

Delete

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted:I tried shadow poi once but found them far too light. Does anyone know a way to add weight to them? I suppose I could just use larger shadows but then they tend to get to close to the body when doing BTB stuff.Any ideas?------------------http://welcome.to/thehugbubble I have only one burning desire....let me stand next to your fire

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

Jangla

Total posts: 155
Posted:I use dark matter shadow poi which can be absolutely tiny and still have sufficient weight!------------------"The tincture of night began to suffuse the soup of the afternoon. He considered the sentence, and found it good. He liked 'tincture' particularly. Tincture. Tincture. It was a distinguished word, and pleasantly countered by the flatness of 'soup'. The soup of the afternoon. Yes. In which may be found the croutons of teatime."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

Delete

[Nx?]
BRONZE Member since Nov 2001

[Nx?]

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3749
Posted:cant find mine.....too dark in here.N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Delete

Glåss
PLATINUM Member since Nov 2001

Glåss

The Ministry of Manipulation

Total posts: 2523
Posted:nix they'll be in the last place you look. So think of the last place you'd think they could be and look there first.I've been playing with shadow ball contact a bit recently, its groovy, focusing on the movenent and body position and controlling the ball.

Delete

FirePoi-boy

Total posts: 71
Posted:but if he looks there first it will be the first place and not the last. so they could not possibly be there[This message has been edited by FirePoi-boy (edited 06 December 2001).]

Delete

Rick aka Loki
BRONZE Member since Dec 2000

Rick aka Loki

Total posts: 134
Posted:okay, I got all enthused about shadow poi (I even learned tosses, dammit!) and trained hard, but when I performed it in front of an audience, they just didn't GET it. So now I'm broke and I spent all my money on shadow chains and that friggin' expensive Invisible Kevlar(tm).Doesn't anyone appreciate ART anymore?-He Who Plays With Himselfp.s. good one, Jangla!
Non-Https Image Link
[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 06 December 2001).]

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

Delete

Gheu

Total posts: 28
Posted:Needs to be repeated, what are Shadow Poi?Gheu------------------A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

Delete

Cantus

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Posted:I did shadow staff the other night. But I think that is different to poi.You use staffs for a start!

Delete

rex

rex

Total posts: 263
Posted:anyone ever try sparkly shadow poi?

Delete

Durbs

Durbs

Classically British

Posted:Just had a brain-wave.How about - Fire Shadow Poi!Take your shadow, attatch it to a chain and wrap it in kevlar wick! Then douse in a flammable liquid and set light to it!! I Know - I'm brilliant

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Delete

Cantus

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Posted:I was thinking more along the lines of special....

Delete

Rick aka Loki

Rick aka Loki

Posted:in that Olympic way... ?
Non-Https Image Link

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

Delete

Cantus

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Posted:oh hello Rick. I was expecting an american.....Yes, special in that olympic way.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 12 December 2001).]

Delete

Rick aka Loki

Rick aka Loki

Posted:Gheu: Shadow Poi are more than a tool or art, they're a state of mind. Who knows what evil lies in the hearts of men? The Shadow Poi knows... I s'pose I might as well say it out loud (as it were), this is a joke thread. (or IS IT?! tune in next week as we discover Durbs's secret identity, who informs us that... ONE OF THE MODERATORS IS GOING TO PERISH!!!)If you want to start your own joke thread, try something like this. Observe...*ahem*Soooo... Can anyone tell me how to make SPARKLY POI?

-Rick aka Loki

Delete

Cantus

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Posted:RickI regret to inform you that Durbs is real. If you check the very first post in mug shots thread you can see his picture..... But I suspect that this thread is indeed is a joke. Hence my post half way down saying "and so it begins".But then I knew it was from the start. The originator of the subject is a repeat offender. Just play along, It's usually the best way.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 12 December 2001).]

Delete

Durbs

Durbs

Classically British

Posted:I've never been 100% convinced I'm real if that helps....

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Delete

GodlovinSponge

Total posts: 125
Posted:I had a shadow staff.. but my moron friend thought having a glow stick strapped on it would look cool... It broke.. now its a glow staff.. what a putz.------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

Delete

Rick aka Loki

Rick aka Loki

Posted:Yeah, I've seen that picture of "Durbs" on the mug shots page. Doesn't fool me.Now that every eight year old in the world and the ceramic gnomes on their lawn have their own web page, you can get "personal pics" from anywhere. That picture of Durbs happens to match exactly the "personal photo" of one Rory Diggler of Dayton Heights, OH, (Website:www.geocities.com/nerdherd/unlikely_stories/heycoolI'vegotmyownwebsite/nowmaybeI'llmeetchicks/ifonlywebbrowsersrecognizedspacesasvalidpunctuation// )So what of it, mister "Durbs"? I'm onto you and your commie bullshit.-Rick "The price of stupidity is eternal vigilence" Gladwin

-Rick aka Loki

Delete

Cantus

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Posted:That's a lengthy address that Diggler fellow has..... If i didn't know better I'd say it had a hidden message in it.

Delete

Bendy

Total posts: 750
Posted:I think there is something wrong with my computer. I tried that address, but got an error from yahoo saying we couldn't find your page.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Delete

Cantus

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Posted:It most likely just needs cleaning. Find a handy entry point (I suggest the disk drive) and squirt washing-up liquid in. That should stop any unnecessary computer problems in future.

Delete

Durbs

Durbs

Classically British

Posted:I asked my mum if I existed and she said "Probably"... This could be taken as a bad sign.------------------http://welcome.to/thehugbubble Words to memerise, words hypnotise, words make my mouth exercise.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Delete

[Nx?]
BRONZE Member since Nov 2001

[Nx?]

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3749
Posted:ROFL @ C@ntus

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate