Page:
bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i've been not smoking(anything) for ten days now after 11 years of pretty regular joint-age... and have been getting serious headaches for the past few days..

it has been suggested to me that this is directly related... any thoughts?

ta
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
These are my thoughts... use them well... tongue

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
thanks.

spank

where's a serious aussie when you need one...?

*reminds himself they don't exist*

wink

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
... I would sooo have a come back if that wasn't true...

*looks all confused as he sits thinking of a come back...*

tongue

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey sweetie. I am pretty sure they are related. Many different sutdies have shown correlation to the body being used to a foreignly introduced substance and when it is removed there being withdrawl symptoms, of which a headache is the most common one. This has been done with "drugs" as "mild" as niccotene and caffeine all the way to hard and illegal narcotics. My understanding is that they pass with time. Drink alot of water (hydration helps) and try over the counter stuff for it. Or you can try any of the pluthera of homeopathic approaches available (including those in the recent migraine thread).

For what it's worth I think it is awesome that you have stopped even for this long! Congrats and I am proud of you.
Hugs and love to you hotstuff!
P~

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Directly related without a doubt mate...
I gave up smoke about two years ago after five years of SOLID smoking...Headaches and very vivid dreams and also panic too....
It will pass... Be strong and you will feel so much clearer for it hug weavesmiley

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Laytinmember
111 posts

Posted:
Pop some pain killers and go sit in a warm bath... cures my hangovers who knows it might just work for you? ;p

Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares; at the head of noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech:

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I've heard of this happening. Tylenol is a great drug...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ta y'all.

a few replies...:

pele i don't want you to be proud of me. i am not 'giving up' in the conventional sense.

i am looking forward to a time when every time i smoke it's important and special to me because of my surroundings and company. rather than something i do because it's there.

same answer goes for you Valura i guess. until i stop enjoying having my world a little fuzzy i will not appreciate that sentiment.

mike, laytin ta wink but i actually feel much better for knowing a part of the reason why: (note the panic effect mentioned above).

R

firedancingfairyenthusiast
201 posts

Posted:
You've chosen a great time to move forward blue cat. I truly wish you all the best, and I send many beautiful blessings to inspire you to never lose awareness of the great power within. smile

Drink lots of clean fresh water to keep you hydrated cos your liver is probably very dry... this may help the headaches! hug

Keep us updated with the joys of your journey. peace

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I went through a 2 week detox a while back, no smoking, booze, junk food (ok I did break down and have nutella on toast a couple of times). I felt like [censored]! At first! After 2 weeks not only did I feel virtuous, I felt better physically, was more productive in work etc.
Unfortunately I am just as bad on the smoke again, but I have cut down on drinking a lot, I don't have a drink every evening.

Once you get over the feeling like poo part, you will feel so much better, just be careful not to slip back into old habits like I did. I said I would only smoke every couple of weeks, but my resolve soon broke down. Don't keep anything at home if you are serious about quitting. Good luck

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
Doing poi has seriously cut down my drinking. I don't like being drunk and trying to spin fire, and devil stick is, well, impossible if you've drunk a drop. I don't smoke cigarettes, but I haven't managed to stop the other yet. peace

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
ubbtickled
g'luck mr bluecat- might also be the change in climate etc, may not have as much to do with the smoking as you think.
mabbe the aussies just do yer ed in! ubbrollsmile hug

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ive been on Detox too..

no smoking or drinking for 5 days. (well..its not a long time but it makes me feel better)

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
i have been pretty much clean for almost 2 years. not by choice mind you. i got headaches and stomach aches for a while but there gone now. now im just irritable biggrin anyways like previously suggested water and tylenol. peace

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

pavementmember
121 posts

Posted:
I reckon they are definitly related, i gave up weed and cigs a couple of years back after caining it for about 10 years and felt terrible for weeks, headaches, passing out and stuff... Its a big shock to the system.. Now im completely hooked on coffee....

The hardest thing was hanging out with my mates who were still going at it big time...

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
personally i find it hard to understand the people who have to smoke (anything) all the time and drink almost every day.
I just dont like drink at all and have been drunk less than 10 times in my entire life, and i dont smoke cigarettes at all as they are nasty nasty things. One thing i can't do without though is caffeine smile its funny that i get addicted to something on the complete opposite end of the spectrum from the really bad stuff, and not the stuff which is most addictive (and dangerous)

401 posts

Posted:
theres a flip side to that coin though. i cant really understand how people can go through there life totally sober and normal. most people who dont understand that life style havnt really given it a chance and of course your not going to be addicted to things you have never tried. not that im saying people should. more power to you if you can be satisfied just going through life as is. to me there is definately a time and place for everything biggrin just not every day

thank you
drive thru

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i don't if i agree to that tho shadow. i mean, i've had my fair share of fun intoxicated nights wink but at the same time, i think you can feel "high" without doing anything. most of the time i go to clubs or raves completely sober, and i get the best high i've ever had just from listening to a kickass dj and dancing. the last time i saw dj irene (one of my favs) i decided to go at it sober, not even any alcohol. and i had such a [censored] blast! i had to work at 8am that next morning and i didn't leave the club until 5:30. went home, slept for about an hour, and then went to work....still feeling wired from the music. i think drugs can enhance that feeling, but you need to have that feeling before you try anything, if you try anything at all. you should be able to create your own high, through music, meditation, love, whatever.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

401 posts

Posted:
ya i have had fun sober at parties and other things to. in fact about 2 years worth now. one thing has nothing to do with the other though. having sober fun and having drug fun are 2 totally seperate worlds. you cant get the kind of happiness you can get from love or inner peace with drugs and vice versa

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i've had one bottle of beer in 3 weeks. After the hangover of hell, to hands down defeat all previous hangovers, i'm just not really interested in drink at the moment. As a side effect it makes going out way cheaper, except when you go places where lemonade costs more the beer rolleyes

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
Quote:

theres a flip side to that coin though. i cant really understand how people can go through there life totally sober and normal.

::raises hand quietly:: I've been drunk only once, under experimental conditions (me, a friend, some tequila shots, and a dvd of Boondock Saints). Don't intend to repeat the experience. I've never been high on anything else. Never smoked a cigarette - hate the smell. Tried weed once, barely, got a mildly pleasant headache, decided it wasn't worth bothering with.

And I have a lot of fun in my life. ubbloco

Not that all of you should necessarily go straight-edge. Just sayin' it's a good sort of lifestyle, too. Not as dull as you might expect.

E pluribus unum, baby.

spherespinnermember
38 posts

Posted:
Ok there bluecat?

Ahh.. yes the headaches suck.. fortunately I haven't had the problem of going through them.. but one of my close friends did... and it's definetly to do with the tobacco withdrawal.... frown My friend found having herbal teas... and long baths etc. helped ease the headaches... relaxing I think in general...

Another interesting thing... Did u know that canabis increases the heart rate etc.. leading to laboured breathing, which after long time use leads to lung damage... ? Perhaps this hasn't helped your breathing troubles....

Anyway.. hope the headaches are starting to ease...

Love outa ya,
tongue

smile
Start chasing dreams.... one day u may catch them..

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
:also raises hand quietly:
I've never been drunk, tasted a cigarette or other smokables and my strongest drug tried is caffeine. I still have as much fun as my friends when we go out (and a better morning after!). A lifestyle to suit every lifeform, I suppose!

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yep much better ta

just heading out for a cuppa and a juggle now in fact.

hug

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ya i think it's a different lifestyle that one chooses. i don't think everyone is equipped to handle drugs. but the point i was trying to make is that you should learn to have that "life" high first before you try to get a drug high. cause if you don't, you run the risk of becoming an addict. i chose to be sober for over 5 years because i realized i couldn't handle it. i knew i'd fall into the trap of being addicted and not learning how to handle myself. once i figured out who i was, and how to make myself happy without any outside help (and i mean ALL outside help, not just drugs), then i knew i was ok to try it. and i'm good at moderating myself, but i also see when i start to slip because i'm unhappy with my life and so i turn to drugs to give me a different type of happy. and that's just unhealthy. does that make sense?

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i'm not straight edge or anything, but when u find it a real effort TO drink, rather than not to drink, I tend to believe i'll never become an alcoholic or get any other form of dependancy. (don't most people find that most alcoholic drinks actually taste quite unpleasant? i do)

401 posts

Posted:
i really dont care for alcohol personally. it does very little for me.

401 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Quote:

theres a flip side to that coin though. i cant really understand how people can go through there life totally sober and normal.

::raises hand quietly:: I've been drunk only once, under experimental conditions (me, a friend, some tequila shots, and a dvd of Boondock Saints). Don't intend to repeat the experience. I've never been high on anything else. Never smoked a cigarette - hate the smell. Tried weed once, barely, got a mildly pleasant headache, decided it wasn't worth bothering with.

And I have a lot of fun in my life. ubbloco

Not that all of you should necessarily go straight-edge. Just sayin' it's a good sort of lifestyle, too. Not as dull as you might expect.

im sorry i think my point was lost on you. i certainly wasnt saying that you cannot have fun sober.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
I loove the taste of Heineken, but most alcoholik drinks don't do it for me anymore. Besides, alcohol(to the extreme) turns you into a primate tongue , I'd rather have a spliff

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

401 posts

Posted:
werd biggrin

Page: