Forums > Social Chat > I am only 12 yrs old- is that wierd?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Fire Fillymember
2 posts

Posted:
Is it wierd if i am only 12, i c everyone her and they r all like 20+. I don't actually do fire yet but i will b soon.

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Not at all - the more the merrier! If there's one thing I have noticed about poi and fire arts it's the total lack of ageism.I only wish I had discovered fire poi at a younger age------------------"The tincture of night began to suffuse the soup of the afternoon. He considered the sentence, and found it good. He liked 'tincture' particularly. Tincture. Tincture. It was a distinguished word, and pleasantly countered by the flatness of 'soup'. The soup of the afternoon. Yes. In which may be found the croutons of teatime."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Hi Fire Filly! Jangla's right, don't worry about ya age on here! A spinner's a spinner!By the time your 20+ you'll be a poi-wonder! tongueEnjoyM:-)~------------------"To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, and our manhood" Carlos Castenada

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
WELCOME TO THE HOP Board, Fire Filly.No problem whatsoever about age, do not worry. smile And Marlboro is right, I can hardly imagine what an amazing spinner you'll be when you turn 20 !!!!!again welcome !shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
hey, most of the people who post here were 12 years old at some time.even charlesexcept cantus, he had an unusual upbringing.

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
We were all 12 once, then grow up, go to college, get jobs, and then wish life was as simple now as when we were 12...Being young means more time to practice poi. Bonus!Dom,Only slightly jealous of those with time on their hands!Oh, and there's a thread here with loads of people showing off how young they are.

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I wish I'd discovered poi when I was 12, I might stil have enough flexibility to learn the BTB moves.------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

blue_flameBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
Hey, Actually, there are quite a few of us young spinners smile. I'm fifteen and have been spinning for a few months, there are some that are younger than me but I think you are the youngest on the board! Anyways, there are some young spinners, but we're rare so that makes it even more special! I posted something about this before search for "high school spinning" if you wanna see it.Good luck and welcome!Chris

Defy Gravity!

GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
Yea, its a little wierd.. wink but in a place like this, wierdness is a nessesity. smile Poi young, be strong... Its all cool!Awesome to see people younger than me swinging stuff around.------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
wow! I thought me and Cutie Poi Girlie were the youngest,(13) obviously not.Great though!!F_S------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I resent any insinuation that I, at any point, grew up.

Meh

southpawmember
5 posts

Posted:
thats awsome,im 13 and i thought the same thing, its good to know more people your ageare spinning.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
judging by the 12 year olds I know, it certainly must be wierd. I guess you must be able to answer your own question tho...is being 12 wierd? I cant remmeber being 12. but every seems weird to me (still) ::shrugs::You think 12 is weird, try being 25!Josh

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Word Josh, word.Well I'm not 25 but I'm much older than 12.FF, don't sweat it kid- just imagine how good you'll be by the time you're our age.peaceN8.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Glass,Cantus is still 12 years old. He's just very "mature" for his age.*cracks up laughing*Sorry Cantus buddy old pal, chum, t'was just a joke. Friends still ? *puts out hand*------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I am not mature for my age. I'm extremely immature (for any age) as anyone who know's me really well can tell you.

Meh

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I was not twelve!!!I was a dozen years old... grin grin grin grin------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I don't think I was ever 12.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
Where in Aus are you from Fire Filly?...glad to meetcha by the way...oh, and don't ever wish to grow up too fast..take it slow and enjoy!~!!!\ smileollie

coarsemop on firemember
9 posts

Posted:
hey fire filly, start with fire near a lake or the sea or something. my little sister did fire the first time when she was in your age and managed to get her eyebrowes burned away! Anyways, the younger, the better! :-)mop

TranceKujamember
68 posts

Posted:
Like everyone else, it's nice to know there's someone else that's young. For me and some others, it's nice know that we're not the only people who are under17 yrs old.To someone who said that it's easier and more flexibility at 12/13? Not too true for me...I'm 13 and I am horrible...except for the parts of breakdancing which are involved.

Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'll tell you what's weird. shocked shocked I'm going to be 28 in 5 weeks time shocked grin

Meh

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
fire filly yeah me and fire sista thought we were youngest but hey u should B proud! cpgp.s hi fire sista how u doin

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
good to see some young talent, im only 16, and suddenly that seems very old looking at the all the Dibbuns here:sobs uncontrollably:i still wanna be little!!!!!!!!

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Erm kyle, Dibbuns?

Meh

StikTwak*Spinmember
2 posts

Posted:
i think its great that everyones just getting into it , hell knows i waited until i saw a stand at the Livid festival before i woke up and found the wonder of fire twirling, now 6 weeks on ive already had a gig with my older sister at the bundaberg christmas pageant, went down really well with the public. And i may be joining a crew so , im having a blast as im sure everyone here is and you 12 yr olds will be.Im a new member and i look forward to getting some tips of y'all!.Thanks------------------Okay Kids...Seeya

Okay Kids...Seeya

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
I think it's gr8 that people start so early. Im only 15, but i still wish i had started poi earlier(ive been doing it for a few months) Just think how kool it is to be twelve and spinning: your friends will b so totally impressed (my friends dont know i spin), and you'll be a total babe/ guy magnet when you're older!! Besides that, its an awesom thing to do, no matter what age!!Peace out------------------Coles

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
Being 24 is like twice as wierd as being twelve, i am 27, which is a little bit wierder than that!So who's the oldest (and wierdest)?loveAxis

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
Being 24 is like twice as wierd as being twelve, i am 27, which is a little bit wierder than that!So who's the oldest (and wierdest)?loveAxis

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Before we get any responses to this I'd like to point out I am not wierd. I just have a silly sense of humour.I too am 27 (shh, it's a secret) but only for another 20 days....

Meh

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
No worries!! I'm 13 and was researching since I was about 10. Was to stupid to figure out how to alot of things (especially /how/ the strings were made hehe). Was watching alot of movies and finally decided to get smart and figure out how to make the strings.

Page: