Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
For all you ppl who care, if you go to www.therainforest.com you can help save the rainforest just by clicking your button. You can only click once a day tho. Please, please, please help.Onelove, Thistlefirepixie smile[This message has been edited by Thistle (edited 04 December 2001).][This message has been edited by Thistle (edited 04 December 2001).][This message has been edited by Thistle (edited 04 December 2001).]

Are we nearly there yet?

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Or you could even try https://www.therainforestsite.com/cgi-bin...=ON_THS_TRS_Tab
tongueM
Non-Https Image Link
[This message has been edited by Marlboro (edited 04 December 2001).][This message has been edited by Marlboro (edited 04 December 2001).]

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Oh no i spelled it wrong. Sorry I had a heavy weekend, brain not quite functioning at full capacity. smile

Are we nearly there yet?

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
And again. I think I'll go have a lie down wink

Are we nearly there yet?

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
or you could lock yourself to a logging truck like i did. it works. https://headwaters-ef.enviroweb.org/images/tree_village/gallery.html

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
great photos phuzzz... smilecheck this site out...https://www.angelfire.com/apes/earthdream/beginning.htmlenjoy grin

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Meh

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
saving the rainforest is alot morethan cliking a buton. saving the rainforest means changing your life. encouraging multinational corporations encourages the degridation of our enviroment and our lives.WHEN YOU GO TO McDONALDS YOU ARE CUTTING DOWN TEN OLD GROWTH TREES TO MAKE ROOM FOR ANOTHER CLONED COW the same poor cow over and over. by spending your dollars on that CRAP you help pay to close the gap between government and corperations! SURE YOU MAY BE AGAINST THE WAR BUT HOW MUCH DO YOU SPEND ON GAS PAL? ALL THat money goes to the war in the form of taxes or to the oil company's owner being the bush family itself! sorry just a little anger venting just ranting to noone in particulardidn't meen to offend any oneEXCEPT YOU CAPATAKISTIC SWINE AND ALLPEOPLE WHO SUPPORT DEATH AND FEAR, YOU MONEY HUNGRY WAR MONGERS!!!!
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
[This message has been edited by phuzzz (edited 08 December 2001).]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Thistle sent her daughter to the McLibel website in an effort to put her off eating there. I don't eat in MacDonalds myself. I don't spend any money on gas (anyway it's petrol, gas is gaseous - that's how it got it's name).Don't dismiss the button clickers and all the weekend warriors so easily.If we all throw a pebble eventually we'll build mountain. You can't ignore a mountain.And don't write in capitals so much it doesn't make people want to read on. There are far more efficient, subtler ways to emphasise your points.Ok I've finished my rant now.

Meh

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
https://ninjatune.net/videos/click
on the ColdCut / Hexstatic "Timber" video download (QuickTime's best)it made me think(if you're naughty you can take a copy off your internet cache files)peace, love, but no day-glow please...pr!matep.s. Hi Thistle - sterling work, like yer style

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
sorry i wasreally mad that day. please forgive me?

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
I would never feed my child mcdonald's, beside the fact they are capatalist scum and dont pay their workers entitlements either, and all that Phuzz has mentioned, the food is crap!The pickle is only there so that their burgers arent classified as candy for the sugar content that is in them!yeah anyways, a guy in far north queensland has been sentenced to gaol for one year for logging 23 trees in a world heritage listed rain forest! Pretty impressive! Gotta show people that it wont be tolerated and that the penalties are quite extreme!But I agree with Phuzz, clicking will help to a point, but if everyone made a few small changes to their lifestyle everyday, even simple ones, like, make sure that you dont flick your ciggie butts away and dispose of them in a bin (empty film canaster is good to keep in your pocket for this when no bins around) the world would be a lot cleaner, even go so far as to conciously pick up one bit of rubbish you see, walk to work, take public transport if you can, car pool. Dont print out unecessary crap, and if you ahve to, do it double sided, or print 2 pages on one side and double side it. Very simple things really that everyone can do, and yeah then that mountain of rubbish may become a mole hill!Oh and earthdreamer, the peace bus is back on the road soon eh?!

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Only one year?!!!And what would have been the total years that those trees had been growing for? Prolly about a couple 100 years each.A story that I heard that left me in total disbelief: Some people found a tree that was the biggest of it's kind yet discovered, to measure it they cut it down! F@#kwits like these leave a bad mark on my faith in humanity.

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Prim@te - i did a video for Timber by Coldcut. An cell animation. Hand drawn. Did it on my own took me 6 months (to do a 4 and half minute track).I have no idea what happened to it (the video) after it left me though.

Meh

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I personally would rather starve than eat at Mc Donalds. But as for letting my kid eat there, I do not force my own opinions on her as I think she has to have the freedom to make her own informed choices. Which is why I sent her to the Mc Libel wesite.I know clicking a button will not save the world. If in posting this I can make one person more aware of what is going on then I have achieved something, all be it very small.Onelove, Thistlefirepixie smile

Are we nearly there yet?

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
1 year is better than nothing, and this was the first sentencing of its kind, so its a start!

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
"Mother nature started the fight for survival and now she want's to quit because she's looooosing..." -Montgomery Burns, *The Simpsons*Sorry, I'm going to hell I know, but it made me laugh. I actually had a friend down in the South American rainforest who'd send me letters describing how beautiful it is...Keep fightin' the good fight kids...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
EARTH FIRST!well screw up the other planets later.

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
No need to save the planet. The planet will be fine. It was here long before us. It will be here long after.Ah, now there's the key point. How long we're here is something to be concerned with. But many on here cannot be overly concerned with conservation. They burn fuel for entertainment. Not very conservative if you ask me. But me, I don't want to conserve. I live in America. I want to heat my home and cook my food. I want to have television and Internet. And I want to drive a car to get to my job so that I can have funds to buy my heat, food, and television. cool Speaking of food, is McD's even real beef? I thought it was something else... shockedNo offense is intended, I think saving the rainforest is a real good idea. All those trees probably have medicine and the oxygen isn't bad either. grinI hope this didn't sound nasty. I really like this topic and the cause. I just don't think it's for me.------------------"There no such thing as bad weather, only wrong clothes."Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
save the Red Maple swamp! (home of the cerulean warbler)save the southern cypress swamp! (home of red-cockaded woodpecker)Save the tidal saltmarsh and barrier beaches and islands! (home of diamond-backed terrapin and piping plover)save the tall grass prairie (home of lesser prairie chicken)save the high desert (home of golden eagles, prairie falcons)save the south-western riparian area...save water! save the ramsey canyon leopard frog!save the south-east australia tall wet sclerophyll forest (home of the sooty owl and greater glider, who probably dont appreciate those bush raves, but anyway)save the mallee...home of the mallee fowlkeep up that old-style english haying schedule and save the Corn Crake!dont eat tuna, orange roughy, and swordfish (all are overfished and endangered)pull out those exotic weeds in your garden (bittersweet, autumn olive, tree of heaven, lantana, bitou bush...) which do more harm to native plants than even land clearing...not that the rainforest isnt nice, but i know that all of you live within about 100 miles of all of these places and can do the last two things relatively easily...act locally too you know...Pere

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
dear mr/mrs earthdreamer...i am coming to nz in february. i was wondering if there are any 'areas of intrest' i should know about???? im there indefinatly so oz sites are good too! i AN A MEMBER OF aCTION DIRECTEand until sept11 i was an ef!er but now they are terrorists...

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
The rainforest is definitely in need of saving but don't let that blind you from all the things a lot closer to home which are also in dire need of attention. Recycle, re-use, don't waste and respect the world around you. If everyone helped and actually made the effort instead of just ranting about it think what a difference could be madeRos xx

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
McDonalds is the enemy.I originally stopped eating there after I realized that I felt phisicly ILL every time I ate there. Now I only touch the stuff when I'm constipated. Gets the ol' plumbing moving real quick.On another, but related, note:One of the reasons that the world is so encredibly #^&@'ed up at the moment is due to large corperations like McDonalds. Nestle (maker of the butterfinger bar) and other corperations like Boisie Cascade (a lumber and paper producer) have been rumered to be slaughtering the indigionous peoples of Mexico (Chipas indians, if I remember correctly. A people who's blood is, to this day untouched by Anglo or Spanish blood) so that they can build factories for less money. People dieing so that I can eat a candy bar. Screw that!The American economy has, in the last 50 years, gone from being completely dependant on production, to being completely dependant on consumption. Because of this every time we elect a Republican Presedent or BinLadin sneezes, our stock market crashes, and the economy takes a crap. Large corperations are literally distroying the world. I'm really getting tired of watching the world I live in spinning down the toilet. But every thing is corperate, so what do you do?BOYCOT EVERYTHING!!!---------------The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the United States is the Babylon of the book of revelations; and that our leader is pulling us into the wars prohicised in the book of Daniel. Woe is to come in the end times.[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 16 December 2001).]

Jesus helps me trick people.