retro_goddessmember
1 post

Posted:
hello people! My name is Nicole. I've been practicing poi for 2 days and I am soooo sore! I have two bruises on my legs, a bruise on my stomach when I got the breath knocked out of me, my shoulders and arms are really stiff and sore, but most of all...I love it! When I stumbled on this site and looked around, I was amazed when how unique and beautiful this style of dance is. Hopefully I'll be buying the video soon and showing my friends my new steps! =)------------------Video games don't affect kids. If pacman affected us as kids, we'd be running around darkened rooms, munching pills, and listening to repitive music.

Insert Signature_ __Here__ _

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
retro_goddess glad to see you have picked up some poi. I think it too is a lovely style of _dance_ and enjoy doing it myself. I have been doing it for almost 2 years now.Just like to say welcome to the board.In regards to your bruises don't go so hard, just take it easy, you don't was to strain yourself. ------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
erm, it seems slightly poignant that in your signature you misspelled repetitive.You missed an e out! grin (and an i and a t - but that's not funny)

Meh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Welcome to the board..and if you want to avoid bruising, stop using bricks on chains as pracice poi! smileget some small soft toys and use them....no way you will get bruising from them! smileaww c'mon Katinca, its not dancing! next you will be telling me that yo-yo is dancing winkJosh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Isn't yo-yo a panda?Does she dance then?

Meh

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
only if shes got string tied around her neck..

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Yo-yo is also a world famous cellist.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oh yes good point. Yo-Yo Ma. He was on Sesame Street.

Meh

Geamember
2 posts

Posted:
Hi ReTrO_GoDDnEss....(my english isnt good but i hope you can understand me)I know what you said, the PoI its GrEaT (this place too) I have been doing it for 4 months and i can stop.GeaSeE YoU SooN PiRoAmiGoS

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Panda's are fairly hefty animals - maybe a Red Panda would be better as they're smaller and cuter? Or a cello...The strings are already attatched. Or a cellist on a string (do the world a favour)Or a ......I'll stop.------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble I have only one burning desire....let me stand next to your fire

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude