Page:
smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
i notice everyone always says to twirl to misic, more often that not drumbs. does anyone know a cd that plays this type of music? a cd from most music stored?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000103.htmlit's
page three of this board, towards the bottom, entitled "music" (I think).

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
thanks again flash fire, ur always helping me in my posts, dam ur quickthe pages gave me ideas, but i was looking for the name of a druming cd, so i can go and buy one[This message has been edited by smitty (edited 31 January 2001).]

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
as Pele advised, "For those who like drums Mickie Hart's Planet Drum cd/tape is amazing!!!!!!! He gathered some of the most reknowned drummers from around the world and went nuts! You'll love it!"I have heard of this, but not actually heard it myself. I have one drumming CD called Rythm Hunter, but really find it either too slow of too off-beat for spinning.If you do find something perfect, let me know!flash fire

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Ho 'bout some Japanese Taiko drumming?And if you interested than who better to turn to than KodoTry the 'Best of Kodo CD'- you can probably get it no problem and just checked and amazon stock it, so most other mail order co's prolly do to.Kat------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Zeduahmember
11 posts

Posted:
Thank you to Kat for the Taiko drumming, I can very easily see myself spinning to some of it....

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
hey for cool middle eastern drums, get drumsongs for dancers by uncle mafufo.you can order it from fatchance belly danceat https://www.fcbd.comvery
happy!Peregrine

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
klezmer music is fun to dance to

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
i usually listen to trance(a type of techno for those who dont know) while i swing.

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Okay, since Flash Fire took my other suggestion wink (thanks for that!!!!!)I will also suggest for Native beats there is "Yeha Noha: Sacred Spirits" which is a great tape as well as a really cool one called "Fire Prayer"...appropriate and primal.Hadn't thought about Asian drums but since we are on that one..what about the group Sodaiko? They are fantastic drummers...I have had the pleasure of seeing them live and wow...they weild their drumsticks like short staves at times!Or how about the Peruvian/Brasillian style drums? Inca Son has a few good songs but I'd Napster them before I bought the cd's since some of thier music is really slow, but nice.Also, Celtic drums get going really well so that might work as well. Renaissance Pub songs....the Bohdran beat is great and fast.I think that's it. There are so many drum beats...I say mp3 and experiment before purchasing anything definite.I am still holding to Mickie Harts Planet Drum being the best kick-ass compilation though!!!!I also want to say you don't have to have music. I spin alot to the audience clapping or just to hear the roar of the fire. Music just adds a different and fun element to it.Either way, May everyone find the perfect beat for them!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 01 February 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Pele mentioned Celtic drums - definitely fab to Poi to. I have mentioned them before but I will again - Kila - a brilliant Irish band, check out their cd Tog e go Bog e, there is some great bodhran playing and other fantastic instumentals. Also try 'Pure Bodhran - the definitive collection'which I have heard is excellent and has a lot of great bodhran players Hope that helpsGo nEirigh an bothar leat (may the road rise to meet you!)Kat------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

spiffspiffmember
52 posts

Posted:
blue man group

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
yeah i usually listen to trance/techno stuff too. i like that type of music. its great for swinging, and also glowsticking.-Hapes-Nova, raver

Alexlexexmember
24 posts

Posted:
Trance is good, I like to swing to power metal cool like helloween, iced earth, jag panzer and stuff, and Russian music like sektor gaza grin

NY FirebatsA shirt that is soaked in fuel burns very nicely. - Not By Me

pengwynmember
1 post

Posted:
Ozric Tentacles - The hidden step is nice and trancy to poi to. I'll have a go at the Taiko, sounds pretty manic!

o-omember
78 posts

Posted:
industrial & ebm:the harder, the better winko-ops 'jesus built my hotrod'ding a ling dang your dingaling poi things

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
ak1200- drum and bass. download from napster. and bad boy bill. and oakenfold.

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Ok depending on my mood I twrill to different forms of tecno. If I want a flowing freeform style I go with trance ( tomas michael, okenfold, digweed) if I wand a faster hyper style I go with house or new energy ( jon bishop, sandra collins, bad boy bill) or if im in the mood for a trible feel I go with jungle of drum & base (dara, ak 1200, desel boy) I hope that helps.Ps if you just want to check out some great music i recomend all of these DjsLove to allRave_n

adrianmember
58 posts

Posted:
i usualy listen to TooL or seven dust but thats just the kinda music im into,,,,plus its bassy, but if you know anyonw who does capowara(the brazilion martial arts/dance)....sorry for spelling, get them to get some of the music they practice to,,,,,its tops for just mellow spinning trying new moves to. its not too fast.------------------ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...

ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...

adrianmember
58 posts

Posted:
i usualy listen to TooL or seven dust but thats just the kinda music im into,,,,plus its bassy, but if you know anyonw who does capowara(the brazilion martial arts/dance)....sorry for spelling, get them to get some of the music they practice to,,,,,its tops for just mellow spinning trying new moves to. its not too fast.------------------ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...

ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
MAY MUZIK OF CHOICE TO SPINN TO IS DEFINATELY TRANCE OR DEEP TECHNO. ALTHOUGH WHEN THERE AREN'T ANY DJ'S PLAYING AT THE LOCAL POI/JUGGLING CLUB A GROUP OF DRUMMERS USUALLY COME DOWN. I FIND THERES SOMETHING VERY TRIBAL ABOUT SPINNING FIRE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT WHILE LISTENING TO A DOZEN DRUMMERS DRUMMING PHATT TRIBAL RHYTHEMS. WHEN NOT LISTENING TO REALLY SUBLIMINAL TRANCE ITS DEFFINATELY THE ONLY OTHER WAY TO GO. DEPENDS ON WHAT MOOD YOUR IN THOUGH I GUESS!?!

choochmember
8 posts

Posted:
while listening to trance or nu-NRG,i'm often eager to swing a poi smile nu-NRG is like a mixture of trance and hard house like lab4.japanese are called it so.

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
yeap i love spinning to trance wink - the thing is it's not just because i like trance (i like so many different types of music smile) but because the beat has the right speed for my spinning - it's really strange but even the weight of your poi and the way you spin might influence the choice of your swinging music, especially if you like lots of types of music...it's all about the beat grin (ok that's probably not entirely true; i do like to swing to instrumental,atmospheric (i bet this sounds really weird in English but i cannot think of the correct word now smile) music with little or no beat at all...it depends on my mood too - Enigma have a few nice songs for swinging...happy swinging,Simos

Matt Hippymember
7 posts

Posted:
Rah,rah,rah!!!!!!!!!!Spin away my dears,,,,right now we have just one chance to make a difference...there is a revolution comming but it is up to you weather yu join in or not...it has to be a revolution of love and peace...violence does not work....watch this space people...something has to change......!!!!!!!

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
..............?

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
................................? smile

choochmember
8 posts

Posted:
oops!i wrote that "japanese are called it so" before but it's mistake that "japanese call it so".mmm...have to study english more tongue year! i like trance,especially goa trance.it makes me going mad.

ChloeBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
Matt hippy... What do you see changing? I'm interested, i spose this should have been a email direct to you, reply that way if u like, u know my address.Chloe

Chloe.
-I'm dancing through the fire just to catch a flame-
Paul Weller

Trickymember
33 posts

Posted:
I usually go for the trance / techno music to dance to. Check out www.flame.co.nz for a few good tunes.------------------Keep it Spinning

TrickySmile at a stranger!

gάrbǿ²addict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
I am a Drum and Bass man myself. Feel the Sunshine by Alex Reece, Nicepeace out garbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

skechadamember
8 posts

Posted:
Great recommendations. Gotta go check out those japanese drums. Talvin Singh also has some great ambient-ish india-based stuff (Best of Asia something). And that new Enigma on Napster (erotic dreams or something) is good too. For the napster heads with high bandwith, grab Paul Oakenfold's set from Cuba, parts 1 & 2 from Radio One. It's great from start to finish. While I think that live drummers (like about 8-10 djembe players, all moderately sober) are the best, I agree it all depends on what you want to spin (fire, glow, etc.) and how fast/what tempo you want to give it. Just my $.02. Glad to hear the great insight for other music...take careskechada

Page: