Forums > Social Chat > wonders of a different scene

Login/Join to Participate

Esrika_dmember
13 posts

Posted:
you know ...its really amazes me sometimes when you leave the place you've always been andg o somewhere new, not forgetting your poi or fire of course!, and interacting with others who've been doing things longer or better than you, and through some reason reason, maybe the change of place maybe the new friends you met, your own skill improves dramatically and you find yourself doing tricks that you never even though possible for you.Its exillarating in the least and highly recommended! smile ------------------

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well said.

Meh

Esrika_dmember
13 posts

Posted:
thanks Cantus...just relating to a recent expriance of mine when I left taiwan where I have been a lonely twirler for the most partand I went to thailand for a few days. I learnt more tricks in two days than I did in like two months.I was really stoked !!------------------

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
The experience of twirling with new people, combined with the excitement and openness of a new place is sure to imbue your spinning with renewed vigour and creativity.Translation : Indeed!I've popped up to Leeds a couple of times recently and met a couple of excellent poi people who helped me heap loads!

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
i know that i have learned a ton of new poi moves since i moved from seattle to hilo. i think a major part of it though is that hilo is pretty boring and i got in the habit of twirling to amuse myself and pass the time.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I learnt some wicked new double staff moves in the front room of someones house on Saturday afternoon. I think I was more confident because, despite the fact that i was only practising, I was getting lots of encouragement from various people gathered there. Encouragement I dont usually get as at home I practise on my own.

Meh