Forums > Social Chat > COL2, what's the verdict?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
ooooh! I stay away for a month (been too busy working) and come back only to find the new vid's done and dusted! Obviously I ordered it straight away, then came over to the forum to hear what people are saying about it. But... no topics! Hasn't anyone seen it yet?Can't wait...

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
when are you sending videos to the contributors?I'd like to purchase COL1, and if you could enclose all 3 tapes together and save some shipping cost that would be nice...------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
I was hoping I could pay for COL1, and you could put it in the same package saving shipping costs and stuff.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Anyone recieved theirs yet?We gotta wait prolly til the end of the week before i receive mine!

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I think Frenz, that you and shortly after I will be the first ppl outside of NZ to see it. smile(we are the closest country to NZ air freight wise..I think?)Josh

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
yeah i thought there might have been a few nzers around. im just being impatient again!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Maybe they're too awed to speak.No news is good news etc (unless there's some form of strike action at the printers. In which case no news in necessary and should be endured until all demands are met or an adequate compromise can be reached).

Meh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
still havent got my copy...I hope I hope I hope it comes in the afternoons mail...I think it might be tied up in our internal mail system smileI hope i get it for the weekend!Josh

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
I went over to pozees and watched some parts of it and I sure am glad people have advanced. It was a good movie, very entertaining. The cover is one of the shirt designs and the best one at that. Sage was good, I think she won cause the ass shot, but that's my own oppinion. She was good, I'll admit that, I think if pozee entered with a real clip he may have won. Bassman... PROPS!!! You are the shit at juggling, awesome!!! Your switches were nice but I didn't like the super jumps, or whatever they were. Nice back flip (wink wink)as I said, I haven't sen it all but I'm looking forward to it. I just watched the people I was looking forward to. Robert michael, you little lurker, I liked you're COL1 performance better. You seemed to flow nicer in that one then in COL2, just a little constructive criticism. Great to watch none the less.Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Jealous jealous.... I still haven't received my copy.For the record, my favorite clip on COL1 was Robert Michael. Very smooth, flows perfectly. I wish it was a little brighter to see your body movements more.Damn snail mail...Nomad

flaming_madmember
34 posts

Posted:
I still haven't got mine yet, but I can already say that I am going to like COL2 video because I'm in it! wink I don't know how long I'm in it. Maybe only 30 seconds, but I'll take what I can get!!!!

flaming_madmember
34 posts

Posted:
Who was the winner of staff in COL1 video? Jo Derry from the UK was the poi winner.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i got my copies of the movie yesterday and i liked it. there was a lot of very talented twirlers on there. it was cool to match it up to people i see here on this site. kudos to everyone...if anybody cares to see my video the right way, just play it while fast forwarding. wink

anyone got a light?

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
urgh. my copies still haven't arrived, the courier company screwed up >:[ i might never see them!i had a lot of problems with filming for this one. ended up sending in about 20 minutes worth of stuff, most of it being crap, just ran out of time to do anything really decent film-wise.i hope you're all coming to the big gathering in 2003. it'll be nice to have a big burn-fest > grin~

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I just got my copy. First of all, I want to thank Malcolm for putting it together--it's a great asset for twirlers in general. There's a lot of talent on there, a lot of different styles, and it is fun putting faces to familiar names.It's fun to watch just as entertainment, and I know I'll be studying "how did he/she do that?" as well. And maybe next time, I'll send in a submission.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Yea! Malcolm is (once again) officialy the man. Oh yes, once again...no, wait, that is not quit all...the COL2 video is like an "order of magnitude" better than the first one, and I liked the first one. Ya know what I'm sayin'? I only have one problem, I know it is an hour long, but it only seems like ten minutes tops. They say "time flies when you are having fun" but this is rediculus. I just watched it twice (in a row). Oh, wait, I forgot to mention the music, VERY NICE, hypnotic, heck, I still got that song (that starts at Cassandra) stuck in my head (and liking it!). scale of 1-10.... its a 12.Good job, Malcolm...you da man!

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Oh yea, I forgot to mention. I realy like the "gratuitouse" slow motion shots! Some things you just cant see unless it is slow-mo, and it tends to be breath taking when it is used in the right places during a run (which, luckily, there were a lot of opportunities to use).

flaming_madmember
34 posts

Posted:
I got my video today and I was impressed. I think this is better then COL1 video. I hope next year we can have a COL3 competition. It would be exciting to see how much talent/ performance skills improve in a year.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I believe the next competition is around April/May.

Meh

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I got my copy this morning, and although I only had enough time to watch the first few people before I had to go to work, it's damn good so far.I've got a hell of a long way to go before I'm anywhere near that good, but at least now I have something to aim for smile------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
so, whats the deal? hasn't anybody else seen it?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
katinca and I got it today, and will watch it tonight. comments tomorrow.Josh

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Only had a chance to watch through quickly once, will no doubt be seeing it a few more times, loves Sage's bit from the top of my head and cant remember a lot of names to go with the bits....cassandra i thought looked very sexy twirling and loved the ring of candles around her!But as i watch each set more closely ill elt you know. Perhaps ill take a pen and paper and do some close examination :P

djrubiomember
3 posts

Posted:
Can't wait to get mines too!! I never saw the first one, so I'm excited to see some twirlin grin and hopefully learn some moves too..hehee..*crossing his fingers it'll come in tommorow*-DJ Rubio

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Can't wait to hear more comments. (:PLURRCRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
Got mine today! Only had time to whiz through it once before work, but wow! Jaw dropping stuff! VAST improvement over the first vid in terms of vid-quality, performances and music.I alternated between awe at the outstanding skills on display and despair that I shall never be that good! Huge respect to all.And as for Sage... words fail me, a well deserved winner! Awesome routine.PS I got my first ballchains in the same package, wahey! Spent 10 minutes deliberately trying to tangle them and watching them separate themselves again. Joy!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Grrrrr, mine arrived today but as I bought on behalf of someone else for Xmas I have to wait to watch it...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
the new vid rocks....Everyone has improved alot.I still think both vids are good tho - there were some elements on COL1 that were under represented on COL2 (double staves for eg)Josh

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
I thought the guy from BC doing double staves was good, simple moves, but he did them well and kept the staves moving together.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Sage kicked our ass!!! I have never seen anyone spin like that before...I have a bruise on my chin from it hitting the ground. I can only hope that I will be that good after spinning as long as she has. And the song "uplift me" how apropriat (and I mean that in the most innocent manner possible). I think John is in love, and I know I am! grinJohn: "get back man!" Dan: "she's mine!" John: "I saw her first"Dan: "but she loves me!" winkDaniel Tyler

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
I watched parts of the video last night and have to join the crowd saying that Sage is amazing. She's not as dancey as I expected but technically she's very impressive.I thought Cassandra was very graceful, very pleasant to watch. And the video from nyc people is very cool.As for us Boston people, Malcolm made a mistake. When the video says Nomad, it's me (crappy part by the way). When the video says Dr. Spin, it's actually Code128 that is spinning. And when the video says Code128, it's me again! So poor Dr. Spin is not on there....Nomad

Page: