Forums > Social Chat > Number of Poi Vs. Staff?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
This Sponge is a staff artist, though I play around with poi if one of my friends happens to have one with him/her.Im just wondering what the ratio is of Staff and Poi.. and how many people do both regularly?Just wondered that when I saw how much more posts their are for poi than for Staff moves.------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
erm, it's a....wait a minute. You're trying to trick me aren't you?

Meh

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
mmm, i have my two practice staffs and my set of practice poi, and my set of poi that i attach my glowsticks onto, i hadnt touched my staffs in a while, but i just started playing with them in earnest the other day again...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Yeah - you got me grinNah seriously is it way beyond explanation? Or is there a some way of defining it - not an electroglow is it? Come on - strain, pusshhhh... wink

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
mmmm, electro glow *drools*No, it's not an electro glow. I'm seriously beginning to doubt the existance of them. When were they last in the shop? Early April perchance? Around the 1st.....The 5th staff is a peice of sh!t homemade glow thing. I made it when I first started out. I'd never seen anyone spinning firestaff at that point so I set out to make a UV reactive one that I could take to free parties etc.I came so close as well.Unfortunately, the resultant staff, is heavy, ungainly and has an odd centre of balance.Whilst, it is a tad UV reactive and has that stuff they put on roadsigns to make them catch the light on it too, it's an awkward thing to lug about.So now it's kind of my practice one. Because it's so heavy I use it mainly for endurance training.In this capacity it has served to greatly improve my finger strength - enabling me to fingerspin indefinitely - and inordinately improved my contact spinning - I think the weight makes it easier to contact spin with much less effort.Oh and I had to shear the tails of it as i got fed up with explaining why i had whip marks on my face all the time.------------------C@ntusIn the past, the fools would pay, to see the freaks of the day. The contradictions of the norm. The bizarre, the wonderful and deformed.No need for the tents and the cages now. The wool is over our eyes. In front the TV circus - a freakshow in disguise.

Meh

GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
Seems like everyone is either into staff or getting into it... so why in the world is there so many more posts in the Poi moves section?hmmmmmmm...------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Thanks Cantus.Sponge - the staff forum is newer than the poi one, but it took off pretty quick!Has anyone ever noticed how much their homemade toys resemble the people that made them??.....(heh heh - ungainly with an odd centre of balance!! tongue)------------------Courage is the man who can stop after just one peanut

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
hmmmm...for myself i haven't gotten into staff yet but double staff seems quite appealing...for my personal fav's ratio would be fans to poi3 feather fans1 metal fan1 paper fan1 fire fan1 fire fan in the process of building---7 pairs of fans total1 fabric practice poi1 radioactive glowing squid practice poi1 towel poi---3 pairs of poi totalso there you have it 7:3 preference ratio smileP

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
Guys while i was in port douglas they have some festival for dodgy beer can floats and chicks hanging off of trucks wearing not much at all BUT i did see a young boy about 9 years old on an 8ft unicycle twirling double stix in the parade...yeah man...i was so impressed...this little guy doing it up...we ended up busking with him and his little sister who balanced on a huge red ball while twirling a single staff...those kids were cool...

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
by the way...i love my 4inch poi...and i have recently been twirling stix and de doubles...i want more! waa ahh ahhhhhh! addictive fire toys...does anyone twirl wth a stick thats say...hhmmm, 8-10 inches of wick on each end and just your regular grip in the middle? yes, expensive stick but fat sexy flames!!Dreamer..xx

HappyStickermember
42 posts

Posted:
:::::raises hand for poi ::::::

If you had a friend that was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down the street and he just fell over......that would be unacceptable.

tripwirechickmember
4 posts

Posted:
well right now i'm still just on poi, but i want to try staff...just for variation and stuff smile

and those that were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

**SMILEY**member
6 posts

Posted:
Single fire staff user only..hoping to get my hands on doubles soon.------------------"Let's just say I was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. That's all it was: just curiosity." (Morrison in Los Angeles, 1969)

Let's just say I was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. That's all it was: just curiosity. (Morrison in Los Angeles, 1969)

Page: