Forums > Social Chat > canadian planning trip to NZ/OZ need help!

Login/Join to Participate

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
as i save my pennies for my eventual trip to nz i try to envision what i'll be doing with my time... but dont no squat about nz. although my first stop will be the hardware store to buy a staff after that i'm lost!where should i go looking for parties/fire/pot/music/food/friends/usedbooks and stuff? where's the best view from? anyone have a cheap van for sale?thxphuzzzie

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Try giving us some dates and areas and there may be a slightly better response.The best view is from the skytower but you have to stand with a pile of yuppies and go through a posh uppercrust restaurant to see it. Otherwise the best view is from Rangitoto, or the Southern Alps or just anywhere in the south island or...or...or...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
are you going to visit australia too? what time of year? duration of trip? budgetary constraints?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
you can stay with Katinca and I (if we are still in OZ by the time you get here) smileJosh

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
i headed over in about a month and im staying as long as i can legally get away with. i have $ for my plane ticket, a van/home and food for a month. im saving my change for haveagoodtimemoney. i have no clue about geography in that part of the world but im landing at sydney oz and just wandering with my back till i find a nice van. no other plans but i like to move around alot!i am an inventor, and love to create visually stunning toys especially using fire. toys i make are wonderful at festivalsand gatherings... im wondering if there any large congrigations of drummers, dancers, djs,firedancers that i should losely plan my trip around ish where do all the hippies go? is now a good time to be there? weather? where's the action. any tips for hitching?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
well, you've certainly come to the right place to ask these questions.I'm in sydney and am part of a fire performance troupe called The Wick Effect. We have gatherings every wednesday night in Newtown, which is quite close to Sydney CBD.I am fairly well involved with the 'hippy' community and can point you in the direction of promoters, performers, DJ's, drummers, dykes, fags, dealers etc....DON'T HITCH HIKE IN AUSTRALIA.email me... I can provide a lot of info on all your questions for you.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.