Forums > Social Chat > I'm one of those new people...

Login/Join to Participate

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
...I just wandered in here the other day. Just like to say hello to everyone. I'm Kolong or Ronan....or anything else you might want to call me winkI just started practising fire dancing, or fire twirling, the other day. Found myself a couple of shoe laces, and some old socks. Since then I have been battering my lampshade to pieces.I'm a student over in Galway, for those of you who don't know it, it's on the west coast of Ireland. I first saw a girl fire dancing about a month or two ago at a beach party. And I was fascinated.Just wondering if theres anyone about that does fire dancing over here, in Galway or down in West Cork (thats where I'm from originally). I'm looking for someone to show me the ropes, just the basic things, and to tell me what I'm doing wrong, etc.Well there we goSee you people later------------------Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP Kolong!! :-) I don't know as anyone here from the Emerald Isle, but check out 'Meet Others.' Check the lessons on here and the The Art of Poi vid as well, they helped me loads.M
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, and our manhood" Carlos Castenada

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Welcome to the board, Kolong !ENJOY !!!! smileshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Hellloooooo, hope your enjoying the twirling I certainly am since I have just met a new twirling buddy, well good luck to ya Kalong smile.------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

FirePoi-boymember
71 posts

Posted:
Hey Ronan,How ya doing? I live in Bantry down in Cork. If you're ever around I'm up for a spin most times.Sam

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I was in Galway a couple of years ago, beautiful place. I had my first Irish pint of Guinness in Galway, so much better there then what they try to pass off as Guinness here in the states. Anyway, good luck with the fire. I started a few months ago, and every question I've had there was on answer for somewhere on this website. Good luck.

Jesus helps me trick people.

digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
anychance anyone on here is from PA (northeast preferably)..? i know 0 people that spin around here..then again im only 15 and cant go anywhere.. hehe.. frown *sigh*

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Cheers for the welcomes everyone.Sam, I'm from near Clonakilty, do you know Timoleague? But I'm not around that area often these days cause of college up here in Galway.I gotta run now, time for some lecturesLater later

FirePoi-boymember
71 posts

Posted:
I know timoleague vaguely. i've benn there once. Also a mate of mine from Dunmanway (although i have'nt talked to him in ages) had friends in Timoleague. His name is Danny. Hes in Galway at the moment as well. You know him?Sam

happyoncrackmember
1 post

Posted:
northeast pa huh digital....thats my part of the planet. i havent been able to find anyone here that spins either. maybe it as to do with the fact i live in the woods. hmmm. anyway maybe we can spin sometime, maybe learn something new. ------------------"he thrusts his fists against the post and still insists he sees the ghosts"

he thrusts his fists against the post and still insists he sees the ghosts

digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
dushore eh? .. never heard of that place.. hehe.. ever hear of hazleton..? (yes they messed the spelling up of it.. smile

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ooh ooh ooh, *;ooks all excited* I know Clonakilty and Dunmanway. Cork is my most favouritest place in the world. In fact I'd be living there right now if it wasn't for the nightlife being better in Sheffield.Oh and the girls have such a wonderful accent.....*wanders off to be fickle elsewhere*

Meh

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Hey Sam,are you talking about Danny Pullin? Danny with the red hair Danny? Danny and Rosie? grin I'm good friends with him. Hmmmm maybe I've met you before, you also friends of Rory, Roman and Jake?Well this is pretty freaky, what are the chances of that?Small world indeed[This message has been edited by Kolong (edited 01 December 2001).]

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
digital : do you know the printmark building in hazelton?? My uncle owns it... also my parents work there. :-)