Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I dunno - we get thru the first lot of qualifying by winning nearly all of our games and then 1 loss and we don't get a chance in the World Cup. Whilst a team that loses a whole bunch of games and gets a second chance because they were 5th in their section, wins one game and gets in. I'm bitter frownMeanwhile - the rain is playing havoc on the cricket. Australia in fine form and we don't get a chance to hammer NZ cos of the weather *sigh* tongueoh well - 's'only sport 8)------------------Tomorrow - the day before two days from now

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
don`t worry bendy soon SA will come to play cricket there and then u can see the aussies loose some more.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I'm actually really looking forward to that - it gets boring watching test matches finish in 3 or 4 days! Aust, SA and Windies are my favourite teams - although I want Aust to win!! The cricket last summer was so one sided it was dull. Mind you, I doubt we'll have too much trouble dispatching SA in the tests.

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
well you neva know considering we just beat India on their home ground which hardly any other team has done... and we killing them in the test here... cept its raining...

KingPoimember
6 posts

Posted:
I really like your attitude on that on Chakan. Being a South African myself I will be supporting that match. I am going back to SA on 10 December after over a year in the UK. Drop me an e-mail, maybe we can spin together sometime.

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
KingPoi: cool man!! thats a definate!! will be looking forward to the spinning and the test!!

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Well the cricket didn't exactly turn out like I wanted - but I tipped the tests right!Anyways, I thought I would revive this topic to see what people thought of the Aussie speed skater winning a gold medal! That is the funniest thing I have ever seen!!For those who didn't see it, he made the final (5 people) and was coming last, but on the last lap all 4 of the other competitors fell and he won! Ridiculous!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I saw that too - just shows perseverance (sp?) pays off in the end smileI've just got back from skiing in Austria and watching all the winter sports on telly is infuriating - wish I was still on the slopes frown

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank