Forums > Social Chat > Trailing + Hair = OUCH!

Login/Join to Participate

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Just a public service announcement for those of you budding fire trailers... Don't do it where you're hairy. I've been doing it for long enough to know that it burns the hair off. What I didn't know was that if you trail where there's even peach fuzz, it will light and stay lit longer than you want to...I tried painting on my arm and chest... VERY cool looking... Except when my chest wouldn't go out. That part kinda sucked... but I've got a nice hairless patch on my stomach now so I can fearlessly trail away on the balder spots on my body...So if you're going to trail... either burn or shave the peach fuzz off FIRST before trying a saturated trailing wick.(Yeah, yeah Pele, you told me not to trail where there's hair but you didn't tell me WHY! I figured it was just because you didn't want me to have bald patches all over my body...)Also, I've heard that if you shave off hair, it grows in thicker. If you wax off hair or use electrolysis it comes in thinner. What happens if you burn off hair? I guess I'll find out... smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
There go my plans of trailing on my arse, and lighting my second wick via blue flambé... wink

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
What, don't you shave your ass like everyone else, Bendy?

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
NYC, keep me posted on the hair growing thing, I might want to try trailing if no hair grows afterwards winkBy the way can anybody PLEASE tell me why on earth my dad shaved part of his leg when he was 12 yo or so just for fun and his hairs NEVER grew back ?? frown Jealous Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh, it certainly grows back... Having stubble on my arm is one thing, having stubble on only one side of my half naked stomach is something COMPLETELY weird though.I can say that it is really good at removing peach fuzz but not as effective as getting a close shave on the thicker hair... Looks like you're going to have to reach back there with a razor Bendy... smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Cassandra - let me guess; your father shaved his shins? My dad has tha same problem but we reckon it's down to the number of wool/abrassive suits he wears. The 'swishing' of the trousers as he walks negates any hair growth although the effect wears off during 'short trouser' season!Highly embarrasing when on holidayas a child, I seem to remember!

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Oh, Don't you even go there NYC!!!!!I told you and Peregrine that hair singes and smells nasty when burning. What did you think I meant by the term burning, that it would just fall off???? tongueSheesh, and you're the Chem teacher trying to enlighten the youth of our world! I am frightened! winkBtw...so that you all know, for electrolosis it can take up to ten years for the hair to stop coming back, after weekly turned monthly visits. Waxing opens pores and so should be done at least a day before trailing. Shave and then apply lotion to prevent brush burns to "delicate" skin. And haven't you ever heard of Nair????? Nice, easy, painless hair removal system. It even comes in a nice raspberry scent! grinIt's times like these, discussions of hairy chests and asses, makes me very happy I am a woman! smile ------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Hmm I think waxing may be the way - should be careful with that blue flambé I mentioned - don't want any blowback blushhee heeadamrice - why would I want to shave my donkey?!

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I was going to ask about the donkey. But last time i did that bendy kid came along and made some inane....... o. It's you!

Meh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
DONT wax, it sucks...

anyone got a light?

Drakienmember
49 posts

Posted:
*bump*Hmmm... does anyone else think burnt hair smells like popcorn?Albeit *burnt* popcorn.No?Just me then...

Posh ravers wear ties.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Burnt hair smells of burnt hair.You must be thinking of burnt popcorn.Do you wear popcorn on your head?

Meh

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
ack, burnt hair smell is disgusting, and Cantus is right, it only smells like on thing, and that would be burning hair. And it still smells even after its stopped burning, but the burnt hair looks cool, it almost looks like theres little knobs at the tips of the hair, and yeah, im gonn stop talking now...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
lol yeah Whiffle. :P Seems as if those "knobs" dont go away for awhile either. I've decided that this is the easiest way to tell if someone is a fire performer/deals with fire. Look at their hands/arms. Look closely at the hairs..if they have those little white knobs at the top, they their hair has been burnt. :P All my knucle hairs look like this, as well as most of the under-sides of my arms. I wouldnt dare try to trail across my hairy stomach. Wouldn't want to end up with a bare-patch like NYC :P------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hehe - and you guys think burning a few hairs smells bad...try burning dreads! not only do they smell like a LOT of burnt hair, they keep smelling that way even after you go home and try to wash it away...moral?dont burn your hair!Josh-Cantus, I dont think you are supposed to be smoking that popcorn.... wink