poiwondermember
21 posts

Posted:
I wrote a little something, just thought i'd share it. Here goes:Hey chicky chick, check slick Nik flick sick trick as he whips glow sticks and lit wicks. His wrists twist with quickness while he flips kids who mimick his trick list. Spin, spin look at him win the grins of twin slims when he bounces his poi off of each of his shins to trim rythms that go blim blim. They swoop the air and scoop the stares, kids, beware his loops have flare. This kids got his moves fluid, like liquid, viddy this quick some of this shits hid. If you see what he did you know its wicked, its sick, kid, watch the wicks' spin, it looks grim for him as the flames burn thin and grow dim. Gotta get the tin and dip 'em in parafin before he twirls again, THE END.Just thought that'd be a little amusing.anyone else got any good(a matter of oppinion I'm sure) poi poems?

Hey chicky chick, check slick Nik flick sick tricks with glow sticks and lit wicks real quick!...;) (IM:cmsnr grdn)

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
nice one! smilecheck the Poi-etry in Motion thread!------------------Tomorrow - the day before two days from now

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
puts some beats to this and a aussie mc and you got urself a bit of a first class single there...hey we could make the worlds first hip hop poi album..hey, i'd buy it..holl

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
grin

Drakienmember
49 posts

Posted:
smile Good work with the Dr. Zeuss/NWA crossover. The "Poi-etry in Motion" thread consisted almost entirely of limericks which, while undoubtedly good, are less suited to the rythmic and fluid movements of poi than that other poetic form - the haiku.I think. Talk about long winded. So:__Haiku__Fire flash in sky.Trapped demons on the metal Cut away the cold.It's always cold in England... smile------------------'Only ever use the pink kind...'

Posh ravers wear ties.

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Here's a poem I wrote about how I discovered fire spinning smileFIREIt started when out I sent a prayer.To God? To Void? To Both? To Neither? I prayed to become more aware,of how to best move through this ether. And later, someone said to methat in a desert close to MexicoI would find my destiny.I believed their words, and said I'd go. It took three tries to get down there.Years past before I was prepared,but in the end, the desert's whereI saw fruition of that prayer.For in the desert did I dance quite free,and a voice came into me and said,"I have the secret to your destiny."IT'S SPINNING FIRE AROUND YOUR HEAD.""What's this?" Said I,"A voice in me?"No sound. No form, yet I have heard"Why, this could be insanity."How do I know that I can trust these words?The answer, "You don't."All you can do,"Is give it a try, and look, and see"If doing what I tell you to,"Brings forth good fruit from life's good tree."(Then in a whisper)"But if you let me be your guide,"This fire will burn away your pride,"And teach you to serve all the tribes,"As we free the planet's soul to fly."...That was but eight months ago. I've followed that voice, it's teaching me well.I have some tricks, which I can show,and a story about faith, which I can tell. And I have some advice,it's trust not those,who say life has no meaning, and war is our fate,for such beliefs in their world shows,what such beliefs tend to create. No, I think I would suggest instead,to trust the voice inside your head,that speaks of a time when we'll unite,in search of peace and grace and light. For if you find and follow that voice,You'll discover truths of unspeakable worth.You need only be willing to make the choice,to unite yourself,with all the earth. Peace,Nick

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Poiwonder, that was amusing! grin You flow exactly like Eminem, and that's not an insult. wink------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
We gotta get poiwonder a live mc/firespinning gig smile

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

poiwondermember
21 posts

Posted:
aw, you guys. Yeah, after i reviewed it it did sound a bit Eminemish, especially the whole "quickness...trick list" line. now if only i could put that to a beat and spin at the same time, i'm thinking jungle is the way to go with that, or something. Unfortunately I can only write the flow, i can't throw it(i have a goofy white boy voice). But at least it amuses you, heck maybe i'll write another one when i get bored at work or something.

Hey chicky chick, check slick Nik flick sick tricks with glow sticks and lit wicks real quick!...;) (IM:cmsnr grdn)

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
With apologies to The Prodigy boys grinFiretwirler:(to the tune of Firestarter by The Prodigy)I'm the trouble starter, lighting up the kevlar.I'm the fuel addicted, flame illuminated.I'm a firetwirler, twisted firetwirler,You're the firetwirler, twisted firetwirler.Desire can't be sated, wicks are saturated.Thirst must wait til later, can't twirl intoxicatedI'm a firetwirler, twisted firetwirler,you're the firetwirler, twisted firetwirler.I'm the unrestricted, toy decorator. (?!)I'm kero scented, bruises show up later.I'm a firetwirler, twisted firetwirler,you're the firetwirler, twisted firetwirler.twirler... twirler... twirler...heh heh tongue[This message has been edited by Bendy (edited 21 January 2002).]

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Hmm I wonder what the chances are of said fire music being prepared in time for inclusion in the 'Circles of Light' Video?I wouldn't know whether to stare at the fire twirling or laugh my ass off at the music.------------------I am not a bot.*** END STATEMENT ***

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always