PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
So, in three hours it will be Thanksgiving Day in the US. This is a national holiday formed for pretty much the wrong reasons over horrible occurances (let's have dinner while we slaughter your family and steal your land) but has evolved into a nice holiday for families to join, thanks to be given to whatever and for an excuse to eat alot of wonderful home made food(Cass, you might appreciate that as much as I do! wink).I think this year, after so much tragedy here in the US, especially here in the North East, this day of thanks and thought will take on a whole new meaning.In my family, before we can eat we have to all say something we are thankful for, so I thought I'd ask you, what are you all thankful for?Normally I say my friends, my family, etc...the general stuff. In addition to this, this year I appreciate life so much more. I appreciate and am thankful for seeing one more sunrise, and yet another snowflake. I am thankful for all the magic in my life, real or imagined. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, world wide, because as I see it, we all have alot to be thankful for.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I am thankful for all of the wonderful people I have met on HoP.Honestly.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I'm thankful for my Fiance, my life, chocolate, marmite, unicycles and Pele and NYC for contributing to this thread...Plus lots more, but most them are rude and involve the first part of the list...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I am thankfull for my grandmother and the relationship we have.For all the wonderful homemade food I've cooked and eaten and offered in my life(winks at Pele wink).For the guy who invented internet othewise I would not be writing how thankfull I am and would not have met such beautiful people as you guys. ::scratches skull and realizes that each time she tries to express her feelings and love she really sounds horribly sticky cheesy:: winkStill thankfull nevertheless !Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
Iam thankful for the amazing freedom that i have in my life, to flow anywhere at anytime and experience life at its most joyful...i am also thankful for all of you and the wonderful network of chillers that i know all over the world, the support i have from my family and the overwelming joy i feel when i hang out with my brothers and sister(after being away from them for ages)and experience their magic...i am also thankful that there is a growing mass of humans out there that have this outlook on life, their lives, the earth, and all living things, the universe...lifesyle and fun...cass, i can totally understand how you feel...it is overwealming, that smile that just can't help but burst out of you...and the way your heart just swells at the miracles that we see happen every day...don't be embarrased girl, i call it feelin fuzziethanks all you guys for being inspirational, open minded, and yourselves..hol.xxx

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I am thankful for my lovely daughter, for my friends and family, for having the resources to do anything I set my mind to, for being alive (I had a curvature of the spine as a baby and if the Doctors hadn't intervened I probably wouln't be here now) & to all the ppl on this bb for being who they are. Also I am thankful for the small things in life, a beautiful sunset, a pretty butterfly, the beauty of this planet, the sound of children laughing etc.I think Thanks Giving is a great idea and more cultures should adopt it.Onelove, Thistlefirepixie smile

Are we nearly there yet?

4,224 posts

Posted:
TFP, I agree with you with the little things in life that shine so much.But with all due respect to the Americans, I would not want to adopt that particular celebration. I think Pele worded it perfectly, it was formed for historical reasons which I don't quite agree with...Why not do like Alice in Wonderland... And have a unbirthday or unthanksgiving EVERYDAY !Actually that's pretty close of my idea of happiness : find a good reason to smile every day smiledamn.. I am cheesy again, or , as you said earthdreamer... feeling fuzzie winkshine onCassandra

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
What am I thankful for? Every single minute of my life, good or bad.

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
I'm thankful for all things from boring routines to Albert Hoffman, but BIG thanks to Ben who introduced me to poi, everyone involved with this bb. grinPeace, Respect and a big cheesey smile.M
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, and our manhood" Carlos Castenada[This message has been edited by Marlboro (edited 23 November 2001).]

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Happy thanksgiving to the lot of ya! Been invited to my first thanksgiving dinner on Saturday at a friends place so I'll raise a glass to you all then.------------------"The tincture of night began to suffuse the soup of the afternoon. He considered the sentence, and found it good. He liked 'tincture' particularly. Tincture. Tincture. It was a distinguished word, and pleasantly countered by the flatness of 'soup'. The soup of the afternoon. Yes. In which may be found the croutons of teatime."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I am happy of who I am, and the life I live. It is my life and I wouldn't want it any other way!! (:Happy Turkey Day!!!------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Cassandra, I meant the idea of a day just for giving thanks. Absolutely nothing to do with robbery and murder it's just not my style wink Is that what you mean by an un Thanks giving Day?Onelove, Thistlefirepixie smile[This message has been edited by Thistle (edited 23 November 2001).]

Are we nearly there yet?

4,224 posts

Posted:
TFP, I could not have said it better. It is exactlywhat I meant. smileshine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 23 November 2001).]

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I am thankful for turkey....mmmmmmmm.......and DEEP FRIED turkey........MMMMMMMMMM.......and mashed potatoes...............and stuffing............. and.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm...stuuuuuuuufinnnnnnnngggg...ahhhhhhhhh...... and greenbean casserole...........and sweet potatoes....... and homemade bread........ and grrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy........... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......And most of all, I am thankful to live in such a wonderful country that offers me this type of feast once a year.......and friends that are wonderful enough to allow me to have already eaten twice today, and be on my way to my third dinner.......I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!p.s. my pants have been unbuttoned for a while now tongue grin grin ------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---[This message has been edited by glowshow (edited 23 November 2001).]

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
im thankful for everything in my life, cause so far, everything seems pretty good, im thankful i found this website, not a lot of people i can talk to around where i live that actually understand and fully appreciate this stuff, thankful i have the metabolism of a fricking shrew, so i can eat as much and whatever i want and not put on a pound. mmm, thank you everyone

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
I am thankful for having the oportunity to see my parents, who were once the opressive ogre parents who made me study, in a new light.I am thankful for loganberry jam winkI am thankful for what i believe is the best sunsets in the world (Tallangatta, Victoria aus best damn sunsets)and for music, and laughter, and embarrasment and girls (im 19 yet you are all still girls....what does that say about me???) and chocolate and vegemite (not marmite but that is a debate for another topic) and my baby brother (who is taller and better looking than me) and cars and fire and sleep.im also thankful that australia is finally gonna make the world cup next year (knock on wood). But i am truly thankful that i live in a wonderful part of the world, with very little prejudice (as there is nobody here wink ) and extremely little theft (who else can say they leave the engine on when they go into the shops) and i am thankfulo for water.CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i am thankful for my freedom...

anyone got a light?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I am thankful for HoP's search function tongue

I am surprised that this is the best hit I got, altho its just about exactly right except its not too near to thanksgiving.

I'm bumping this thread because I'm thankful that I'm not in pain.

Reading this thread reminds me also to be thankful for having met Pozee, and Dom, and many other such things which have grown from there.

I'm thankful that I can sleep in a place and not worry about violence. (As strange as that may sound to those of you who know where i live tongue).

And I'm thankful that things arn't worse. Because they so easily could be.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Kyrian

I am thankful for HoP's search function tongue

ubblol i'm thankful to Malcolm for giving me credit on my HoP account(i think it was for the search article i did) biggrin

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Im thankful for my wooly knickers ubbangel

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!