Urban_Culturemember
89 posts

Posted:
oi oi. i have been using practice poi 4 quite a while now and can pull of quite a few of the not 2 hard moves. however my practice poi were home made (as gud as the are) and now i fink it is time to invest in my first set. i would like 2 ask the advanced swingers wat they fink of beaming poi? are the worth the money, do the break quickley and easily and do the LEDs actualy look much good at night? or would i b better of by buying some practice poi that have tails.which look better???si!

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
Um, do a search for 'beaming poi' and you'll find loads of discussions.Briefly:Beaming poi are good. There's nicer glowing balls out there, but most are a lot more expensive.Beaming poi are not for practice unless you really like pain. They're hard plastic, so look great when you know what you're doing. Fire poi are probably less painful to hit yourself with.Buying practice poi when you have your own is probably a waste of money, unless you want to twirl in public during the day, in which case some proper performance poi are needed to look cool.I'v bashed my beaming poi a bit, and they're still working, and buy them from here and it's one year's warranty I believe. Also batteries last for enough time.Dom

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

Urban_Culturemember
89 posts

Posted:
thanx, ure advice waz helpful.

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
I wouldnt get them until you were advanced enough. They hit and hurt really badly! Ive seen the biggest bruises on people's legs caused from beaming poi.They do look great though and I wouldnt suggest bashing them together too often, though they do seem fairly tough.Tails look great if you have UV, but beamers are good cause they generate their own light.In the end think about how often you hit yourself, especially when trying out new tricks, else only use these when you arent trying anything new!They arent for learning on.

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

Urban_Culturemember
89 posts

Posted:
thanx guys,i think im gonna bye a pair anyway and just not learn anythink new using them.a question 4 malcome if i oder from your shop and live in the u.k how long will my goods take 2 arrive. need them here in time 4 Xmas.cherse si!

Urban_Culturemember
89 posts

Posted:
Frenzie wat are beamers???

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
beamers = beaming poiI ordered from Malcolm, and it arrived in about a week.

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

Urban_Culturemember
89 posts

Posted:
about a week is fine thanx 4 ure help every1!

beakermember
54 posts

Posted:
I got some a while ago, I whacked my shin and my nose whilst practicing and I have since sold them to a mate. I am quite experienced with poi and i dont feel comfortable using them. I prefer to use fire, you cant beat that wooshing sound. They do look wicked at night espcecially when you spin them real fast but if they connect with your body you will know about it.

C'mon baby light my fire