Forums > Social Chat > I can't do a backward cross over!

Login/Join to Participate

Stumpymember
10 posts

Posted:
Hey Guys.I've just started poi recently and i've got down sm basic moves down. But i can't get the cross over behind the back right. Is there any advise out there.Cheers.stumpy

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Waow, you just started to spin and you are already attacking behind the back crossovers??? Pretty adventurous!! I have been spinning for 6 months and still can't get the btb weave completely right. I guess this doesn't help much, sorry...

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey stumpy, maybe it is a bit early for btb moves, then again maybe not wink - well i don't know what exactly are you having trouble with, but my advise would be to try and bring your hands close together when you cross them btb...that's for the forwards btb crossover (starting by swinging in reverse on your sides) - as for the reverse one i am having trouble myself not hitting my shoulders and legs sometimes so i am not in a position to give you any advise frownhappy swinging,]Simos

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I also only started recently. I've managed to get what Simos refers to as a reverse BTB crossover (I think of it as forward, but whatever) clean, and on a good day I can do a few reps of a weave, but that is still very problematic. I have not gotten a forward crossover, and only started working on it a few days ago.I'm not sure *how* I got it to work. Practicing with one hand at a time helps a lot. Keeping your hands low, leaning forward, and moving your shoulders are important. I found that a certain amount of weight in the wicks makes it easier--my practice wicks weigh about 5 oz (130 g)--because they have momentum to pull them around. But I think you just need to keep hammering away at it until something clicks in the back of your head and it makes sense.------------------Adam Rice :: www.fire-gear.com

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Stumpymember
10 posts

Posted:
Cheers for that guys, that explains a lot, i simply presumed that the front x-over and the btb were similar. Guess I was wrong, but hey i'm here to learn.