Page:
Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Well, uni is finished, so i have gone home. I came home to find two presents from england, a jar of "Loganberry Jam" just sitting there waiting for me (thanks so much Fire princess your a champ i'll consider it a b'day pressie, as it was on the 17th). And a roll of Monty python toilet paper (a story for another time perhaps).After my initial excitement (which lasted for about 10 minutes) i realised that i am no longer in the "big smoke" or melbourne, doing uni and getting drunk. I am now in Tallangatta, population 1000 sitting around being bored, with no one to spin with or anything (i got a set of fire poi for my b'day, yay). What am i going to do.I need recipee's for anti-boredom juice.please send ways to keep me going until the end of february.CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
a second set of fire poi (in case you find someone else)...and a *LOT* of fuel..------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Nov. 17th ? frownHAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET ONE !!!!!!As for what to do not to get bored...- spin for yourself (that is what I do... true it is lonely, but spinning , even alone feels so good !)- read gooood books curling up in bed-any horses around ? take a horse and go for a walk in nature...- any girl around ? take a girl and ..; sorry ! got carried away ? wink- And the weirdest advice of all : talk to old people... I know ... it is time for me to unmask my latent gerontophilia wink (love of old people... do you actually have that word in english ????) Anyway... When I am somewhere I tend to look for old people, I have developped wonderful relationships with a few grandpa's and grandma's on this planet. They have time and knowledge and also they are lonely (well at least in our culture)... I know that just the fact of being old does not mean you become necessarily wise or even good... however, that is my advise... which i know you'll make fun of, but never mind winkShine on APB and enjoy those few weeks !Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Well I haven't quite finished my exams (one more on Fri) and I work 3 days a week (full-time in January frown), so I don't really get a summer holiday anymore.But my present - a big FREAKIN dent in my car from a t-boner with a 4x4.Not happy, Jan....Tallangatta - that a country town?? How about chewin on straw, watchin the cows and spittin in a bucket?Just kidding, get a trail-bike? Dunno never lived in the country.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

4,224 posts

Posted:
Just realized it is summer in NZ ???And you wonder what to do ???? swim, run, walk, twirl, fly...And when you want to relax, remove my "read book in bed" , make it a "read book in the SUN"...Lucky you smileShine onCass

MadGirlBettymember
13 posts

Posted:
I cook when I'm bored. Don't know why, just do. It does the job. Especially since finding something I can cook with the limited amount of food in our cupboard is enough of a challenge to keep me entertained for hours.

4,224 posts

Posted:
cooking ?food ?eating ?YUMMMY !!!!!!!!!! Great idea , how did I not think about it ? smileCass

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
ummmm Cass...I think technically gerentophilia would translate to sexual desire for aged people...was that the meaning you were after? smileJosh

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Mr Josh,-philia means to like ... eg something that is hydrophilic likes water - eg will dissolve in water. It doesn't have any sexual connotations on it's own, people just get confused because of it's use in everyones favourite 'philia' word - necrophilia.ÐraevonIncendium.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Umm, Casandra, New Zealand is not a part of Australia...New Zealand is a wonderful lush green paradise where there are no nasty cane toads or posionous snakes or rabid wallabies or nasty bity bugs or crocodiles or ...Ooops, so maybe some of the outdoor stuff is a bit more dangerous in Australia...(sits back and waits for the retailiation wink)------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Yes Charles, and of particular danger to New Zealanders is the 2nd test starting this morning, with dangerous creatures such as the waugh brothers and the likes of ponting and mcgrath, I'd be very worried too if I wasn't Australian grin grin grin

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
Why is that Ade...are they going to start bowling underarm at us again??? tongue------------------fe fi foo fun[This message has been edited by foobaa (edited 22 November 2001).]

fe fi foo fun

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
If only we'd had stricter rules about who we transported out to the colonies.....

Meh

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
What like not sending a whole bunch of convicts to one huge big island....------------------fe fi foo fun

fe fi foo fun

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
LOL grin (Especially at 0/205 just after lunch) grin

4,224 posts

Posted:
Draevon, you are so wise , you got my point! Bad, bad, Josh with a naughty mind winkAnd Charles ... eeer ... I am so ashamed of myself. I do know that NZ and Oz are *slightly* different (I read it in the women's magazine !)... I actually can tell the difference because NZ has the All Blacks (doing powerfull dance on the rugby fields) and OZ has heaps of Kangoroos (going "boing boing boing " in the outback)... But take away those two things, and I am lost again winkAnyway, just kidding, but apologizing to all of you : Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa...Everybody gets the right to give me one big look of disdain when we meet at the NZ gathering in 2003 or is it in Australia ? I got all mixed up again winkShine onCassandra, the HOPophilicNo Josh, not as in "I want to have sex with everyone from HOP" rather as in "I love HOP" wink )[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 22 November 2001).]

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
pack your bags APB you are coming to NSW..congratulations...email for details on how to collect your prize..*offer not negotiable*love Hols

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Gerontophiliahttps://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gerontophilia&spell=1(I might have a dirty mind, but I'm right this time) smileJosh[This message has been edited by [Josh] (edited 23 November 2001).]

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
lol, im impressed josh, never would have thought of it that way, it takes a special person...and to APB, go for a run, great way to get in shape, and its quite enjoyable, then again, this is coming from a runner, but all the same, thats my advice...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I put "anti boredom juice" in the search engine and it came up with this: https://searchrequests.weblogs.com/
Poignant.*Idly wonders if he himself will feature on this page in future....*

Meh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'm with Josh on this one. During my teaching interviews I did say how much I like kids. I think they would have gone very diferent had I said I was a pediophile.As for Cassandra, I guess as long as the old people don't mind you using them to satisfy your fetish I guess it's all good. You did say they were lonely. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
All very good ways to rid boredom. Thankyou.As for a few of the other points made on the thread.Yes New Zealand doesn't have cane toads or posionous snakes or rabid wallabies or nasty bity bugs or crocodiles. Instead it has sheep and.....wait, there was something else, im sure there was......i'll think of it later.Cass, thank you i had a great b'day (from what i remember) it was a lot of fun.Yes my town is tiny, but i refuse to eat grass, its kind of in the middle of nowhere so no good for trail bikes or anything, but good for walks (and horses cass...lots of horses).Dreamer, give me an address and a coupla weeks, and i'll make the trip. Seriously. I need a couple of weeks though as i picked up some work (aha you might think end of boredom) alas, its fruit picking. Good money though $13 an hour (working 35 hour weeks....you can do the maths).Oh and cantus, sometimes you scare even me. that link was one of those times. CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
Happy (belated) birthday APB!!!I hope it was a good one. How old does that make you now? Horses....? Perhaps I shouldn't ask... wink How about climbing trees for entertainment? Flying kites? Jumping in puddles? Swimming outside? Singing in the street? Learning japanese? Eating pie? Artistic things?I can't believe you have exams and are breaking up for holidays now - my school year only started last month! Crazy antipodeans. Christmas in the summer holidays - what will they think of next? What do you guys have on your christmas cards? Sunshine and kangaroos?Cantus - lol, what a weird and wonderful site. It makes me worry about the future of humanity. Some people, eh?laterz,FP x

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Well don't laugh princess, but there are versions of jingle bells that instead of dashing through the snow on a sleigh, we go dashing through the bush on a rusty holden ute.And for easter, australia has almost finished with the ol' easter bunny, and instead we have the native easter bilby doin the rounds. As for school starting and finishing, doesn't it make more sense to have school finish at the same time as the year finishes.....i know its a crazy thought but there could be something to it.Jumping in puddles doesn't work either as at the moment its as dry as a dead dingo's donga.But we do have an enourmous lake to go swimming in so its not a total loss.CheersAPBp.s. thanks for the b'day wishes, it was most ejoyable getting out my new poi and twirling away.

Good on usGood on us all

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
How about juggling rocks? Filling dogs with helium? Swimming in puddles? Singing in Japanese in the street? Eating Artistic pie?How old are you now then APB?I scare you? You try living in this head and looking out. Now that's scary.------------------C@ntusDance beneath the stars, we sound system, we the collective, with a open heart, we the solution - should be respected!

Meh

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Im the big 19. The in between age of not really a teenager (despite the teen bit in nineteen) and not quite considered adult.But hey in australia i can legally do anything everyone else can so im happy.Filling dogs with helium.......hmmmmm i never really had that kind of thought before.And yes, im glad im not in there looking out, i expect it would be like one really bad acid trip winkCheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I gave up acid a while back. I find it intensely boring.I'm not quite considered an adult either. Funny that...I get all these kids talking down to me and saying things like "ah well, when you get to my age you'll understand"Sometimes I find it hard to stifle the laughter....It's not like an acid trip at all. Much of it I find comical, some I view with disdain, a lot I regard with quiet awe. Trees, mountains, rivers, ducks. That kind of thing, you have to admire the design department sometimes.....------------------C@ntusDance beneath the stars, we sound system, we the collective, with a open heart, we the solution - should be respected!

Meh

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Yeah, sometimes you look at something as simple as a tree and think, "wow, that is truly amazing." Other times you just think "Now that is f**ked up."I know what you mean.But hang on, if you find things like ducks trees and dogs amazing....why do you fill them with helium, surely the design structure didn't take into acount for that kind of situation smileThanks again for the track.CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I never inflated a dog. It was something the lead singer of the Black Crowes told me about one time. He reckons they'll float if you try it.I didn't say i found dogs amazing anyhoo.Wolves maybe...But dogs? Nooooo...Do you not think ducks are cool tho?They serve no real purpose and yet there they are....Quack.

Meh

4,224 posts

Posted:
Josh, you ARE right, as always wink However, on a purely etymological point of you,Geron, gerontos = the elderlyphilos, philou = the friend...yeah.; well... whatever, just this good old French mind that makes me want to argue about everything, really... or maybe boredom too winkI give in though, can't argue with the logic of Josh and NYC smileshine onCassandra

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Can I argue with them?Actually I can't argue with Josh cos I'm scared of him. But I can argue with NYC.....

Meh

Page: