Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I had to brag somewhere. :P I just got a gig at Club 1509 in Ybor City, FL spinning fire for them regularly Thursdays and Saturdays. Yay for me! :PCRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
shake that booty...have LOADS of fun CRD and say hi to your mum for me..proud of you grinhol..

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Nice one! Did my first paid performance at a club in Oxfordshire on Saturday. Can't believe I got paid to go clubbing! Dream come true wink Keep it up - hope we get to share the spotlight sometime [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif">Sunbeam[/image] The Bangles

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Sunbeam - which club? I live in Oxfordshire and would love to meet a few ppl and spin. Only just got the fire going on but egtting better!------------------"The tincture of night began to suffuse the soup of the afternoon. He considered the sentence, and found it good. He liked 'tincture' particularly. Tincture. Tincture. It was a distinguished word, and pleasantly countered by the flatness of 'soup'. The soup of the afternoon. Yes. In which may be found the croutons of teatime."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Hobson's Choice in Banbury. My next performance there is on 22nd December but I'm also doing Nocturnals in Leicester this Sunday (24th Nov) 4am-12pm. Please come! - I'd love to hook up with you! grin

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

jentheroomember
7 posts

Posted:
Yo crazy raver dude!I've been entering the land of performance,Its such a buzz!!! At the moment I work for STORM and ORIONS GATE in Brighton. If you can get together with different performers and costumes the better the show and the better the buzz!!!Enjoy JENTHEROO

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
got a question...have you made any mistakes doing that??? i mean dunno trying hard tricks and stuff and then you mess up...(well now thinking you poi fire and if you do amistake you will burn yerself) hehi did a show on a nightclub here the other time i got no money but everything was free for us... we also got in free to the nightclub which is a bit expensive to get in... i was on the show and then happened... tried something i guess was a switch from a BTB reverse butterfly side to side to a BTB weave... then i did the turn and then the third turn they wrapped on my hands i was like Oh my god!!!! lucky me that i had partners that cover me while i unwrap the pois... jesus... have anyone of this happened to you any mistake in that kind of show???

Dance like if noone were watching you

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hey Nightshade,Don’t’ worry about it even some of the most professional twirlers fuck up now and then.A fire-twirling acquaintance of mine saw Cirque du Soliel the other week, and the guy dropped his staff, in the middle of the performance. He picked it up and was more focused, then continued with his performance. But don’t worry; just try not to do it again. And don’t think that you are going to stuff up. I find personally that I stuff up more when I am trying really hard not to stuff up if you know what I mean. smileGood luck smileLove and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I would say follow Katinca's advise...very wise. Everyone messes up. Yes, I have made mistakes..none so horrid as you describe fortunately. I'm sure it's inevitable now that I have a regular job doing this. (:I find though..that I find myself trying too hard..so I try to relax..THAT's when I hit myself more..hehCRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
congratulations! i gotta make it out there to check out your performance... smile

Bushido HEATmember
10 posts

Posted:
Hey, it's been a long ass time since I've posted here, but anyway...Good going CRD! Maybe someday, we'll meet each other raving.Anyway... I like fire and all, but I don't think I can do it... I like to do stuff like go through my legs and crap with glowsticks..

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
And you think I don't Bushido?? :P Nice seeing you post again..hehe I try to keep my clothing to things that can get soot marks on them from doing wraps. However bare skin wraps for my with fire are no-no's. While I'll be performing in the club mainly with fire, I will have glowsticks/toys to spin with as well. This way I get to do all my moves, some only with glowsticks.BTW if you are looking for a good rave to go to in the Tampa area on the dec 15th, or the Mt Dora, FL area on the dec 8th hit me up for info.------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

jentheroomember
7 posts

Posted:
Whilst performing these things do happen!My staff partner always drops his staff,its all in the recevery.Making it look like it was ment to happen!Ive got a show at enlightenment tommmorow in London,Ive never done London so wish me luck!the tangle up queen JENTHEROO

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
OMG Checked out the club last night it was off the chain! It was ladies night and all the ladies drink FREE all night. heh Needless to say the ration of girls to guys was about 4:1. Unbelievable. Glad I'm working every Thursday. :P------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
How you got that job dude???you asked for it?or they offered you or how was it?? blush

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
heh how I got the job..well..I currently live with my parents and they just bought a house. The kid(about the same age as me) living next door with his parents has the same name as me(Max). Well, of course such an unusual name and two people with it so close, we met each other and became friends. Needless to say he works at one of the biggest clubs in Ybor City as a dancer/choreographer. He got home one night while I was outside spinning fire, and he came over to watch. Needless to say he thought it was phat, and I told him I was interested in getting a gig. (Not necessarily in a club) Well he said he'd see what he could do. Two days later he left a cell# of the Entertainment Manager of another club(1509). I give the lady a call, tell her what I can do and she invites me to her house to show her. I do, and she was thoroughly impressed with my talent and decided to hire me. (: Best thing is, I'm almost making as much money in those two days, as I do with my regular job ALL WEEK. sheesh..looks like I need more fire twirling gigs. (: Be safe this weekend everyone!!!------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
damn, im impressed, i wish my parents would let me twirl fire, theyre still undecided about it, and im stuck with glowsticks, which although can look cool, are not close to being as impressive as fire, so im not gonna be getting any gigs, good job CRD, and good luck:goes off to grumble to parents once more:

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
dammit ya got lot of luck frowni wish i could work of this on my free time on the weekends that would be cool smilei like it cause i enjoy it and the ppl that watch it enjoy my twirling too and i enjoy it even more if im twirling with trance OMFG!!! with good trance this is the best shit ever grin

bubblezmember
24 posts

Posted:
well well..MADMAXXX, u kno me n rex will come out n support u br0, all u gotta do is say when ;]------------------ITS NOT WHAT U KNOW, ITS WHAT U CAN PROVE......

ITS NOT WHAT U KNOW, ITS WHAT U CAN PROVE......

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
hehe first night was unbelievable. For those of you who have never spun in front of a large crowd on a stage, you should mark it up on your to-do list. It was amazing. The WHOLE club stopped dancing in their spot and crowded around the stage as soon as I lit up. And of COURSE I try to do a simple BTB butterfly and not only do they hit and tangle but they KNOT(with my 14" ballchain). heh It was all good though, got it untangled in a sec or two and kept going. Once I was done, I walked throuh the crowd..everyone was patting me on my back, complimenting me, one guy thanked me and told me I made his night. :P Second performance was much better than the first...met LOTS of people and had a great time spinning. And that's what counts. (:PLURRCRDbubblez, Pretty much ANY Thursday, and most Saturdays I'll be there. Just let me know what night you guys want to come and I'll see if I can get ya in on the guest list. (:

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Stringsmember
25 posts

Posted:
CRD I remember my first gig to. It was at the afterdeck in Myrtle Beach, spinning for Keoki on the Fourth of July. I got to the club early and sure enough spent the first thirty minutes getting wrapped. The club owner actually came over and told me if I didn't get better soon he was canceling me, and going to make me pay to stay at the party shocked ! Not that I was pressured at all smile. Anyway I finally got settled down and hit the groove when Funk Junkie ( one of the best DJ's I have heard in a while) came on, and started to groove. A few minutes later i was doing propably the best I have ever done, and wound up throwing in some stuff I had been working on but hadn't thought I was going to try in fron of people yet. Anyway after the party Keoki came over and complimented me and the other guy for doing so well and said he had a blast watching us while he was spinning. Anyway the point is first time jitters always suck, but it gets easier. My advice is just to have another set nearby so if th get to tangled you can just drop them and grap another set. That and always start the night with glowsticks so that as the better DJ's come on you can break out the better toys.------------------

Never get over confidant... That is when your chains wrap and you hit yourself in the face.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Well, in my situation the club owner told me to put my stix away(said they would only send the signal that stix are allowed there and they arent...). this club is more or less a more upper class club. It's dress to impress, and their VIP area you have to be wearing a suit(or something very nice) to get in. I was supposed to be VIP the first time I went there, but I broke the dresscode so. :PThe BTB knot was just one of those things..happens very very rarely. And I have the unfortunate luck of having it happen in front of a shitload of people. smile It's okay though it was near the beginning of my performance, and I didn't let it stop me from busting a move. (: I was complimented by another fire spinner on my BTB weave. (was too nervous to try a turning BTB weave...takes more concentration)------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Vikmember
21 posts

Posted:
Whoo, congrats on your performance smile I did my first last weekend and the feeling was amazing, actually getting paid to twirl *heaven* smile.Quite a buzz aint it?Vik

vik... dreaming with 2 stars **

Stringsmember
25 posts

Posted:
Ya there is nothing like being payed to do something you love to do. I doubt I will ever be able to make a living at it, but it is a good way to pay for fule and my partying expenses. Usually I figure if i make enough to pay for gass and a hotel room I have done pretty good smile. I have also had some experience at "nicer" clubs and frankely i didn't enjoy them much. I usually found the people way to removed from the party's i remember to really enjoy them, but them i still remember when a single laser at a show was a big deal frown. Mabey I am just getting old... NA.

Never get over confidant... That is when your chains wrap and you hit yourself in the face.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Vik, thanks smile ya it is quite a buzz..a very unique experience.Strings, That is what I'm shooting for too. If it can pay for my partying expenses, and gas I'm happy. Then again..I'd be happy either way. The crowd at this club seemed very receptive which is good. I still couldn't believe that EVERYONE in the entire club stopped dancing to watch me...kinda a weird feeling to see that..heh------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Stringsmember
25 posts

Posted:
The trick to getting it to pay for gas, fuel, and a hotel room, is to get a couple of people to ride with you (and split the gas), then try to get even more to share a hotel room. Right now I am getting payed about $150 a night a partys, and $50 at the club I spin at. But i have been working in the area for almost 3 years, and everyone around here that manages a club knows me so that help get jobs. It isn't even like I am always the best but they know how to get up with me. Another idea, is if you have freinds who are DJ's have them ask for you whenever they get jobs. I have gotten more than a few this way.

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
uhm CRD.. they want you to spin fire in a suit or no VIP? won't this cramp your style when it comes to wraps? rolleyes