Page:
AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
has any body got any advise about what u do when in these sircumstanses? wish to poi, have no poi, can't make or buy poi!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!------------------Kymic, Keep smiling :)

PsylentzSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
did you try swinging your friends by their tapeworms? little heavy. Not that i would ever, ever know...

"The Q is talkin' to me!!!"

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Actually, Kymic, the cat ate my gerbil about two weeks ago (I suppose it was a bit mean of me to have one gerbil and five cats in the first place!)I reckon chinchillas are about the perfect size and weight for poi - but I could never bring myself to light one!Ros xx

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
ohhhh chinchillas lose a lot their fur when stressed, Im thinking even the butterfly will frighten them, the fur could get in to your eyes and possibly cause blindness.. i am however quite fond of the tapeworm idea....

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
nah, tapeworms come apart too easily.in fact, being undifferntiated segmented flat worms (platyhelminhtes!) like they are, if you break them you do get 2 worms, unlike earthworms (annelida!), where if you break them in half you get two halves of a dead worm.and if you cut a starfish in half, so long as you have a bit of the middle, they can grow back into two starfish. which was a problem for the fisherman who were annoyed by the starfish so much that they would cut them in half and throw them back, supposedly dead...I bet sea urchins would make good challenge poi, but I like them too much for that. Pere

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Pere is right about the tape worms.Perhapse you should disembowel your friends and swing them by their intestines. Intestines are made of some pretty durable stuff..

Jesus helps me trick people.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
There is an old saying I heard once, I think it remains true to this day:"If you love something, set it on fire" shockedI've just had a brilliant thought!!!!Use the heads of your ex-girlfriends as fire poi!!!Not only does it relieve stress, but it gives you a sense of closure as well.Brilliant.

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
hey sicko ive heard of a simpler, but perhaps more subtley appealing saying....set things on firenow stress releif and closure dont have to be found by burning someone you love, spread the joy throughout the whole neighbourhood!

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Yes, but some ex-girlfriends can stand to be gotten rid of.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
On a side note concerning intestines (yes this is true).Did you know the ancient Mayans used to make animals balloon type dogs out of inflated intestines to sacrifice to Ra and the other celestial gods?Imagine blowing up and intestine (with that you know, FILLING stuff in it) by mouth...eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww..........------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Isn't Ra an Egyption god?

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
I remember once in chemistry we were given a sheeps lungs heart liver and all the nice bits that go with them. They still had a wind pipe and we found it really amusing to blow up there lungs by simply breathing down the wind pipe.........did i mention im a country boy.CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

Nokomismember
27 posts

Posted:
Yes, yes. Ra is the Egyptian sun god

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
We did that blowing up the lung thing in Biology too! :PBut back to the original topic, my first poi cost me R20 (south african currency): about 1 and a half pounds, or 3 dollars. I simply bought 2 really cheap tennis balls and a dog chain. Voila! Poi. I parctice with that. You dont even have to get those: like everyone said: A shoe lace and some socks work well!! Peace out------------------Coles

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
thank god for Glowworm.From reading the first page of this thread i thought everyone was mad. (or that i was).Spinning chicken fillets in bags, with cats n stuff ???!!!!???? smilei normally find cats too heavywhatever works i guess smileC'n'U

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Guys guys this conversation is losing sanity this topic has lost thread1: poi2:cats 3:rodents4:food5:racing stripes6:cats7:egyiptian sun gods..........................What ever next?!! ...... any way back on cats........[This message has been edited by Kymic (edited 27 January 2002).]

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
sea urchins and dolphins are the only animals asides from humans that have sex for the fun of itknowing that i dont think i could have the heart to twirl either of them...however if youre in for a real challenge, how about a pair of viscious snarling wolverines, it could be like triple wicks...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Sea urchins have sex for fun ??? You learn a new thing every day....... confused

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I dunno - swigning sea urchins has a certain risk factor involved which would amaze the crowds. On a sea theme - how about jelly fish under a uv light? hold them by the stingers (best to wear gloves) and think of the fun.------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble The Mug Shot Gallery MSN Poi Community Words to memerise, words hypnotise, words make my mouth exercise.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
wow grinI like the way you people think, this is a great thread!Bravo!*golf claps*Oh, and I just use old glow sticks and my smurfs shoe laces, I won't trust myself with fire stuff until I've had alot more experience smilenote: edited cause I used bravo one too many times smile------------------Ambiguous[This message has been edited by Jello (edited 29 January 2002).]

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Whiffle, koala's do too...although more often than not the female doesn't have much choice in the matter...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
then would it be for the fun of it???:sees a very sexist thread coming this way and doesnt answer it:anyways...yeah, i had always wondered how they exactly knew sea urchins did it for the fun of it, but apparently since they seek out one another even when the female is not ovulationg, it can be assumed they do it for fun...

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
It might be practice, so that they known they get it right when it matters.Or it could be instinct-driven, and they are simply doing what their bodies are telling them to, rather than based on the pleasurable sensations that may accompany the act... grin grin grin grin ------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
You all got me laughing, Thanks for all of the replies guys!!!------------------Kymic, Keep smiling :)

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
There are other animals that have sex for fun, Bonobos (like chimps but they live on the opposite side of the Congo river) live in a very structured society and have lots of sex. They are closely related to humans so it is possible that we have sex outside procreation for similar reasons.

Are we nearly there yet?

MYMAmember
23 posts

Posted:
quote:
sea urchins and dolphins are the only animals asides from humans that have sex for the fun of itknowing that i dont think i could have the heart to twirl either of them...
good to know...Thats interesting considering the fact that the average pig can sustain an orgasum for 30 minuets. And lions have sex an average of 50 times a day. Those lions must be motavated, but to be a pig...

*Live as if you were to die tomarrow, learn as if you were to live forever* ~Mahatma Ghandi*Imagination is more important than knowledge*~Albert Einstein*dream*

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Kato says he wants to be a Bonobo when he grows up.

Meh

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
i personally would rather be the lion, christ, 50 times a day...

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Well, ever since those Sea Urchins moved into the flat next door it's just constantly been Shag this! and Bone that! I really think that they've given our neighbourhood a bad name. They're just the Harlots of the Sea if you ask me.And I don't like sex on television - cos i keep falling off!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
wow..you guys gave me a great idea!!! im gonna get 2 large salmon, start by seasoning them, then iwill wrap them in foil and again in kevlar, then dip them in your favorite fuel, spin off excess and light and spin. in about three or our sessions of spinning throughout the next hour anda half or so, remove kevlar, and foil plac3e chared salmon on dish and serve!!! voila!! you have instant blackened salmon!! and then your wife or girlfriend cant get mad at you for spinning!! because you made her/him a wonderfull meal!! awesome..i will be tryingf this tonight and letting you all know the results tomorrow!! peace!! this is gonna be so kkkeeewwwwwlll!!!!p.l.u.r.r.Xtrem

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

Randommember
43 posts

Posted:
mmm tasty raw black paraffin smelling fish thats what i want for my tea too. Got me all hungry that has. ------------------"smoking makes you look cool" His Majestys personal Elvis

smoking makes you look cool His Majestys personal Elvis

Page: