Gheumember
28 posts

Posted:
Today was the opening day of the largest ski resort in the area. After looking at the web site I noticed something about doing poi while skiing, so I decided to try it. It was soo cool! Unfortunatly though there were real limitations on the stuff that I could do since your body is moving one way and you go the direction that your body is facing so if you are pointing up hill trying to pull of a move you will generally screw up. It is a complete workout though and it loads of fun. I will have pictures as soon as a more local ski resort opens up so I don't have to travel 2 hours to get there. It should be interesting.GheuP.S. I recomend if you are going to try it, to go right under the lift, that way you get more people to see what you are doing.------------------A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

Gheumember
28 posts

Posted:
As a follow up, be careful of the small muscles in your lower back, the twisting action of twirling and skiing at the same time really puts a strain on them and I'm in a nice deal of pain right now. Oh well, all twirlers are masochist anyway, right?------------------A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso