PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
A few nights ago I dreamt that some guys were trying to kidnap me, shove me in a car, they had me by my upper arms. I woke with bruises on my upper arms where fingertips might have been. This one happens alot, Whipping Boy can attest to it.Three nights ago I was having a naughty dream and you can imagine how I woke up!Two nights ago I dreamt I burnt my tongue drinking coffee, I woke up with that strange tingly, numb feeling on my tongue like you get with a burn. I still have it today.Last night I dreamt that I was pushed down a set of high steps at a club and that I broke my tailbone and dislocated my shoulder. This morning my arse hurt so bad that I can't sit and I can't raise my arm up because of the pain in my shoulder.Strange thing is, those little snipits are all I can remember of the dreams. I wake up tired though, not restful and bouncy like I tend to be.Anyone else have this happen to them? It is getting quite irritating, not to mention I am not so keen on falling asleep anymore so I stay up until I can't keep my eyes open any longer.::bracing herself for the men with Malcolm's special white coat to come and take her away::------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

poiwondermember
21 posts

Posted:
pele,You may be sleep walking. My ex-girlfriend had this problem. She used to get in fights with her parents in the middle of the night, and wake up in the morning with bruises from her parents trying to restrain her. She still has episodes today. These instances involve semi consiousness, and you may actually be doing some of the things you think you're "Dreaming" about. You might try seeing a sleep therapist or at at least securing yourself to your bed at night. You are probably doing all these things at your house, falling down the stairs at a club, your probably dreaming about a club and falling down the stairs in your house. There has even been an instance of a ten year old child driving 20 something miles from his house at night. The police found him sleeping in his parents car the next morning, the next town over. Apparently the child had never driven a car in his life, but managed to do it in his sleep completely unharmed. BTW: with sleep walking your eyes are actually open, and you may appear to be awake to observers. Just one explaination I have to offer smile.

Hey chicky chick, check slick Nik flick sick tricks with glow sticks and lit wicks real quick!...;) (IM:cmsnr grdn)

poiwondermember
21 posts

Posted:
one more thing:the sleep walking theory would also account for both the feeling of tiredness(as you are actually being quite active) and the memory of the few snippets(usually the ones that are troumatic enough to cause you injury). You might check the house for other signs of your dream, not just your body, ie a uses coffee cup after you burned your tongue.

Hey chicky chick, check slick Nik flick sick tricks with glow sticks and lit wicks real quick!...;) (IM:cmsnr grdn)

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Whipping Boy and my housemates will tell you I stay in bed the whole night. Though I can say I have a friend who does sleep walk and drive and such. It is incredible!Mine tends to happen all within the confines of my little bed though.Nice theory though!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
OMG whatever you do DON'T have a falling dream!

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Does she dream about winning the lottery?NO-O-O! She dreams about getting hurt. rolleyes Sheesh. Bummer huh?As a public statement, I think it originates from stress. She gets more sick, and more injuries during times of stress. shockedAs for her sleepwalking friend, I think he's either faking or is multi-personality. But that's for another thread. [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">------------------[/image]Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I'm wondering if you have somehow hurt yourself, then in your dream the real world encroaches on the dream. I have often dreamt about a song only to wake up to my alarm and the radio playing that song.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
I generally have pretty bad dreams when I am stressed. I also find I wake up alot in the night with flexed muscles. Usually if I am stressed I get pretty sick as well. Stress is bad, I am still trying to find ways of coping with it.Love and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I like dreams - I've also found that excess sleep and lots of liquids before bedtime can make you dream more smilemmm excess sleep - a thing from the past

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Without scrabbling for occult answers I'd suggest something similar to what Bendy said.Basically, your body is registering injuries you have recieved during the day *but have forgotten getting* or *never realised you recieved* and then creating a dream to explain the pain asssociated. Psychologically speaking, Humans dont like loose ends. If they see something they dont think they can explain they will tend to try to form a theory to explain it. If your body tells you you have hurt yourself, but you dont know how, your dreams might be trying to supply an explanation...even if the injury isnt severe enough to get remembered when you get it (or perhaps it was sustained when you were otherwise indisposed? wink)Anyhow - thats my take on it.Josh[Note to Self: I *knew* that psych major would come in handy someday]