Forums > Social Chat > What makes some spinners sexy?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi All,just wondering what others think makes a certain twirler sexy? And I dont want to hear about body features either (we all know that good bods help)...we all also know that some ppl look like idiots when trying to be sexy and others look sexy when not even thinking about it...so, What do you guys and girls think?And Daniel, I dont want to hear about your 'Moves for the Ladies' again tongue - although I admit that you talking about them has contributed to this threads creation. smileJosh

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
nevermind.[This message has been edited by phuzzz (edited 15 December 2001).]

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
Hey there are a lot of comments about bare chested fire guys being sexy...but I think a bare chested fire girl would be pretty damn sexy too!! winkI must admit that I love watching people in an outfit that does show off their body, as I love watching the play of shadow etc over bare skin/moving muscles etc...it just looks so damn good!! On me, well it probably just makes my ribs look like they are sticking out even more!!One move that has been getting me a lot of noise out of the crowds at gigs at the moment is the corkscrew with an extra beat...just the movement of it...sort of a circular pelvic thrust, while displaying fire nicely above my head, before bending forward again...showing off my skinny little torso, as I usually perform without a shirt on!!!------------------fe fi foo fun

fe fi foo fun

HeliumDreamermember
39 posts

Posted:
I think the very act of 'playing with fire' has unbelievable sex appeal in itself. It's just so wild in a strangely sensual way. The harmony of man and fire together in a seemless performance is one of the sexiest sights around. winkI think Xaeda sums up the qualities of a sexy spinner pretty perfectly with someone who has "an obvious passion and absorbtion in what they're doing" It's this passion between man and fire that gets me every time.

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
;PIMHO, I find that women poi-ers are sexier than boy poi-ers. women seem to be i guess in a word rounder? cat like even?where as i feel that men look pretty cool as staffers... they have hte option of being flued but if its not carried in there stance it works to be solid as well, I veiw fire as an element of sheer passion, nothin quite as intriging as the soft warm glow of flame circling someone as they dance in circles..i think fire also symbolizes strength and power.. these things are often qualities people look in each other, not to mention mysterium, beauty, co-ordination, ability etc.etc.etc. I find that people are drawn to you more if they think you have this awesome ability to controll the elements,,, when its merely playing with them.i babble not anymore for thee.. heh heh heh------------------A Faeries Heart Beats Fierce and Free!!!!!

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

DömAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
Most people are sexy, usually boys think girls are sexier and girls think boys are sexier. Maybe it's just when they're spinning you actually look at them?

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
I'm a little late on this post but i think what makes a spinner sexy is the way he or she carries themselves and the confidence they have in their moves. Now granted, Sexy does also include a nice athletic cut body, nice eyes,and a nice rear etc... but like when you see a spinner that catches your eye with their fluid movements and you can sit there and watch them for hours and hours that is what i call sexy.
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
------------------"come with me to a land of fantasy, take my hand down into techno wonderland"[This message has been edited by MiSsFrOg19 (edited 15 December 2001).]

Its not easy being green....

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Topless guys are sexy, topless girls are sexy. Mostly, sexy motion is sexy. I think that it goes back to "style" of spinning. Most girls I know tend to move in traditional sexy dancing movements whereas most guys I know tend to move in more of a martial arts way... I don't really try to spin sexy. Hrmmm... Maybe I should. smilePerhaps societal influences upon gender roles has influenced the way we move?(Rash generalization ahead...)I think if you asked a girl to do a sexy dance, she could, or at least she could try whereas I'm not sure how most guys would know what that meant...Most sexy images in my society are of women seducing men (through motion or appearance)... then again, maybe those are just the ones I'm lookin' at. winkI do think that men and women are conditioned to move differently. Perhaps by the gender inequity in sports or dance or elsewhere.Never really thought of this before. I guess that's obvious from my lack of point. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I have to agree with Xaeda.Confidence is a huge turn on with or with out fire, as is flow and sensuality.Fire is one of humankind's oldest, deepest, and most ingrained fears and fascinations. As is sex. When you put the two together you double your pleasure and double your fun, you also double the risk involved, which makes it all that much more exiting.But lookes do play a role. Jabba the Hut could swing the best poi in the universe, but you'd never catch me chasing after it.There are also very subtle movements that women make that men can almost taste. That doesn't mean that they are necessarily sexually suggestive, but they're very sensual all the same.

Jesus helps me trick people.

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
beautifully put, mR.pUPPY..

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
RUFF!

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I don't think EarthDreamer needs to spin to be sexy judging by her pictures... grrrrrr B)

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
<~~ Looks forward to his female student spinning fire for the first time in a couple of days so he can form an opinion on this topic wink------------------Tim Lund (Enfuego!!!)"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted" - Martin Luther King Jr.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

Nokomismember
27 posts

Posted:
Raw grace, strength, flexiblity, and strong posture. They have to break the fine line between dancing and moving.Cantus, taking notes I hope... wink

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
i think coordination amd fine muscular control is important. women have the advantage when it comes to moving cleanly and gracefully, 'cause they dont have the same muscles as us guys and are naturally more flexi and it makes the moves look a lot more effortless ( has anyone seen a maori poi dance?). but they cant do the moves with the power that us boys can!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Rythm and Stealth (like the Leftfield album) make for a sexy spinner grin

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Jonathan, ____________________they can't do the moves...us boys can____________________I thought it was just the Ockers that were that sexist.. wink(just trying to cover myself, no offense meant)There are some very weak male firedancers and some very strong female firedancers, although on average, you are correct...(waits for the ockers to come in and blast him :eek smile------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Code128member
69 posts

Posted:
Yeah its defintitely the confidence and poise that a person brings to the spin.I have met plenty of women who if you met on the street would be just plain and average, but put them on the beach and they start spinning, even if its only a weave and you have to pry the guys off of them after the show. All that being said, I dont think topless women spinning is really that great of an idea. I guess it would depend on Breast size. I thought that sports bras were invented to keep the breasts strapped down during exercise, and I know personally that if I were to being jumping around naked, well never mind.Later

------------------
A.N.T.H.E.L.I.O.N

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
charles,that wasnt a sexist comment i have two blackbelt sisters, a blackbelt dad and have done martial arts for umpteen years, its just what ive noticed. even the maori dude who started me off on poi emphasised the style and grace inherent in the female body, and said it was something to aspire to! my sister said the same thing to me just yesterday when we were watching gymnastics, men just arent as naturally gracefull, but women cant move with the same power........but then again true power comes from good technique done quickly and grace and flow has a lot to do with both of thoseso nope, didnt mean for anyone to get the wrong idea, but if you look at maori culture and how poiing came about you'll hear the same thing over and over again.cheers charles!

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Jonathan, I know smile smileBut I can't tunr down any excuse to take a stab at Aussies, especially now we are having one of the wettest rainiest summers on record her in NZ.so I'm a little jealous of their summer as well as their sexism ... oops, as well as their skill at fire...um,...yeahhh confused shocked rolleyes wink------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz[This message has been edited by Charles (edited 17 December 2001).][This message has been edited by Charles (edited 17 December 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Hey Charles, this is one of our coldest starts to summer for 30 odd years, so you're not alone smileI think the whole female/male grace/power thing probably exists because many females aim for grace when they learn to twirl, whereas many males tend towards power. Once they start to focus on that particular aspect, it becomes more apparent and enhances the stereotypes.------------------Courage is the man who can stop after just one peanut

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
thats a big part of it for sure bendy,but there anatomical differences between men and women that create differences in the way we move. take a look at your wrist for instance and compare it to a womens.most likely yours will have more pronounced muscle structure and thicker tendons that can be made more flexible, but will probably never bend as effortlessly as a womens. the same can be said for most of the rest of the body. my two sisters have been whippin my ass for years now!

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
thats a big part of it for sure bendy,but there anatomical differences between men and women that create differences in the way we move. take a look at your wrist for instance and compare it to a womens.most likely yours will have more pronounced muscle structure and thicker tendons that can be made more flexible, but will probably never bend as effortlessly as a womens. the same can be said for most of the rest of the body. my two sisters have been whippin my ass for years now!

Page: