DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
You now have the ability to upload an image for your Avatar. Please use this rather than store avatars in the picture gallery.

To upload a file click 'My Home' in the menu above, click to edit "Personal information, email, password, etc...". Near the bottom of this page there is a browse button which will allow you to select a picture from your computer.

There is a maximum file size limit to prevent avatars from affecting download times for those viewing the board. Also make sure your image size is 80x80 pixels or smaller.

You can still link to a file hosted elsewhere, but we ask that you limit the file size for those who are not on fast connections.

If you have any questions or need help then PM or email me.

Thanks,
Dom

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
DOM YOU ROCK!!!*:. thanks for your awsome help with that! my fairy wand must be broken or somtink confused

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
what is the max size?

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
NM smile

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
We've set a max size of 5Kb.
Should be adequate enough for an avatar image.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Quote:

We've set a max size of 5Kb.
Should be adequate enough for an avatar image.

IMO it's a little small, I think I got mine down to 6k once by making it smaller, but that was rock bottom.

I'm not complaining, there has to be a line, just expressing an opinion that maybe 10k would be preferable.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
Nah, I agree with Dom, they're supposed to just be representative. Mine is 1328 bytes, but I pay for the bandwidth on the server they're served off, so.... 10k eek

beerchug

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Im actually stealing bandwidth from google's image search cache for mine.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
im stealing teh bandwidth from my uni to host mine! oh belss them, what will they do if they find out!

MHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Im actually stealing bandwidth from google's image search cache for mine.

confused Now I'm certainly no techie bue how the hell do you steal bandwidth from Google?!! confused

Let's relight this forum ubblove

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
when you do an image serch, the image thumbnails u see are stored on googles srv, so if you link to those images, you r, in a sense, stealing bandwidth from them

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
google are big boys, i'm sure if they cared enough they'd stop remote linking.

Just wait till they change their url scheme, then it'll stop working, and you'll cry. On several ocassions in the past companies like news sites have linked to images in this way, and the original hosters have changed the images to something amusing in revenge smile

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
lol, yeh I saw one ad with a tiger running upside down nstead or right side up...someone wuz havin fun

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."