They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
do you mean lose or loose?

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
If it is true... then whats the point?

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all!

and yes, I know this to be true.

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
Quote:

do you mean lose or loose?

i cant spell, i mean loose as in lost, so i take it i probably mean lose... o well

Me train running low on soul coal

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
this is true in the sense that we all die someday and when we love,we stand a good chance of losing that love to deathin one form or another,but i think all the stuff that happens in between makes it so worthwhile....have you read "the prophet"by Kahlil Gibran-he has an amazing sense of perspective....

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
speaking of perspective, its really a matter of just that. Do we lose through love? I can't think of anything I've lost through my current love, pain that I had before? time that I don't miss? You may feel like you've lost when a love doesn't turn out, but like Bird was saying, wasn't it better to have had that light in your life for the time that it was there? Besides, what is there to lose?

Re: losing is dying, then I think we must die every day, if one takes that perspective. If you understand that losing things is the nature of life, then are you really losing them? You've said good bye to them before, neh?

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
ooh im alittle confused (doesnt take much!!)
but i take it to mean
when you lose love a part of you dies, which may well be true if you loved someone deeply enough, but its a miserable view of things, dont you think?? there is always a new love out there for you to experience. i agree with what bird said, its all live and learn biggrin

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
IMO

With evey failed love/relationship we learn.

then with any luck we can move forward and not make the mistakes of the past in situations in the future.

Lisa
ubbcrying

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Nobody has ever died of a broken heart.

The best you can do is pick yourself up and learn from the experience.

Raph

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Yea, what BamBam said...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Remeber that your friends love and care for you.

Sometimes we HAVE to ask for help, as hard as it can be.

L
ubbcrying

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
hug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
hug

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

BigDavmember
175 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Nobody has ever died of a broken heart.

Raph

I disagree with this.

When my granny died with a heart attack several years ago, my grandad was a man of perfect health. He was never ill a day in his life and was always full of energy.

My granny meant the world to him as they had spent 75 years together in marriage. My grandad was sooooooo heartbroken that he went to sleep 3 weeks after his wife died and he never woke up. He hospital was unable to give a reason of death. The doctor told my family "off the record" that he died of a broken heart.

I know several other couples who have went through the exact same situation when their partnber dies the other person will die unexpectedly within 3 months.

SO I truley believe that you CAN die of a broken heart

Peace and Love ubblove
Dav

Be Good, and if you DONT be Good, Buy a Pram!

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear about your grandad Davin, you hear stories like that alright, but it's usually with much older couples. Never heard of a 22 year old dying of a broken heart.

I believe - what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

L

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
thanks

i was feeling petty sad last night when wrote this thread,
im feeling better now, and can see i wasnt really making much
sense but i felt like i had died or was going that way
but thanks again,
i can now see its ok to love and lose

Me train running low on soul coal

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
hug

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
I would have to add that, anyone who has truly loved or been loved will never really die, because a part of them will be carried in the hearts and souls of those close to them!

In this sense it is also true to say that you never really lose either as you learn from every action and event in your life - and if you manage to avoid making the same mistakes over and over, and you have people around you whom you care dearly for and who care for you, then you are really a winner in life!

to havew love in your life makes you far richer than financial wealth ever can!

peace

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i have had a number of losses in my life, and i don't regret a single one of them. my last love nearly destroyed me. i loved him so much, and thought i was going to die when i lost him, but i moved on. there's a part of me that will always love him, and will always be in love with him, but i don't regret anything about our relationship. it has made me stronger and shaped me as a person, and he touched me a way that no one else will. and despite thinking i would never love again, and never find someone who would come close to comparison, i was wrong. i have found love again, love that i have hope for and know in my heart is safe and healthy.

never fear love.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
To never have means you have nothing to loose. Nothing to loose means you don't get hurt.

I'm purty negative in things like this, but I can't be completely alone! But I still just keep it to friends, nothing more wink

EEk, I'm thinkin like the glass is half empty!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
unfortunately im not with the better to have loved and lost than to never love at all.........i love(d), lost, and it hurts so badly that i wish i had never felt this pain cos despite the happiness, right now it just hurts far far too much.
so therefore im kinda more with the "to lose is to die"

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
"it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
if you have known real love, like i have been privaledge to know, then its like saying its better to have seen and be blind than to never be able to see in teh first place!

its a stupid statmant, there is no way that it is better to feel the pain of loss than if you never had, every day it eats at you, no matter how hard you try you can never get over it!

Step (el-nombrie)

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
and then there are those people who say "oh look, get over it. im going to click my fingers and you'll be over it" and then when ur not over it they just use it as an opportunity to hurt you more cos they know you're vulnerable to their comments.

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
I'm not saying that its easy or painless to love and lose, I know all too well that's not true!

I just feel that my life is a lot richer now for having known love, and I also know myself a lot better!

peace

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Well, I still have my WHOLE life ahead of me, so who knows what's going to happen! Undoubtedly, I will fall in love, and have my heart broken, etc. etc.

Funny thing, though, my brother says that the first guy to break my heart, he'll smash him in... O.o'

That will NEVER happen! My brother smashing someone in, HAH! ubblol But it was sweet none the less!

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
I can see the truth in both statements. When you love someone that much, you are totaly vulnerable to them because of the complete openess. I think everyone has someone in their lives at one point that hurts them like that, to the point that to lose is to die. But the feeling of being one with someone (Hey, some old couples even begin to look alike I'm told ubblol) to that extent is... indescribable. Which is exactly why it is better to have loved and lost. So many people now-a-days have that "me, me, me" egotistical attitude... I've seen so many friends completely change because experiencing some form of true love. It's an eye opening experience, and one of the few that are genuinely uncorruptable.

Just remember, no one is perfect. We all have little things that no one else knows about except those people we chose to let into our strange little worlds. The question isn't ever whether this person is perfect, or if your perfect, but if your perfect for each other. And for more advice go watch Good Will Hunting... love that movie. So much good philosophy in there. smile

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Quote:

We all have little things that no one else knows about except those people we chose to let into our strange little worlds.

which is why then those people stab you in the back its all the worse.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
um, as you can prolly guess, im not going too well atm.......um, and i was just wondering if anyone here would mind if i could talk to them?

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i forgot to add please!

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I don't think anyone minds Rogue Dragon!! Not at all! ^_^ We're very loving and supportive, aren't we guys? *poke poke*

ubblove

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

Page: