Forums > Social Chat > What makes some spinners sexy?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi All,just wondering what others think makes a certain twirler sexy? And I dont want to hear about body features either (we all know that good bods help)...we all also know that some ppl look like idiots when trying to be sexy and others look sexy when not even thinking about it...so, What do you guys and girls think?And Daniel, I dont want to hear about your 'Moves for the Ladies' again tongue - although I admit that you talking about them has contributed to this threads creation. smileJosh

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hey Josh, How about you tell us what you think?What makes a sexy twirler to you?------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I dont try to look sexy and look like an idiot. I just look like an idiot as a matter of course.BTW, before anyone starts, I'm not fishing for compliments. It was simply a statement of fact.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 16 November 2001).]

Meh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
LOL - I'm surprised *you* have to ask smileFor me, someone isnt sexy unless they look totally comfortable with what they are doing...and look like they are enjoying it smileFlowing controlled full body Motion, efficency of groovement, relaxed composure / posture ...thats about all I can think of right now...Although, I do like power too...I'm attracted to strength. Turnoffs? posturing, fear, clunkyness (even if its the most technical move in the world, it aint sexy until you can pull it off effortlessly with a smile smile) yoyo style twirling.I think in girls, stuff from the knees is good...squating etc etc...for obvious reasons smile but again, it aint sexy if its clunky (see all of the above).Josh

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
yeah, a chick that's willing to get her knees dirty is always sexy smileto me, smiles and eye contact do it for me..------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
In a word: Rhythm smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I think Josh did a pretty good job of summing it up, but I'll add these points anyhow:- An emphasis on the *dance* part of firedancing. I wish I could do a better job here.- Having fun. A twirler who looks like she's really enjoying it or really getting into it is sexier than one with her brow furrowed in concentration.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I'd also like to point out that this topic is also for comments RE boys twirling too? What do you ppl think makes a sexy boy twirler?(all of my comments apply to my perception of boys too...cept the stuff I said applied to girls smile)but I probly dont have as good a grasp of what makes a guy twirler sexy, cuz I'm not really so inclined to look at em that way...I guess winkJosh

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
:wishes there were girl twirlers in area:if they look, smooth, comfortable and confident, they look good, as with almost any activity:wishes again for girl twirlers, and anxiously looks out window hoping wish is granted: no dice...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
costumes can look really good, especially if they help emphasise your dance movements (in my opinion good dancing skills is sexier than just standing there with good technique.) lack of clothing definatly can also look quite nice by fire light...

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
For me sexiness in both female and male is about dance and movement.I really like girls who flow and look comfortable. But I also really like strength and I think confidence in what you are doing is a big thing too. I don’t think wow you can do that move and that move if you are just pulling yo-yo tricks. But if you can smoothly pull these technical moves, and dance while you are doing it, then yeah that’s pretty sexy.For guys, well topless is always a good start wink but it’s also movement and fluidity, and of course confidence, same as what I said for females. Although I think I find strength in guys twirling more attractive then dancey movements. Where as with women I would find dancey movements sexier.Love and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
Well IMHO when a friend of mine spins, I wouldn`t say he looks sexy (its just the wrong word for me) but he does look fluent and smooth and awesome, just a lot better than most people look. He just looks totally in control and comfortable with what he is doing.Sexy is my gf spinning... (she looks sexy all the time neway *covers all bases*)

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Josh - efficency of groovement - nicely put. think I'll use that one next time someone asks me what I strive for. smileAnyway, IMHO sexy comes from within and flows out through the body. So when it comes to twirling that would translate to a air of fluidity. Making it seem effortless isn't quite enough - there's the glint in the eye that betrays the beast within.------------------"The tincture of night began to suffuse the soup of the afternoon. He considered the sentence, and found it good. He liked 'tincture' particularly. Tincture. Tincture. It was a distinguished word, and pleasantly countered by the flatness of 'soup'. The soup of the afternoon. Yes. In which may be found the croutons of teatime."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
NO NO NO! you all got it wrong, it is all about the BOOTY! grin Shake that butt!

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
all of the above......passion, confidance, happiness and the little light that comes from within (and a bit of skin, ooh yer and rippling muscle, um, i think ill stop there...... wink)

clairebearmember
52 posts
Location: jersey - Little rock, not quite there and almost h...

Posted:
definately a confidence thing, the less you appear to be thinking about what moves you're using the more it all flows etc etc.But also that look of total absorbtion, that there is nothing else going on apart from the fire, and that occasional eye cotact and enigmatic smile.........------------------love, light and rainbow fluff.Bearxxx

Be Cautious of who you sniff, they could be an EnemyBig love and fluffy rainbow light in bundles. Bear xxx xxx xxx

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
For some reason when i think of sexy twirling I immediately think of fire. Not that I don't like glowsticks. in fact I find it pretty hypnotising to watch. But I do watch almost exclusively the glowstick itself after a while, know what I mean ? Please all you sweet glowstikers take no offence, I have probably not seen much of good glowsticking yet ... Whereas fire and firedancing is something more "animal", more "earthy" more "sensual" too.In the twirler and appart from that topless men issue, which I beleive most girls will agree with me on wink !!! I like powerfull twirling. It does not necessary imply speed or aggressive moves... gee... hard to describe but I guess it is in the body language, the eyes and what irradiates from inside. I like a soft "martial" touch to the twirling...But I can also totally love the twirling of someone without necessarily thinking he / she is sexy. They can also just look sweet, funny or technically clean and flowing, or ...now that I re-think of it, sexy and seduction have no real rules. Because i think of some guy spinning topless all muscled adn sweaty, doinck sick moves and dancing so perfectly to the music and all... but truth is that if I know he is an asshole, i'll never find him sexy...the "sexy" touch is very subjective I guess...Shine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 17 November 2001).]

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

JyriTmember
10 posts

Posted:
umm .. Maybe I'm just stupid or something.. I dont get anything kicks watching my pal swinging.. He's a guy.. Or maybe I'm with wrong people.. Who knows..--J

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Yeah I think people have summed this up quite well. I enjoy watching fluid. effortless twirling and that is what I strive for myself.For instance I managed to crack the 5-beat weave on Monday but I really wasnt happy with it cos I was really concentrating on what I was doing and it looked a bit scrappy. I have spent most of the week practicing though and I can now just slip in/out of it as I like grin and it feels really nice.This is what twirling means to me, just feeling happy with the movements. ------------------Mark P (the mad chemist)

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
I like these kinds of threads, as a non-twirler I can have a perspective too. grinI will state the same. The fluid motions are really sexy. However, I've found that a slight variety of moves keeps the sexiness going. When it's just the same thing over and over the spice is gone. Where a few changeups help keep that sexiness.------------------"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Not to get too philisophical, but there are different types of sexy... there is a flowy hip grinding feminine sexy, then there's powerful muscluar masculine sexy (the masculine/feminine soley referring to those that I have seen use that style,) there's eye contact/play with the audience sexy and there's even shy/timid sexy.We've got some very sexy spinners out here in NYC and all are quite different.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
when they look like me.... gringirls spinning fire is very sexy because of the way they move. You see them arch and contort and move around, plus throw inthe danger factor...ooo la la"S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Bib & brace overalls grinFire is certainly a starting point.And for guys or girls, getting all hot and sweaty from putting a lot of effort in. Twirling is not a clean thing - the smoke and fuel and smell. So if someone gets all hot, sweaty and dirty, it all helps with the animalistic sexuality/sensuality I guess. Grrrrrrr!

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
it is all of these that everyone has said are soo relevent in being a sexy twirler, i think that is entirely achieveable "making love to the fire" ...looking at a twirler who is completly comfortable with the element, there is a certain secret smile that a twirler has when they are feeling the fire dancing all around them..raidiating from within, and yep Josh , i agree, i think dirty knees is fully on, and also a variation in your height while dancing, bending your legs, contortion...yum..moving with the fire..i love that secret blissed smile tho..costumes, hell yes/...stompers, a funky skirt and a top that shows those back muscles workin...mmm. grinhol..

MadGirlBettymember
13 posts

Posted:
In my opinion smooth, clear and straight circles always look good. And yes, they have to look relaxed. BTB weave may look good, but I haven't seen anyone do it and look even remotely sexually appealing at the same time... they all bend in a position that could never look relaxing.

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Actually, MGB, one friend told me that my sexiest move is when I do a btb weave turn.It took me about three months to get from doing the btb weave at all to doing it smoothly, but I got there. Now I'm trying to get there with the btb fountain.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hello fellow poiers if you wanna no what makes poi 'n' fire spinners sexy its the poi and the moves! as long as u can move u look cool inuf

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,sexyness is about sexsimple sex with everything around you,about mystery and movement,darkness and the warmpth of breath,sex is in the skin and muscles.who could fail to look sexywhen fucking fire and physics ot once?and that little smile,eyes caught and down andback.that little smile...x(my two cents)

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, I'd have to go with fluidity of movement and rhythm (And if rhythm is the key - being a drummer I'm sorted...) Having said that, it's not so much the poi that are sexy, but the dancing.The poi are an added bonus.------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble I have only one burning desire....let me stand next to your fire

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
hmm....I think the thing I find sexiest is a complete lack of fear - like the person is knows and trusts the fire and is able to move gracefully without having to lean back from it. Confidence, I guess. I'd have to agree with all the comments about fluidity, although at the same time I'm a little too jaded to watch someone doing the same 3 moves over and over. Technical moves done really well are best, but I'll settle for anything as long as its done gracefully ;-) and yeah, I'm with you Cass, bare chested fire guys are seeeeexy shockedHaving a unique style is also pretty cool, as well as an obvious passion and absorbtion in what they're doing. A lot of the female spinners I know have quite similar, weak, delicate styles that I find kind of boring to watch, so for me, a female twirler that seems strong, energetic and passionate is very sexy smileSimilarly, a lot of the guys I know have quite violent, energetic styles, which is sexy in itself, but the few that can add in dancey bits as well are super-sexy ;-)x ------------------the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

'tropemember
12 posts

Posted:
i'm with adam (whose login, coincidentally, was still on my computer since i hadn't been by here in so long)...the 'dance' aspect of it gets ignored by a lot of newbies - i know i spent most of my first year trying to learn new tricks (i'm a very VERY VERY slow learner) and forgot that personal style is really important.unfortunately i'm on the other side of that now, and relying heavily on my 'personal style' to make up for the fact that i haven't learned a move (other than a few new transitions) in ages... but, after smacking myself in the eye and both tits today, and covering my thighs in bruises practicing simultaneous wraps with my boyfriend (i also bruise easy), i've decided it's time to start working on new tricks again. i'm so banged up at this point that i might as well... ;-)

For a charm of pow'rfull trouble.Like a hell-broth, boil and bubble.Double, double, toil and trouble,Fire burn and cauldron bubble. - bill s...

Page: