DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
Holy jumpin! OK, for all you Canucks out there or anyone else who gets CBC, have you all heard of the new Cirque du Soleil series ???? It looks fantastic, and there's a tiny flash in the preview of some guy doing butterfly with fire snakes!^-^ From past threads here, I've noticed that alot of people don't hold Cirque in very high respect, but I've been entranced by them since I was really little. I have a feeling that I'm going to tape every single episode! For those who don't know and are interested, it premiers sunday, november 30th on CBC.
Wheeeeee! ubbrollsmile

P*L*U*R

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
Holy smokes, am I the only one excited by this??? frown

P*L*U*R

pavementmember
121 posts

Posted:
Poor Deimos, im excited!!

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
No, no, I'm excited, too!
I'd only seen the commercial once or twice, and must've missed the poi entirely... I'll just look closer next time. ^^

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
holy jumpin? holy smokes? have you been watching to much of that 60's batman series or somthing? confused

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
Holy obvious connection that I completely missed, Batman! ^-^ Sorry, I just want to keep actual swearing to the absolute minimum. ubblol

P*L*U*R

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
I would be excited, but I'm in the States and haven't heard of the series being aired here.

E pluribus unum, baby.

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
mail me a copy dooder! biggrin i will pay cash monies

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i've seen some of the cirque de solei tv shows they have on cable, but i'm not sure if it's the same one. i'd love to see it. my best friend is actually sending in an audition tape for cirque of him doing poi...his friend's dad is the guitarist for Mystere (cirque show in vegas)...so he's got an "in" at least.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
IMO the behind the scenes show about Cirque that's on now is crappy crap. This one looks promising though despite the miniscule snippet shown.

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
I will for sure be taping every single episode, since I'm a screaming crying fan. I'm sure copies could be made for those desperate enough. Just don't tell the FBI wink!!

P*L*U*R

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
looks around for FBI agents

um, i didn't say this but i'd love a copy

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
::is desperate for copies::

E pluribus unum, baby.

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Drools. I've seen the adds. I can't wait for sunday. gotta love the CBC

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
Well, I just saw the first episode!^-^ Keep in mind that you have to like the Cirque's clowns since there's a lot of them, but the actual acts are mind blowing! It's like meshing together their already existing shows into one thing and then throwing in a whole new bunch of stuff.
I can fit a few episodes on a tape, so if people want copies then message me and we'll work out shipping costs and such.

P*L*U*R

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
How much to get one over my direction biggrin

Perhaps we should organize a Christmas Poi party and have a viewing of these shows... unforunately i read your thread a little to late.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
I really like how they set up the show. I've seen the contortionist in this episode live, Danny (Smith) the Rubber Boy, and he really sells the theatrics. Of course all the other stuff was great as well.

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
Your way, DarkDevil? Probably $1.75 for the bus ride....oh, double that for return fare...Just watch it yourself, you lazy good for nothing!>.< wink
I was freaking out once the ocntortionist started, I was dissapointed and thought it might just be some wierd kids show with clowns.
I love the big group of acrobats from Quidam, the guys at the end. I liked their Quidam costumes better though.

P*L*U*R

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I saw something over the christmas on BBC.
Could've been the same thing. Was that the one where girl sat on the top of her head ubblol

I must say I enjoyed it anyway, some amazing acro. The trampolines where insane ubbloco

There was another on BBC 3 afterwards that had an intensely crazy looking dude doing staff and doubles. He looked like an insane pirate you wouldn't want to meet down a darkened street after a few bevvies.

No particularly cool moves except the odd blind catch behind the back (not the cheat Charles wink) . He was very fast and smooth though. Maybe as fast as Robert Heart, mayebe not, I haven't seen him.... ubbtickled

Before he lit up I saw square wicks though which I couldn't figure out no matter how much I squinted. They didn't quite look kevlar either confused maybe they were but anyway...

The one cool thing he did do though was contact fire from one wick to the other on his palm. I dunno if Kero / lamp oil'd light that quick unless it was heated so maybe he was using something else like colemans. confused

They're in the Royal St Albert Hall untill the 13th of Feb anyway and I'd defo go if I could. I'm gunna be in London 3 days after they're finished unfortunetly. Dunno if I'd like to go just for the fwirlage though to be honest...

Anyway that's my little rant...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
umm...ok, so there have been three episodes aried so far. 3. It has also been that many weeks since it was on. It's like, not there anymore. Just a bunch of typical miniseries junk. I don't know if anyone would just want the first three, since the second episode has the fire poi. I'm going to contact CBC or something, see maybe if they pulled it or something.

P*L*U*R

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I know a secret: one of HOP's very own (old school) has been asked to audition for CDS... cool huh!?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ooh really? who?

i can wait for my copies until you know for sure when it's done and whatnot smile

**giggles**

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I watched it in french class. It was AWESOME!!! Of course, I was the only one interested because the rest of the class was off doing their own stupid thing.

I believe I recorded all the episodes as well!

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
Wow, I wish my french classes were that cool, all we did was study Acadians forever. Kinudin - any idea what happpened to the show?

P*L*U*R

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
Ok, good news! solstrom was back on the air tonight and i managed to tape it. That's 4 episodes out of 13. Too bad today's was kinda lame, too much stupid clowns. Hopefully next week will be better.

P*L*U*R

SilvurBRONZE Member
sumthin sumin smmnm....
372 posts

Posted:
I had no idea that so many canucks were on this site! Hi!

Anyways, with that out of the way, I also saw the poi clip that you talked about at the start of this thread, and I have a secret. My friend ami is out east right now, and she's hanging out with this former cirque de solei chick who was a firedancer on the show, and this chick is actually teaching her how to spin cds style!!! biggrin and the best part is that when she comes home, she'll teach me!!!! biggrin:rollsmile biggrin

so yeah, that's all for now.

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
aw man, I wish I was actually impressed by the spinners from solstrom. It's kind of a kick in the pants knowing that my friends and I are way better at poi than them (not the best, but better) and that we don't have the right body image to join. >.< bummer. Hope your friend learns some cool stuff, though! It would be a great experience to hang out with someone from cirque.

P*L*U*R