Forums > Social Chat > I think I'm going to be sick

Login/Join to Participate

StebbinsBRONZE Member
10th degree spoon weilder
171 posts

Posted:
So i discovered that my apartment has ants today. How did i discover this you ask. Well today as I raised my toothbrush to my mouth I happened to notice little ants crawling through the bristles ubbcrying. So my one question to myself is HOW F*#$ING LONG HAVE I BEEN BRUSHING MY TEETH WITH ANT TOOTHPAST!!!!!!!!
No if you will excuss me for a moment I'm off to go puke.

-Beeaaatch please, I'm the macaroni with the cheese.
-This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i've had a few moments like that. in my old apartment, i used to keep a glass of water next to my chair in the living room. one day i reached over to take a drink and had it almost up to my lips when i noticed ants crawling all over it and my hand. another morning i woke up and went into the kitchen to make some toast. i put the bread into the toaster, walked over to the fridge to get out some butter, went got a plate, and walked back over to the toaster and to get a butter knife. all of a sudden i looked down and saw A COLONY of ants crawling ALL over the kitchen counter (i'm really groggy in the morning, it takes me awhile to notice things). i lost my appetite right then and there. the worst part was i got out the Raid and sprayed the whole lot of em, and then i had to clean up a pile of dead ants. it was completely nasty. i think i gagged a few times.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
OHHHH!!!!! that is so wrong!!! eek

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
oh, it's not such a big deal... just a little extra protien (or EP as my father used to call it). Besides, ants are very clean creatures - and they are just trying to make sure your place is clean too!

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
we've got the same problem at the moment (at least they're not in my toothbrush at the moment!) everywhere you go in our house theres ants. thing is they're really really tiny and almost see through, you sit and watch telly thinking you've found a 'safe' area and the next second they're making their way into you ears and nostrils!! we'v had the house spraayed but i dont think the nest is in or near the house, cos the buggers are still here!!! spank

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
You are not going to believe this!!! Here I am sitting on my butt at home this arvo and I thought like I had something like a little hair in my mouth right? It was really annoying me... and so I say to arsn "ohhh I think I just swallowed something" and he was all like "oh yeah that might have been the baby cockroach I saw running near you"
I chucked a mental... I gagged and nutted out... and arsn just larffed his ass off at me... then told me it was just a joke.... mad
Made me think about this thread straight away

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I'm with vanize on this one. It's no big deal. If you eat the flying ants in South Africa, they taste like butter. :yummysmiley:

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Noir_deluxemember
58 posts

Posted:
Uh huh. Ewwwww thats disgusting, although I think you would have known before if you had been chompin down on ant toothpaste. Cuz I mean, those guys tend to be crunchy..... And not that it matters, people eat chocolate covered ants, and I guess toothpast covered ants is a breath freshening equivalent. haha.
But I mean I've had an ant problem before. Somehow they got into the cupboard, and into the jar of peanut butter, that i was conveniently using to make myself a nice sandwich. Of course, I didnt think i had sprinkled sugar on it, which was very much what it felt like. I opened up the bread to find little brown dots struggling to free themselves. Me being the maliscious bastard i am, took the sandwhich and shoved it in the blender, reducing the bastards to goo. I then took the peanut butter jar, and no joke, shoved a fire cracker in it, put it outside, and reduced it to peanut buttery kaboom. Then, grabbing my raid, I took to the cupboard. It was actually three cans... And like an madman, three cans were expelled onto the hole, and surrounding areas. Smelled bad, but the bastards were killed. It helped that i hooked up a peice of tubing to the can and then sprayed directly into the hole... killed em all! ANd I suggest you find out where they came from and do the same thing... And oh... Buy a new toothbrush. Soon. haha. And good Luck! beerchug

Noir_DDELUX

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
such violence spank

course I'll pull a flying roach stomp or bring the cats in to eat one, but I'll take spiders outside ubbangel

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Sadistic little me couldn't stop giggling at Noir Deluxe's post... Used to have problems with bugs, now I just don't like spiders above my head when I sleep (quite an old house, can't find where they come in, just have to live with them, though we're not infested). The ultimate though was when a bird got in the attic and on a new bit we had attatched to the roof with plasterboard my old man almost had the bird in his grasp, missed the beam and put his leg through the ceiling! *giggles thinking about it) biggrin

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
i HATE bugs!!! i was sat outside tonight and got eaten alive by mosies!! bastards! i have one by my eye, put some bit stuff on it and now my eye stings like hell and is kinda blurry....maybe i should go washi ti out...mmmmmmm..good idea soph!

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Ucgh... hug

I dont like creepy crawlies. I'm not scared of them, except daddy long legs and Crane flys. I dont do anything with a body the size of a pin head and massive spiddly legs.

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Alice... you missed out the "ou" in my name in your last post.

Please go back and correct this.

Thank You.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
THat happened to me once. I came home and found a massive line of ants going into my printer. I had just moved into my new apartment and my stuff (including my printer) had been at a friend's, and something must have been spilled in it.

It was NAAASTY.

Here's a tip: to stop a line of ants, take some rubbing alcohol and swab the line. That will dissolve the hormones that they use to follow the line.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
chalk works too...the buggers won't cross a line of chalk

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
If you're bored you could find a group of them and put a ring of chalk around them. They'd just keep going around and around and around...

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Or, you could get a fire cracker and put it in the peanut butter jar full of ants and set it off outside????
Madness ubbloco

Noir_deluxemember
58 posts

Posted:
Ya hehe. Firecrackers are fun. Safe to say the little bastards learned their lessons. But speaking of bugs and such, I don't hate all bugs. I really do like Lady-bugs. They are so cute! Except those poison yellow ones... I like to pretend im an antiair turret with a can of raid, and take those ones down.
Heres something else I do. With spiders. Because I hate them. I really do think that we as humans have some wierd sense about em, because whenever one is in a room I instantly know... Anyways. I don't usually squish them. Cuz of course thats too easy. (Anyone who thinks that killing spiders in sadistic ways is wrong, dont read ahead!!!) For one, I used to catch them in bottles when I was young, and slowly fill it up with water. ANd then of course shake it like a madman. Amazingly, most of the time the spider wouldn't be dead. So, into the toilet, and flush! Around and around and around.... But these aint just small spiders. These are huge 1 inch ones, including legs. Shudder, they were nasty. Another time, I caught one in a bottle, and again with the fire crackers, threw it in, and kaboom. Dead spider bits. I also have been known to lite the huge ones on fire too... Just cuz spiders creep me out. Oh well. If the Buddists ARE right, Im guessing im gonna be a spider, or an ant in my next life. Haha. Anyone else as sadistic as I? ubbloco

Noir_DDELUX

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Not me personally, but my bests work in a pub kitchen with a fly killing machine thing, ya know the buzzy blue ones and a fly was really annoying them so they put vinegar or something on it and flicked it into the machine, it had a very slow painful death, poor sod. It made the kitchen smell aswell.
hehe, I remember when i was ickle on holiday in tenerife, lovely apartment, tiled floor, white walls nice and cool, there was a mossy in our room one night, so we whacked it with a rolled up newspaper and well, my blood splatted up the wall, the sod had only bitten me before waking us up.
Ooo, and in austria sitting round in a group of about 30 of us, eating pizza and humungous yellow and black spider with a big old round body about an inch in diameter then another inch for legs. Yum yum.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Poor Valura! I can soooo relate though. I live on a very busy urban-chic type restaurant strip in Sydney and have dozens of little brown sub-tenants. German cockroaches (little brown ones) are virtually impossible to get rid of, so I have learnt to overcome one of my biggest phobias and now live in almost harmony with the dirty little b@stards. They enjoy drowning in my kettle, so I have to rinse it out before I boil it each time. They also like to crawl on all my clean dishes, so I have to rinse everything before I use it (gets really tiresome). I don't want to know how many have crawled on me when I'm asleep on the couch!

Don't get me wrong, the place isn't a cockroach pit - they just like to come out and play, especially in the warm months. Serves me right for not being a domestic goddess!

Thankfully, I am moving in 2 weeks time! I'm sure they'll miss me, but hopefully the new tenants will value the cockroaches as much as I do ubbloco

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.