Forums > Social Chat > Looking to rent in London? - housemate wanted

Login/Join to Participate

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
ubbcryingWah, wah! ubbcrying For those of you who have met my beautiful flatmate, you can imagine how devestated I am that she is moving back to Australia. However now that she has bought her ticket home, its time to accept the fact and advertise her room. So if anyone is interested in a place in Tooting, SW London, PM / Email / Call Tia or I to view the room.

Large Double Room to Let on Ground Floor of House in Tooting for single occupancy.

Available: December 27th, 2003 ~

Housemates: Share with 3 others - 1 Irish female (Kat), 1 Japanese male (Kota)and 1 English male (Gabe)

Transport: 5 mins walk from Tooting BR station and bus stops 264/270/280/44/77/355 and 57/333. Only 5 minutes by train to Wimbledon, 20 minutes to elephant & castle, 30 mins to Kings Cross.

Rent: £367pcm exclusive, approx £420 inclusive (gas & leccie paid quarterly)

Description:

Away from the main thrust of Tooting Broadway, quiet location yet close enough to walk to Tooting Broadway. Excellent restaurants in the vicinity. Bus N155 and N133 go from the west end and the city useful if you want to get home from a night out in Brixton / Clapham / Soho / Brick Lane etc. There are some good bars in the Tooting Broadway area - Frog & Forget Me not, Spirit however Brixton is just a stones throw away with a reliable nightbus service for somewhere nearby (15 mins on bus).

There are plenty of shops and supermarkets around Tooting and Tooting Broadway, Tooting Broadway Market is great also. Tooting Broadway is our nearest library, there is a Mr. Video in Tooting Broadway and our nearest video store is Paragon Video store. Streatham and Wimbledon are both short bus / train rides away for any other high street requirements.

We have a large back garden which is perfect for lounging or fire spinning in. If you prefer wider open spaces, Tooting Bec common is not far to cycle to and for some greenery closer by Figges Marsh just past Tooting Station.

We are an easygoing household, communal household hobbies include firey stuff and I must warn you, a religious following of Eastenders. While it is not meant to be a smoking household (as per the lease) smoking is permitted by the rest of us biggrin as those who have visited the house will have witnessed biggrin - Gabe is the only real non-smoker.

We are all foodies however - Gabes a vegetarian, Kota and I are not. One advantage of living with us is the opportunity of tasting Kota's cooking (divine). As an added incentive, our new housemate can look forward to free holistic full body massage.

We are a sociable household and like to have friends round for dinner, drinks, and perfectly fine about having people to stay. During the fine weather we like to open up our house and have gatherings also.

If you think you might be interested in moving in, get in touch, or if some kindred spirit you know is seeking a new abode pass this info on.

Cheers,

Kathryn ubbrollsmile

EDITED_BY: Kat (1069341069)

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
I wish i could move in.
mmmm............ massages
BUT im in canterbury for the next 3 years (hopefully)

To anybody contemplating about moving into this house:
get in there, quick
I spent two days there with people i didnt know and had an amazing time.
by the way, thanks again for having me over Kat.
smile

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
You are most welcome Konsti, please come and play again soon- btw did you leave a CD Bouncing Souls in my room? lemme know ubbrollsmile

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, i was looking for it everywhere
wohooooooooo ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile
i am probably going to london for infected mushroom this saturday.
if you are going to that please let me know.

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Hurrah - another lost item finds its home. Won't be at Infected mushroom Saturday I'm afraid. Would offer you a bed to stay in for the night but we will have 3 Australians and Gabes mother staying with us also so there won't be any room at the inn. You are welcome to pop round Sat eve for a pre-party smoke tho.

- W B Yeats

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I've had the pleasure of staying with Kat for a weekend and I can add it's a beautifull house full of beautifull people. If I was moving to London I'd be in there like a shot. smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
But you advertise so well... have you ever thought of a career as an estate agent? I'm almost totally broke, living in a rent-free house near London anyway, and the next stage of the agenda is a migration (in the opposite direction) to Cornwall, but I still found myself pondering whether or not I could feasibly move in...

Gr.

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
biggrin

- W B Yeats