DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
How fast do you walk.
I normally walk pretty fast cause I always wanna get where I'm going.

Unless I'm in a good mood, then I walk slower and enjoy it more.

I've noticed that some of my friends walk faster than others and it's the high strung ones who're belting along while the more chilled on cruise.

I've also found if I'm stressed I like to go for a nice leisurely stroll to calm down.

C'mon then are you a tortoise or a hare??

Groove out cool

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
im a tortoise for shizzle smile i hate to rush

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

StebbinsBRONZE Member
10th degree spoon weilder
171 posts

Posted:
i think i walk pretty slow... unless im thinking about something with action like sports.. at those times i've been told by my friends that i just jet for no apparent reason..

by the way I can no longer seem to get into the social board room... i can only reply to the latest thread. it keeps saying CGI error... this didnt happen before...

-Beeaaatch please, I'm the macaroni with the cheese.
-This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
im definately a tortoise, everyone complains about how slow i walk, my mum always say's if i was anymore relaxed i'd be horizontal!...thing is theres no point in rushing around and worring about silly little things you only stress yourself out. life is here to be enjoyed so take time to do that biggrin

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
speedy fast like ninja monkey who wants to be where he is going and not where he is.

although occasionally slow and meandering like distracted monkey who knows neither where he is going or where he currently is.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
ubblol

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Wizz-er-pops
206 posts

Posted:
...like an Egyptian. ubbtickled

Poi... it's an obsession.

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
people always tell me that i walk too fast.
I think its dependent on how much walking you are used to.

example: I lived in vienna, where everything is accesible by foot/ public transport and its fairly save to walk home at 4 in the morning. So naturally i am used to walk 2 hours (time i needed to walk home from downtown) at a time. You know the 4 in the morning mission home: drunk, no money, 2 cigs in the pocket, and alone.
My cousin on the other hand who lives in moscow, where public transport (except the metro) sucks and its NOT i repeat NOT save to walk home at 4 in the morning. SO she takes cabs or hitches rides and so on.
when she comes to visit me she always compplains about the walking and tells me that she does more walking in two weeks with me that in one year in moscow....
but shes just a lazy brat

if you want improve you walking speed, get hold of a K2 scooter. they give your legs a hell of an work out. It worked for me. After going everywhere on a scooter for 3 weeks, my endurance and walking speed increased noticably.

just a tip.
Konsti

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
OMG Konsti - that is hilarious! The only time I have ever had to walk for more than a hour home drunk at 4am alone with no cash was in Vienna!

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I don't walk I fly....

Depends what shoes I am wearing that day, if I am hurrying for a train or if I have just had a smoke!

Despite not having very long legs I can put the pace on. In the countryside I saunter and in the city I speed up, unless I'm doing the tourist thang or shopping at one of the local markets.

Love the avatar Jafar. I found an angelic tarepanda. That has endeared me to new HOP more ubblove
I could become a convert.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I've got long legs so I walk really fast. Girlfriends (typically short) quickly learn to hold on to slow me down, or risk losing me! I don't think it's a stres thing for me, but I do like efficency of movement - I can often cut though a crowd or detour to a less crowded route to get to where I'm going at the speed I want to go.

However I do slow down if I'm trying to relax - I often walk to work along the river here and slow myself to chill out. But when I'm on a long walk I do tend to walk at my naturally fast pace as it becomes something of a moving meditation.

At the EJC A guy called Phax (sp?) did a workshop on slow motion moevment the day after astounding everyone with an incredible performance. He was explaining the slow motion walk while saying something like "Imagine you are walking through a park. It is a sunny and warm day. Every body else is rushing to get somewhere, but you are in no hurry. Just enjoy!" Whenever I remember that I just chill right out! biggrin

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
If I'm in the city and it's busy I'll fly around like a blue-arsed fly. Don't like crowds so usually want to get the hell outta there asap.

If I'm out in the countryside or somewhere that it's just not busy I'll saunter along at an easier pace.

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
see, i'm the opposite.....because i'm short i always had to walk double time to keep up. now a days i'm walking a much more slower pace (unless it's freezing or snowing outside or i'm late to work which is fairly often).

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I have a funny feeling I allow too much time so I can walk slowly, so that I find it hard to walk fast; I was crossing the road and those I was walking with speed up and there's me almost getting run over. I don't have a death wish! Just when my legs are in that motion, they don't wanna get faster!

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Aside from silly walking I guess I walk very precisely time wise(when I want to) By this I mean I have a wacky ability to perfectly adjust my pace to be on time with the time alloted, although I have a terrible ability of giving myself the right amount of time (im either walking really slow and takeing longer routes to kill time or walking really fast to make time)

Also I constantly remind myself to walk in the most impact absorbant way because my hips have osteo arthritus and I naturally walk in a really *rough* way, and I can't seem to form a habbit to walk properly.

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
i walk fast,always in a hurry to get there,wherever *there* is....?usually with kids in tow chattering like monkeys,one in each ear....aaaarghhhhhh ubblocoand i am terrible at crossing the street,as a kid my sister must have literally pulled me back from the brink of obliteration quite a few times..now i'm older i know to wait for little green man.beam me up......

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Depends.

If I'm on my way somewhere, so it's quickly, with my head high, alert and in control.

If I'm relaxed and in no hurry, I slow down, come down less on my heels, and relax.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
I like walking slow. Very rarely do I walk fast, just not worth the effort. But if you talk with my tall friends they say my fast walk is slow. A benefit of being short.

hug hug wave wave

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I walk as if i had critches.... hey wait...(!) confused

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
i walk slow...no point in hurrying!! i drive most of the time, so when i do walk i like to go slow so i can actually see what's around me, and take in my surroundings!! smile

my bf walks fast - he works in the city, and it's a habit of his now. bugs me tho, cos i always have to ask him to slow down!! he doesn't even notice he's doing it!

weavesmiley

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Hehe, hug

Monkeys monkeys and bananas