Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
How is Australia for adventure recreation. I might be going to school down there.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
as ye olde moderators spout:do a search!!it's great here, but it's not the Rockies...

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
*Looks disapointed*No jousting stick action... frown

Meh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
dont come for the snow. or any of that whitewater rafting crap smilewhat are you into?Josh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
don't come for the snow?? It may not be that mountainous, but I heard somewhere that the Aus snowfields are bigger than Switzerland...dunno if this is true, I just accepted it.Australia has every environment you could want. Bush forests/rainforests, desert, rocky/sandy beaches, snow (in winter), open plains, tropics. Picture the environments that span from near the Equator up to England.[This message has been edited by Bendy (edited 16 November 2001).]

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
re: australian snowfields...you gotta ask yourself why they're called snowFIELDS as opposed to Ski Resorts... cos they're flat as all f#$k, like a big open field. smilejust an observation of an australian snow pig who spent 2 years in Canada's biggest ski area.I'd rather not ski at all than subject myself to the crap conditions out here./rant

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
sure Bendy, our snowfields are bigger than Switzerland...but how many chairlifts do we have? how many accessible runs? average snowfall? average temperature? average altitude etc etc....I stopped going to Aussie snow after the 4th dissappointing season in a row...I've been meaning to get to OS snow for years now...but I keep ending up in different OS places smile I mean I've never carved Powder, and I've been to the snow 5 times! There is something very wrong with trying to learn jumps on ice. smileJosh

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Well said Flash...Nicely Put I might add too grin------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Bout the snow - you're all right - like I would know anyhoo - I haven't even been to the Aust snow fields!! I've decided that the next OS holiday I do is definitely going to be to the snow.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Hey don't bag the oz snow to much its all right. There is a type of powder at the peak of a good season like the one last year,and flat what are u talking about i'm a fairly adequate skier or boarder and have gotten into many a difficult situation, olympic at perisher for one and on MT Mckay (falls creek) that just opened up there are double diamonds. If you learn to ski well on the snow over here it will be even easier when u get into the light powder OS.cya'sP.S. not that i don't want to do lots of skiing/boarding in other countries.My dad was a ski patroller at falls for 12 years and my mum started up the heli service between falls and hotham, that's how they met, oz snow is in my blood. wink

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.